Midlands Yellow

Most passionate fans you’ve encountered

I was by default at the Scottish Skol cup final 87 where a young Robert Fleck made a statement. I’ve never heard noise like it when a goal went in and the partying after took a lot of Alka-Seltzer to help out.

What’s the best/loudest match day experience you’ve encountered? 

Fenerbahce fans are mental.

Went to a pre-season at Bramall Lane a good few years back. I've followed them vaguely as my Turkish team since I lived there. They brought 2000 fans, flares, and a hell of an atmosphere. They set the stand on fire with a flare at one point. It was utter chaos. For a pre-season, against 3rd tier (at the time) opposition. Never seen anything like it, and it was a pointless pre-season against no mark opposition, 3500 miles away from Istanbul.... Incredible to be a part of. On my list to get out to the şükrü saraçoğlu when we are able to travel again. Only seen it from the outside so far. I was somewhere behind the flares 👇

Image result for fenerbahce at bramall lane

Edited by kick it off

1982, Portman Road. Martin O'Neill free kick in the last minute to win us the game 3-2 - Pandemonium

Simeon Jackson last minute goal vs Derby - Pandemonium

Nathan Redmond's goal at Wembley - Pandemonium

How many more examples would you like?

• Like 2

I dont think there are really more passionate sets of fans than others. Everyone is passionate about their own football club.

I guess you actually mean in terms of how that's shown which @kick it off has demonstrated perfectly.

I automatically lean to either clubs fans who I happen to have got on well with on an away day and had good football conversations (bizarrely most recently West Ham fans) or the more vocal fans leaning towards violent where you go away and feel a bit intimidated. I guess the last club for that was probably Wolves when I was a teenager.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I dont think there are really more passionate sets of fans than others. Everyone is passionate about their own football club.

I guess you actually mean in terms of how that's shown which @kick it off has demonstrated perfectly.

I automatically lean to either clubs fans who I happen to have got on well with on an away day and had good football conversations (bizarrely most recently West Ham fans) or the more vocal fans leaning towards violent where you go away and feel a bit intimidated. I guess the last club for that was probably Wolves when I was a teenager.

I had my head split open by a coin at Molineux before they put the nets up to stop projectiles being launched from the upper tier (home) at the away fans in the lower tier. I was 7. I hate Wolves and their  neanderthal fans.

Edited by kick it off

Probably Celtic. 5,000odd midweek for a meaningless testimonial game. All day in the pub with them and an endless songlist throughout the game. America de Cali pretty decent too though to be fair. 

• Like 1

I've never been to Argentina but River Plate v Boca Juniors is allegedly the most 'intense' football match in the world. Worth a look if you can find it on tv when/if normality returns. 

3 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've never been to Argentina but River Plate v Boca Juniors is allegedly the most 'intense' football match in the world. Worth a look if you can find it on tv when/if normality returns. 

On par with our flag display when the players come out. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

I remember Yeovil away in the FA Cup. They always created a good atmosphere when playing against the ‘big boys’.

On a side note, back at the train station after the game “their boys” (about 50 of them) confronted about 1500 of us.

Never heard laughter like it, even the coppers found it funny and they walked away tails between their legs.

11 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

1982, Portman Road. Martin O'Neill free kick in the last minute to win us the game 3-2 - Pandemonium

I was at that match too 😁

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean he stinks of cheap cigarettes, booze and fags but you can't deny he loves his club

Seriously though, Portsmouth fans are ace

pompey.jpgimage.jpeg.c594bf886b8446aa29e348c628ae1a53.jpeg

Scrubs up well though. 

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean he stinks of cheap cigarettes, booze and fags but you can't deny he loves his club

Tbf, I know lots of football fans like that 😉 

47 minutes ago, pearsos said:

I remember Yeovil away in the FA Cup. They always created a good atmosphere when playing against the ‘big boys’.

On a side note, back at the train station after the game “their boys” (about 50 of them) confronted about 1500 of us.

Never heard laughter like it, even the coppers found it funny and they walked away tails between their legs.

I remember that game, and  knowing Yeovil was on the other side of the Country, I was amazed (easily !) that I got back home in time, to watch the game on Match of the Day. All hail British Rail!

Just now, FenwayFrank said:

Dortmund fans can make some noise, I think fans in general in Germany are pretty good

Some of their ex players can't half make some noise, also............🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Imagine what it must be like when they play Boca Seniors

I always think the most passionate are those who follow a club with virtually no chance of glory, or are the massively smaller second team in a city.

Think Bury, Tranmere, Barrow, - or Espanyol, 1860 Munich.  

33 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Work or pleasure? 

Weekend in Glasgow with a Jock mate who is a Celtic supporter.

1 hour ago, FCC said:

I always think the most passionate are those who follow a club with virtually no chance of glory, or are the massively smaller second team in a city.

Think Bury, Tranmere, Barrow, - or Espanyol, 1860 Munich.  

1860 Munich have won plenty of titles. 

13 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That's pretty impressive. Turkish clubs tend to have bespoke displays made for big games which always look amazing.

Image result for fenerbahce banner galatasaray

Edited by kick it off