Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Looks Like The SCG Is Making A Comeback.

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

The bit that was confusing was that you decided the description,

Therefore, the open fan consultation will include an update on recent government and DCMS announcements and will outline the initial process behind the introduction of an official supporters panel, a recognised fan consultation board.

was the name,

Rebranded as Official Supporters Panel, A Recognised Fan Consultation Board 

😀

Just my take on it Squit having read the official club website that it appears a reinvention on the old SCG from pre 2009 so sorry for the confusion.

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Surely you'd need a pant wetter and a happy clapper for balance. 

Maybe a miserablist too. 

Wonder if other forums could spare one of their number...... 

What other forums, there's only this one and wrath of the barclay  left now who have a decent amount of regular posters, all the other ncfc forums have closed or died. Most people have migrated to facebook, twitter, Instagram, which is the way forward so the youngsters keep telling me lol  

27 minutes ago, Diane said:

What other forums, there's only this one and wrath of the barclay  left now who have a decent amount of regular posters, all the other ncfc forums have closed or died. Most people have migrated to facebook, twitter, Instagram, which is the way forward so the youngsters keep telling me lol  

I am not on any other football forums, and I don't need to be as this one gives me all I need (and more!) so I cannot speak for others, although I am aware of their existence.  I believe some here have dual memberships though, although I personally cannot see the point. 

However this forum can survive alongside the other social media ones, infact one enhances the other, as you can post insta / Twitter links on here for others to share. 

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're obviously right but the cost doesn't justify the risk when up to 90% of revenue comes from TV. Unless we accept that if we sell a player for £30m we use the money to build a new stand. 

Personally I'd like to see that done, along with safe standing in the Barclay and River Ends

Depends on your thinking. Hopefully NCFC exists as long as football does.

We will likely never establish ourselves permanently in the PL, we will also probably drop down to league one again at some point. 

A players time at the club is finite. The clubs on field performance is a finite game that finishes and starts again on a yearly basis. 

Increasing capacity is about thinking long term about the club, not one season, not 3-4, but what’s best for the club long after some of us are long gone.

Registration was open for 2 weeks, and publicised on here and the clubs website (plus other platforms Id assume).

Very interesting and informative session, especially around putting more emphasis on Junior Canaries, the young fans they can attract and keep as future ST holders.

• Like 1

The details of how to apply for the Official Supporters Panel will be on the club website this Sunday 28th'

You can nominate yourself or another individual and these nominations will be the subject of an election and will serve for a term of 2 seasons.

The Panel will consist of 15 members.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The details of how to apply for the Official Supporters Panel will be on the club website this Sunday 28th'

You can nominate yourself or another individual and these nominations will be the subject of an election and will serve for a term of 2 seasons.

The Panel will consist of 15 members.

I think a supporters panel is a great idea  it will be good to have 15 fans picked by the fans to represent the fans at regular meetings with the club.

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have a strange feeling that the people who will inevitably put themselves forward will be those that I wouldn’t want to be represented by ....

Whoever they are they won't be representing me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I have a strange feeling that the people who will inevitably put themselves forward will be those that I wouldn’t want to be represented by ....

You will have the opportunity to vote or just maybe you could nominate somebody who you would be happy to have represent you.

GPB are you one of those who do not vote at General Elections and then moan about your local MP ?

Edited by TIL 1010

6 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Easy answer to that - put yourself forward Nutty. 

Not a chance buddy.

I haven't needed anyone represent me for the last 54 years and it's all gone ok so far...

14 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not a chance buddy.

I haven't needed anyone represent me for the last 54 years and it's all gone ok so far...

I think its just the club trying to communicate with more fans Nutty which must be a good thing, they already have regular dialogue with 2/3 from each fans groups, this opens it up a bit.

30 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Easy answer to that - put yourself forward Nutty. 

He wouldn't be able to complain about it then.

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Not a chance buddy.

The point is you represent others, not they represent you. Keep up. 

9 minutes ago, Diane said:

I think its just the club trying to communicate with more fans Nutty which must be a good thing, they already have regular dialogue with 2/3 from each fans groups, this opens it up a bit.

That's all good Diane. But as you already know it's not for me.🙃

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The corollary of that is that you would want to be represented by fans who don’t want to represent you...🤓

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The corollary of that is that you would want to be represented by fans who don’t want to represent you...🤓

I don't want to be represented by those ones either🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's all good Diane. But as you already know it's not for me.🙃

NN would you suggest something different? 

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Or represented by fans representing other fans , some of whom don’t want to be represented , or indeed represent , other fans . Viz a viz some fans are unrepresentable . Conversely , other fans are unrepresented . I hope that’s clear . 🥸

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

1 minute ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Or represented by fans representing other fans , some of whom don’t want to be represented , or indeed represent , other fans . Viz a viz some fans are unrepresentable . I hope that’s clear . 🥸

As well as being unrepresentable I'm unpresentable...