Team vs Stoke

I'd like to see a few changes for this, would personally go for something like:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannoulis
Skipp Sorenson
Buendia Cantwell Hernandez
Pukki

Subs: Barden, Zimmermann, Mumba, Tettey, Rupp, Vrancic, McLean, Placheta, Idah

If we did theoretically name this side that would leave no room on the bench for Dowell, Martin, Stepi or Xavi. I'd love to get more of them in but I don't know who would drop out of the squad to make way. 

There's definitely an argument that Idah deserves a run in the side up front, but I think if we do go with Emi, Cantwell and Onel as the 3 behind the striker then hopefully Pukki will be able to find his rhythm. I certainly would like to see Cantwell played in the number 10 role as nobody has managed to nail down that spot. With Rupp not really stamping himself on the side in the last few games I'd like to see Sorenson finally given a chance next to Skipp, and think this next run of 5 games where we don't play any of the 'top' sides in the league, is a good opportunity to get him in.

Edited by Pukki Blinders
  • Like 3

Krul

Hanley   Sorensen  Gibson

Aarons                        Giannoulis

Rupp        Skipp

Buendia                     Cantwell

Pukki

Pace, width and flair mixed with solidity.

9 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Krul

Rupp        Skipp

Pukki

Sorenson in the middle of a back 3? Does he play centre half? Bit of a slap in the face for Zimbo to not play him in a back 3.

I agree 100% with Pukki Blinders starting 11.

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sorenson in the middle of a back 3? Does he play centre half? Bit of a slap in the face for Zimbo to not play him in a back 3.

I agree 100% with Pukki Blinders starting 11.

Sorensen, the new Beckenbauer.

Whenever Zimmermann has played in defence this season he has looked distinctly dodgy.

Krul
Aarons  Hanley  Gibson   Giannoulis
               Rupp Skipp McLean
Buendia                                 Cantwell 
                         Pukki

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Krul

Rupp        Skipp

Pukki

This but I'd be tempted to put Vrancic or McLean in over Rupp to give us more passing range in the middle.

1 hour ago, howzer14 said:

Krul
               Rupp Skipp McLean
                         Pukki

Please god no...not that negative midfield again...didnt work at swansea and shouldnt be repeated in a home game vs stoke.

We're finding goals hard enough to come by as it is...lets not make it even more difficult for ourselves

Krul

Aarons  Hanley Gibson Giannoulis

Skipp    McLean

Buendia      Cantwell     Hernandez

Pukki

2 hours ago, howzer14 said:

Krul
               Rupp Skipp McLean
                         Pukki

I think this will be the team Farke picks, with Kenny at 10. Personally I'd put Dowell there and play Sorensen instead of Rupp, but he won't.

I don't want to see Dowell starting until we've picked our form back up again. He's offered nothing so far since coming back from injury and is clearly low on confidence/rusty, which is not what we need at the moment. I don't think I've ever seen Onel low on confidence so I'd rather go for him (or Vrancic).

I would try Idah as 9 with Teemu as 10. We need to have more fire power and Teemu playing behind Adam will give him more space

7 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I would try Idah as 9 with Teemu as 10. We need to have more fire power and Teemu playing behind Adam will give him more space

Yeah, this isn't a bad idea... or maybe the other way round. Idah has made cameos in attacking midfield positions before, and Pukki actually started his Norwich career as a 10 behind Rhodes if I remember correctly.

I'd go with:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen
Skipp McLean
Buendia Idah Cantwell
Pukki

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I'm going for a much more controversial squad..

2top.png

It would be interesting to see but has Farke ever started a game with 2 up front? 

32 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It would be interesting to see but has Farke ever started a game with 2 up front? 

He did once.. It did not really work. He mostly sticks to rarely switching to two up top when we need to score around 70 minutes in and we have two strikers on the pitch due to susbs

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He did once.. It did not really work. He mostly sticks to rarely switching to two up top when we need to score around 70 minutes in and we have two strikers on the pitch due to susb==bs

I doubt he'll ever do it. Apart from goalscoring, Pukki's great talent is moving defenders around. Maybe Farke thinks Pukki will have his space blocked if he has someone up there with him. 

Regardless of that, I think Pukki really needs a goal on Saturday. He is clearly a confidence player and needs one to get him going again 

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Giannoulis*
Skipp McLean
Buendia  Dowell, Cantwell
Pukki

Subs: Barden, Zimmermann, Rupp,  Sorensen, Vrancic, Placheta, Martin**, Hernandez, Idah

* Should count himself very lucky if he starts, simply not been as good as Sorensen but it's early days, so lets give him more chances as he is probably (hopefully) better attacking down the left.

** Martin or Mumba

28 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He did once.. It did not really work. He mostly sticks to rarely switching to two up top when we need to score around 70 minutes in and we have two strikers on the pitch due to susb==bs

When Hugill is back, I wouldnt mind us revisting playing Pukki just behind him

.. only tried it once but we need as many goals as we can pn the pitch as our output from midfield or other areas isnt great

12 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not sure why so many are starting with Onel, I’d have thought it more likely we’ll see Emi, Dowell/Kenny  and Todd across the ‘3’.

...because he's our best winger??!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...because he's our best winger??!

As shown this season by what, exactly? Placheta is better but the fact is neither have set the world alight.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Precisely - and has shown little form from what we’ve seen since he came back.  IMO he’s not a starter, but one to come off the bench.  Pretty simple, really, you want your best, on form, XI to start, and he’s not in it.

Edited by Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Precisely - and has shown little form from what we’ve seen since he came back.  IMO he’s not a starter, but one to come off the bench.  Pretty simple, really, you want your best, on form, XI to start, and he’s not in it.

Farke has said , in his press conference only this afternoon that Hernandez is just now ready to be considered a starter after injury.

He's better than Placheta...Placheta is just too erratic,and raw and unreliable. Thats not whats needed right now.

...Placheta is the better bet to come off the bench vs tired legs

We really need more goal threat, and take the pressure off Pukki. I really like the idea of:

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen/Giannoulis*
Skipp McLean
Buendia  Idah, Cantwell
Pukki

but Farke rarely changes, and over saticks with his players hoping they'll suddenly come good so expect

Krul
Aarons Hanley Gibson Sorensen
Skipp Rupp
Buendia Mclean Cantwell
Pukki

I just find this midfield too defensive, and as we;ve been lacking goals (we've been scraping wins by a single goal all season) we need more fire power. Idah and Pukki together doesn't need such intricate passing, and Idah will be more direct (& likely be more of a handful than Mclean) 

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Farke has said , in his press conference only this afternoon that Hernandez is just now ready to be considered a starter after injury.

He's better than Placheta...Placheta is just too erratic,and raw and unreliable. Thats not whats needed right now.

...Placheta is the better bet to come off the bench vs tired legs

Well there you go - for me Onel isn’t in our best starting XI for tomorrow (or indeed whenever), my point was that neither he nor Placheta would start in my team, but he apparently would be in yours. 
C’est la vie.  

I can’t take anyone seriously who honestly thinks Placheta is a better winger than Hernandez. Despite having all the pace in the world, he never uses it to go forward. He’s like the winger version of Fotheringham!

Also, when last at this level, Hernandez got  9 goals and 9 assists I believe. Placheta has 1 and 1 so far.

PS I’m not writing Placheta off and I expect him to come good but currently, he’s way off Hernandez IMO.

Would really like to see Cantwell, Buendia and Idah. We really need a physical threat, we are too easily knocked off the ball

As mentioned by some earlier, I think there’s a strong argument to see if Idah can be this seasons Steipi.

Play him behind Pukki at no 10 to be a physical presence and a nuisance to defenders. This should leave Pukki far less  isolated and also create space for him as Idah will draw in defenders. We’d also regularly have more than one person in the box (for a change) and much more of a goal threat.