lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Stoke*****

21 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Can we take a second to aknowledge what a warrior Skipp is? Hope he's aright

Awesome for us. Must be a doubt for Wednesday I would have thought.

A bit disappointing with the club physios attending him that he was allowed to continue and I believe it was one of the Stoke players who called it that he was out of it. They only have one job to do and they got that one horribly wrong.

We’re always going to give away goals if we take risks keep trying to play it around at the back. Which I fully understand and accept.

Our first goal was created due to playing it around at the back and likewise theirs was the same.  It looks brilliant when it comes off and silly when it doesn’t.

But we can’t have it both ways! 

Edited by Clint

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

A bit disappointing with the club physios attending him that he was allowed to continue and I believe it was one of the Stoke players who called it that he was out of it. They only have one job to do and they got that one horribly wrong.

Soon as his face and head was spinning all over the place there should have been zero chance of him staying on.

Stupid, stupid choice.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes, thought that was a bad call too.

he should have been subbed immediately.

Exactly the response that was needed after the last few games. Not only a great 3 points that will massively boost our confidence but a real statement to Swansea and Brentford that after a wobble we’re back to our best in emphatic style.

Buendia, Cantwell absolutely brilliant. Completely unplayable. A few unsung heroes today I thought as well. Skipp was superb as he normally is, hopefully he’s ok after seeming so dazed following that collision, I’m sure he will be. Mario put in a really smart performance. So good at linking the front 4 together and creating space for Emi and Todd to work in. Beautiful assist for Cantwell’s goal as well. And obviously a shocking mistake by Giannoulis for the goal, but he more than made up for it with the assist for the 3rd, and in general played very well. Considering he’s only been in the country and with the team for a couple of weeks and had no pre-season he’s looking great. He should only get better to. 

All in all, brilliant 3 points. Now time kick on with 4 straight games against teams in the bottom 5. 

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I agree with that to an extent, which is why an independent doctor should be pitchside to make the decision. That's how it is in egg chasing isn't it?

I agree. Needs to be taken out of the hands of a manager or coach. Independent with no vested interest other than player welfare.

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I agree. Needs to be taken out of the hands of a manager or coach. Independent with no vested interest other than player welfare.

Michael Bailey says it was a finger in the eye.

I must admit in real time I went with Gorehams commentary that he looked out of it but I think we may have all jumped the gun with that one, thinking about how he reacted it really could have just been a finger in the eye

Not to mention I can't see Farke putting a players welfare at risk. Not that any extra motivation is required but if safety wasn't important enough a player genuinely out of as Skipp appeared  wouldn't  be any use on the pitch

1 hour ago, RidgeYellow said:

Michael Bailey says it was a finger in the eye.

I must admit in real time I went with Gorehams commentary that he looked out of it but I think we may have all jumped the gun with that one, thinking about how he reacted it really could have just been a finger in the eye

Not to mention I can't see Farke putting a players welfare at risk. Not that any extra motivation is required but if safety wasn't important enough a player genuinely out of as Skipp appeared  wouldn't  be any use on the pitch

He looked pretty wobbly and had to sit down after initially getting up-looked like a reaction to a knock to the head rather than a poke in the eye-but I guess he knows what happened!

Reviewing the two weird incidents involving Kenny and Dimitris, what do people think happened? They look as if they didn't see the Stoke players, as if they were camouflaged and had blended into the background (maybe the flashing hoardings?). Having never been in a situation like this I can't say if it was simply a visual block (memories of Man U grey shirts) but it doesn't look like simple, sloppy passing either,especially the way both react. Strange indeed.

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Reviewing the two weird incidents involving Kenny and Dimitris, what do people think happened? They look as if they didn't see the Stoke players, as if they were camouflaged and had blended into the background (maybe the flashing hoardings?). Having never been in a situation like this I can't say if it was simply a visual block (memories of Man U grey shirts) but it doesn't look like simple, sloppy passing either,especially the way both react. Strange indeed.

Kenny was looking to add to his assist at Swansea? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Herman said:

Only thing I can think of is blind spot.

Thnakfuly this happened to them during football and not driving. Know a guy who lost his leg in a car crash caused due to a blind spot and him driving into an oncoming car going 80mph..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only thing I can think of is blind spot.

