Sign in to follow this  
Six Pack

Vrancic and Mclean

The last 4 matches has seen our regular playing formation not producing goals. Skipp, Sorenson & Rupp have improved our competitiveness in the middle of the park. Our defence has improved from 2018-19 due to the better defensive players being selected. For promotion we need to achieve wins so a radical change is needed before we don't get too far behind. I would pair Vrancic and Mclean in central midfield. With Leitner out of the picture, we currently haven't got a player who can hold/pass and act as a pivot in the middle of the park so Vrancic has to play in that position - his defence is not great but at this point it is crucial he plays deep. Mclean or Rupp should partner him because we need a player with the ability to defend and attack. Mclean if he can reproduce his form between injury and Covid. Another change to improve our attack Sorenson should come in for Gibson at CD. Skipp has been our best player this season but we need horses for courses. Skipp, Sorenson & Rupp will be decent in the premiership but we need to get there first.

Gibson has been decent and he's actually a CB. 

54 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Reasons not to post in the middle of the night. 

Midnight crack binge perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Reasons not to post in the middle of the night. 

I posted around midnite - the boys are usually still up with the anticipation & excitment of today's game

20 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Changing the Hanley Gibson partnership is the very last thing I’d do.

To our increased firepower - we have to replace some defenders

13 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

To our increased firepower - we have to replace some defenders

Agree with this, and maybe we should find a more attack-minded goalkeeper too? Can’t even remember the last time Krul had a shot.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Haha 4

The way I see it right now, six of our team should play every match regardless as long as they're fit: Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Skipp and Buendia. I'd also throw in McLean, Pukki and Cantwell as players who should start when they're fit unless there's a very convincing reason not to. If we keep those nine players fit and firing, there's no reason to doubt our ability to get our form back and go up automatically. The players are good enough, and the system is good enough if we just become that little bit more clinical in front of goal.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

The way I see it right now, six of our team should play every match regardless as long as they're fit: Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Gibson, Skipp and Buendia. I'd also throw in McLean, Pukki and Cantwell as players who should start when they're fit unless there's a very convincing reason not to. If we keep those nine players fit and firing, there's no reason to doubt our ability to get our form back and go up automatically. The players are good enough, and the system is good enough if we just become that little bit more clinical in front of goal.

This.   x  a quadrillion. 

39 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Not so much McLean.. the blokes awful

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Thank you for your characteristically incisive insight.

38 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

McLean has been great this season. Only Skipp has been a better central midfielder in my book. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

If you can't see what McLean brings to the team then seriously, please go and watch another sport, as your brain evidently can't see what's in front of your face. 

• Like 2

What we definately don’t want to see is a Skipp, Rupp, McLean midfield. They are all too ‘samey’.

Despite their obvious talents, I think we have the same problem playing Cantwell and Buendia either side of Pukki. We are too one paced and one dimensional.  Especially with the afore-mentioned midfield three.

I now guarantee that all of these five will start today!!!

Edited by Clint

If McLean is fit to start, Rupp should currently be on the bench. 

We have a number of players who badly need pitch time, but we also need to get back up on the horse after the last few results and keep the heat on those around us. Worryingly, Pukki is looking a bit jaded again & we rely too heavily on him to rattle the onion bag. 

If you're an opposition coach looking to stunt our goal-scoring threat at the moment, you pin our full-backs, deny the Goat space and frustrate Buendia. Let us pass it around in non-threatening areas while crowding the area in front of the box. 

As in pretty much every season where you're in & around the top, tweaks are required as things progress and your methods are counter-acted. We need to spring a few curve-balls over the next month or two. Hopefully the likes of Giannoulis, Idah, maybe Josh Martin or Mumba can make a tangible impact and the likes of Onel, Placheta, Dowell, Hugill and maybe even Marco can find some form. I'm also in the "Vrancic off the bench" camp. 

1 hour ago, Jerrykerry said:

If you can't see what McLean brings to the team then seriously, please go and watch another sport, as your brain evidently can't see what's in front of your face. 

Yeah hiding between 2 players in our defensive third so he doesn't receive the ball and when he advances forward he just does 5 to 10 yard passes

Edited by Ward 3

3 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thank you for your characteristically incisive insight.

Need i say anymore? Lost us the game completely last time out but yeah next time I quote on your post I'll do a 500 word essay just for you. Tool

2 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Need i say anymore? Lost us the game completely last time out but yeah next time I quote on your post I'll do a 500 word essay just for you. Tool

U ok hun?

Well I think Krul's error was quite significant but let's ignore that so we can just blame Maclean.

Just now, sgncfc said:

Well I think Krul's error was quite significant but let's ignore that so we can just blame Maclean.

At least krul makes us points more than costing us 

Yeah babes.. you ok treacle 

All good here chap. Got Ipsh*t in my acca today, so they're bound to lose... 😄

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

All good here chap. Got Ipsh*t in my acca today, so they're bound to lose... 😄

Done that many times and normally they or us are the only team to let me down 🙄😬

Done that many times and normally they or us are the only team to let me down 🙄😬

Don't worry, no Norwich in my acca today 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Vrancic starting Kenny on the bench please, we need to win today. 

Doesn’t make sense!   Vrancic is an absolute passenger when he starts!    

the problem is the 3rd forward other than Cantwell and Buendia and Pukki’s evident loss of form/confidence.... he’s just lost all conviction in his finishing.   

None of Vrancic, Platcheta, Dowell, Steipermann, Martin or McLean have performed anywhere near good enough in that position.