lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Stoke*****

17 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

With only Hugill to return from injury we have virtually a full squad to choose from. Hopefully competition for places, even for the bench, will be high. It's not surprising Placheta is not involved as he hasn't made the most of his opportunites.

And Stieps. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Big O said:

And Stieps. 

Yes - Frankly I think if Hugill was fit I'd drop Pukki. He needs to start taking chances.

I've said it now! 

Personally I’d started McClean at 10 with Sorensen instead of Vrancic. But still one strong line up.

Edited by Indy

Having been accused of being overly negative in past few week, this is much better. Lots of intensity, pressing, and a focus on attack. Shout out to Giannoulis who is playing well.

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Cantwell lucky to keep his place IMO. Would have liked to see Dowell start, and possibly Rupp to keep his place. 

Ahem.

• Haha 3

Vrancic has got to do better when getting on the end of these crosses, pleasing that we're looking more dangerous though. 

EDIT: I MEAN GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL 😂😂

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great finish by Cantwell with his left foot - I said a few weeks back that he needs to improve his finishing with his left foot. Brilliant stuff Todd.

How many passes for that goal? All the way coolly out from our own goal line and within one minute it's in the back of Stoke's net. Lovely. ☺️

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Cantwell lucky to keep his place IMO. Would have liked to see Dowell start, and possibly Rupp to keep his place. 

Phew, stroke of luck there 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Vrancic has got to do better when getting on the end of these crosses, pleading that we're looking more dangerous though. 

EDIT: I MEAN GOOOOOOOAAAAAALLLLL 😂😂

That's a cracking case of the mockers. Fair play to you for putting the edit on!!

• Like 1

Lots of skills for that goal but the most pleasing thing is that Todd was precise with his shot. No nerves there. 

Also - I’m liking Gianoullis so far.

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

That's a cracking case of the mockers. Fair play to you for putting the edit on!!

Literally as I pressed post 😂

8 day break and the return of Buendia doing wonders! Look so much better. Let’s keep this up and make a real statement to the rest of the league - and this forum. I’m tired of the Brentford love-in.. 😆