Thnakfuly this happened to them during football and not driving. Know a guy who lost his leg in a car crash caused due to a blind spot and him driving into an oncoming car going 80mph..

There was a notorious one on my way to work. Got away with it a few times, even narrowly missing a large, white Transit. The council finally fixed it.

12 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

He looked pretty wobbly and had to sit down after initially getting up-looked like a reaction to a knock to the head rather than a poke in the eye-but I guess he knows what happened!

I agree, I'd love to believe Farke's diagnosis but the cynic in me thinks they know they ballsed up so this is a cover. I've had a significant poke in the eye, bad enough so that 7 years on I can still see the scar on my vision when I look up and right. At no point did it make me feel wobbly or need to sit down.

To be fair, they had a good long check and decided he was ok to continue - there’s a lot of people on here saying the physios/doctor don’t know what they are doing.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I agree, I'd love to believe Farke's diagnosis but the cynic in me thinks they know they ballsed up so this is a cover. I've had a significant poke in the eye, bad enough so that 7 years on I can still see the scar on my vision when I look up and right. At no point did it make me feel wobbly or need to sit down.

I agree 100%.

We’ve all had a poke in the eye at some point and the instant reaction is cover it with your hand. At no point did Skipp do that and you could see by his vacant glazed expression that he was punch drunk. David Freezer said in his match summing up that an easy Skipp pass he made later went astray and it was then they hauled him off.q

If the club have tried to cover it up I’m a bit disappointed.

Red hoarding to blame for atrocious passes?

I've just looked at the highlights from the game against Stoke and the Giannoulis pass to Stoke happened when the hoarding had just changed to dafabet red - is it possible that Stoke's red shirts disappeared into the red of the hoarding? Just a thought!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TW Canary said:

Red hoarding to blame for atrocious passes?

I've just looked at the highlights from the game against Stoke and the Giannoulis pass to Stoke happened when the hoarding had just changed to dafabet red - is it possible that Stoke's red shirts disappeared into the red of the hoarding? Just a thought!

This was my thinking too. Could be clutching at straws to excuse poor football but the incidents seem a bit odd to me.

3 minutes ago, Herman said:

This was my thinking too. Could be clutching at straws to excuse poor football but the incidents seem a bit odd to me.

Definitely a little odd for it to happen twice - I find those advertising boards annoying and sometimes distracting, it’s a possibility in a quick glance up that they might not have ‘seen’ their players.  Kenny’s pass was otherwise completely inexcplicable.

6 to 7 % of the male population is colour-blind/ colour deficient in some way, the most common being red-green. This means that statistically one of the matchday squad is afflicted. I have never heard this mentioned in relation to football. For me - being red-green colour deficient - some matches are unwatchable because the strips are too similar.

5 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

6 to 7 % of the male population is colour-blind/ colour deficient in some way, the most common being red-green. This means that statistically one of the matchday squad is afflicted. I have never heard this mentioned in relation to football. For me - being red-green colour deficient - some matches are unwatchable because the strips are too similar.

That’s an interesting perspective, I’d not considered it at all. Thanks for sharing THB.

Surely in today’s culture of marginal gains, this has been considered though?

Tykes still winning at brentford. But little time to sort out the advert hoardings as rotherham play in red and white

Meanwhile Cardiff need to win 6 more games assuming Norwich lose 6 over next 17 games for ncfc not to finish top 6. Probability zero. 

Which leads me to point out farkeball only had 14 passes for the Cantwell goal compared with 22 for the Redmond goal.at Wembley.

And just for the record Nate silver predicts ncfc promotion as 70%. 

Goodbye.

15 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Tykes still winning at brentford. But little time to sort out the advert hoardings as rotherham play in red and white

Meanwhile Cardiff need to win 6 more games assuming Norwich lose 6 over next 17 games for ncfc not to finish top 6. Probability zero. 

Which leads me to point out farkeball only had 14 passes for the Cantwell goal compared with 22 for the Redmond goal.at Wembley.

And just for the record Nate silver predicts ncfc promotion as 70%. 

Goodbye.

So do Barnsley 😀