lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Stoke*****

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Not been many of them on this forum in the last few weeks.

I know - it's almost as if the Championship isn't all twists and turns!

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Good half overall. Only the two CBs are giving me the willies.

One of these days, we'll get it right across the board.

• Like 1

Hanley seems to have his laces tied together but other than that a good controlled half. Let’s just hope Stoke don’t opt for the root one approach second half like they did at their place.

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Not been many of them on this forum in the last few weeks.

I expect the Senate not to find theirs later today.

Oooops....wrong part of the forum 🤭

Yeah Gibson and Hanley have had their shaky moments but that aside a good half from us, now I want to be greedy and ask for like 3 or so more goals please 😄

1 minute ago, robertociNCFC said:

Yeah Gibson and Hanley have had their shaky moments but that aside a good half from us, now I want to be greedy and ask for like 3 or so more goals please 😄

Indeed, I don't feel settled or happy with a scoreline unless we are at least 3 nill up.. And even then I still worry 😂

A bit fortunate to get the second, needed that goal!

I really wish we maintained that pressure that we managed for the first 15 minutes until we scored. Seems it is a conscious effort to sit off a bit more in games when we are winning, taking less risks in possession and inadvertently inviting pressure on ourselves in the end. It kind of explains why we’ve not properly hammered a side yet this season by a 3/4/5 goal margin as well - no question we’re capable enough of it.

I get why we want to do it, but it just doesn’t suit us, we’re at our best taking risks with the ball and throwing players forwards. We have looked a bit jittery and unsure in this winning position now - I think players like Aarons start to question whether they should be going forwards or not.

That said maybe we’ll see a more expansive second half now we have the two goal cushion. But wouldn’t surprise me if we just closed the game out now with no further goals for either side - which I’d certainly take! 

1 minute ago, East Rider said:

Good team performance so far. Cantwell and the midfield running the show.

Giannoulis has had a great half

Giannoulis needed time to settle into this divison, seems he is doing so now.

Think people are seeing why Giannoulis has come in - get him bedded into the team before the possible promotion. And it wasn't fair on Sorensen and his development to keep playing him out of position.

Think we can close the book on signing Quintilla now.

1 minute ago, Temefan said:

Great performance and Pukki's goal was mentally huge! Nice to see Giannoulis aggressive play.

Hopefuly this is where Pukki finds his form back. Ever since he broke his foot last season he just has not been the same.

We also look better in the midfield with Skipp and McLean centrally. I just don’t think Rupp is creative enough with the ball - he’s more expansive than Skipp of course but McLean has made a few really nice passes around the corner and inbetween the lines that Rupp doesn’t do so much. McLean also speedier in offloading possession and keeping or building momentum.

Vrancic has looked decent at 10 and Giannoulis also more comfortable as said above!

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We also look better in the midfield with Skipp and McLean centrally. I just don’t think Rupp is creative enough with the ball - he’s more expansive than Skipp of course but McLean has made a few really nice passes around the corner and inbetween the lines that Rupp doesn’t do so much. McLean also speedier in offloading possession and keeping or building momentum.

Vrancic has looked decent at 10 and Giannoulis also more comfortable as said above!

McLean making passes alright...

We seem to sleepwalk into the start of second halves far too often this season. Either that or other teams really come out a lot quicker after a rocket...

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yep talked that one up, not sure how Kenny managed that one Fletcher was right infront of him!

Same as against Swansea 

Slowly beginning to see why Giannoulis had the nickname Mr. No Brakes in Greece as well. Likes a rumble forward, that lad.