Sign in to follow this  
Pukki Blinders

Team vs Stoke

10 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm going for a much more controversial squad..

2top.png

I'd put Buendia and Soto as a two up front striker partnership and put Pukki at left mid in Buendia's place. It would be raining goals

31 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I'd put Buendia and Soto as a two up front striker partnership and put Pukki at left mid in Buendia's place. It would be raining goals

Soto wont be in the squad. Hes in under 23s until loaned out.

21 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Please god no...not that negative midfield again...didnt work at swansea and shouldnt be repeated in a home game vs stoke.

We're finding goals hard enough to come by as it is...lets not make it even more difficult for ourselves

Krul

Aarons  Hanley Gibson Giannoulis

Skipp    McLean

Buendia      Cantwell     Hernandez

Pukki

I’m the same X1 as you I think. If the game is going well then maybe we can get Dowell and Idah on for Hernandez and Pukki 

Worth noting that Farke said in his presser today that he's had a conversation with Sorenson, and told him that Giannoulis and Xavi are our left back options for the rest of the season, and that he'll only play there in an emergency, giving him an opportunity to try and get himself into a midfield position.

On 11/02/2021 at 21:04, Pukki Blinders said:

I'd like to see a few changes for this, would personally go for something like:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannoulis
Skipp Sorenson
Buendia Cantwell Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: Barden, Zimmermann, Mumba, Tettey, Rupp, Vrancic, McLean, Placheta, Idah

If we did theoretically name this side that would leave no room on the bench for Dowell, Martin, Stepi or Xavi. I'd love to get more of them in but I don't know who would drop out of the squad to make way. 

There's definitely an argument that Idah deserves a run in the side up front, but I think if we do go with Emi, Cantwell and Onel as the 3 behind the striker then hopefully Pukki will be able to find his rhythm. I certainly would like to see Cantwell played in the number 10 role as nobody has managed to nail down that spot. With Rupp not really stamping himself on the side in the last few games I'd like to see Sorenson finally given a chance next to Skipp, and think this next run of 5 games where we don't play any of the 'top' sides in the league, is a good opportunity to get him in.

If you swap out Lungi for McLean, I'd say you have it. Unless DF tries to shoehorn Rupp in at Onel's expense? Which would be disappointing at home to a decent but very beatable Stoke side on a poor run. 

It would be interesting to give Idah a start too (sorry Onel!). Pukki needs support. While Idah is still raw, he demands attention and draws players to him, he's direct & physical, and he's not going to sharpen his tools sitting in the stand. 

Skipp    McLean

Buendia     Cantwell      Idah     

Pukki

Lots for the opposition to ponder there, still solid at the back and a tidy bench to change it up. 

• Like 1

Soto should be in the squad.  I don't see the point in having half fit players on the bench, when we have a fully fit striker who has scored goals this season at a decent level.

Whichever league we find ourselves in next season, I think Idah needs to go out on loan.  It will benefit him massively.

9 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

As shown this season by what, exactly? Placheta is better but the fact is neither have set the world alight.

How do you justify that? Onel has been injured for a large part of the season and largely only had a few minutes off the bench. Like many of our other players, he will improve with some game time, and we know how effective he can be when at his best. Placheta’s had a chance and not taken it.

Similarly, I’d like to see Idah start, and you could make a similar argument about Zimbo just not being match fit yet, but fortunately there’s no need for a change at CB, Hanley and Gibson have been one of the best things about our performances this season.

Krul 

Skipp 

Buendia    Cantwell Pukki   Argos

Idah

With Pukki free to roam and Idah drawing defenders away

Edited by NFN FC

9 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

How do you justify that? Onel has been injured for a large part of the season and largely only had a few minutes off the bench. Like many of our other players, he will improve with some game time, and we know how effective he can be when at his best. Placheta’s had a chance and not taken it.

Similarly, I’d like to see Idah start, and you could make a similar argument about Zimbo just not being match fit yet, but fortunately there’s no need for a change at CB, Hanley and Gibson have been one of the best things about our performances this season.

My point was that neither Onel nor Placheta would start in my first XI, and it’s my own opinion - which I believe I’m entitled to - that Placheta is a better player.  That’s my judgement over watching Onel his entire time at the club, not just this season.

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 hours ago, NFN FC said:

Krul 

Skipp 

Buendia    Cantwell Pukki   Argos

Idah

With Pukki free to roam and Idah drawing defenders away

Gets my vote!

Michael Bailey’s recent article about Emi highlighted that an unexpected part of his value is his ability to win the ball back, admittedly normally higher up the pitch, so playing Skipp on his own could work. 

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

My point was that neither Onel nor Placheta would start in my first XI, and it’s my own opinion - which I believe I’m entitled to - that Placheta is a better player.  That’s my judgement over watching Onel his entire time at the club, not just this season.

What on earth has Placheta done rhis season to suggest he's a better player than Hernandez??.....baffling

Still no Idah, still no Dowell. Farke says they are.............'fully match fit' yet in same interview says ..............'they are not fit to start' FFS!! 

Even with NIL goals in last FOUR games, Farke plods along with same faces (more or less). Dowell and Idah deserve a decent run of starts as others are underperforming. 

26 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

What on earth has Placheta done rhis season to suggest he's a better player than Hernandez??.....baffling

What has Hernandez done in the last two years to suggest he is worth a starting place?

And as for Placheta, he has made his full Polish debut - that’s not something just given away by any country; just because we haven’t worked out how to best use him doesn’t make him a poor player.

Edited by Branston Pickle

19 hours ago, Clint said:

As mentioned by some earlier, I think there’s a strong argument to see if Idah can be this seasons Steipi.

Play him behind Pukki at no 10 to be a physical presence and a nuisance to defenders. This should leave Pukki far less  isolated and also create space for him as Idah will draw in defenders. We’d also regularly have more than one person in the box (for a change) and much more of a goal threat.

Why not lob Sorensen in there instead? I mean, it worked at left-back well enough! 😉

13 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

What has Hernandez done in the last two years to suggest he is worth a starting place?

Jesus what an awful take...

How about being a mainstay in the side for 18/19 season, scored 8 goals and got 10 assists? Pretty darn good for a winger is it not?  

He was also probably the only attacking player who deserved any credit post lockdown last season. Was consistently putting in a shift (when no one else was) and was one of our better attacking threats. My Everton supporting mates highlighted him as our best player when they saw him!

Don’t think that should be forgotten because he’s struggled to get back into his stride after a lengthy injury. Although it appears you have!

And I’m not saying Hernandez should be starting, because he has struggled so far this season, but let’s not try to change the past please 👍

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

The fact that Hernandez is on the bench today and Placheta isn’t surely suggests that the former is considered a better option currently? 

41 minutes ago, Clint said:

The fact that Hernandez is on the bench today and Placheta isn’t surely suggests that the former is considered a better option currently? 

Presumably must be injured....otherwise its quite a fall to go from starting the 2 games in place of Buendia whilst suspended to not being in the 20

....unless Farke was completely unimpressed by him in those 2 games?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary