Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

The could-have-been Legends!

There are various players in the history of Norwich that could have been great. This post is just to get an idea of who posters think could have been great but just aren''t for some reason. Anyway my vote goes to Zema Abbey. He seems like he had real potential until he got injured. He now plays for Forest Green I think. Also these one person i remember having a trail with us before going to someone else (and it''s not beckham, he would have done an ashton). The person is Jimmy Bullard. He has a trail in 2001 with us, he could been great! Anyway what do you guys think?

nice post tommo.  i think efan ekoko was potentially one of the great centre forwards for city.  bought by walker from bournemouth, he had pace to burn and also plenty of skill, he was developing nicely and scored a great volley against some dutch outfit in the uefa cup, arnham wasn''t it, shortly before he received a nasty knee injury.  the injury did him, described at the time as the sort of impact damage you''d find commonly in a road traffic accident, imo he was never the same player after, and was eventually sold.

Giallanza definately.

How about NW, if he had kept us up last year and signed some good players in the summer he would be a legend. Unfortunately at the moment he is a laughing stock.

I did think about Guliano Giallanza (You know who I mean). Also I remembered earlier that Simon Davies was in the youth system here (Ex Spurs, Everton and Wales Midfielder) Just what we need now!

I always thought that Henrick Mortenson could have been an legend - I only saw him play once for about 10 minutes against sheeield unitedI think - but he scored and was a constant threat - again we were robbed of a legend by injury!

[quote user="Tom Blazak"]Marc Libbra. had a wonderful touch and could finish but just did nothing apart from the 19sec wonder goal against man city.[/quote]also scored against wolves didn''t he?  before worthy slagged him for doing too many tricks during the game, rather than praising his flair.  good job fergie didn''t do this with cantona

Libbra had his chance, and isn''t a legend due to his being rubbish at football.

I always like Jean Yves De Blassis but he was way to foreign for Nigel''s liking.

[quote user="Tom Blazak"]Marc Libbra. had a wonderful touch and could finish but just did nothing apart from the 19sec wonder goal against man city.
[/quote]

lol! Marc Libbra was shocking! We used to have bets in the Barclay as to how many seconds it would take for him to be caught offside!

David Beckham and Darren Gough (cricketer)

I remember reading that the england skipper was on the verge of coming to norwich before united came calling.

And did you know Darren gough was about too join us, before Yorkshire CC stepped in and ended his footballing carear.