Darth Vadis

Next Five Fixtures

Stoke

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

Anything less than 13 points I would consider a failure. Need to get as many points as possible on the board with these fixtures, especially as the game after these 5 is against Brentford.

Edited by Darth Vadis

Well, yes we would need to win them all to stand a great chance at promotion that's pretty obvious.

Don't see why less than 13 would be bad, I see 11 as a good result.

Stoke- Draw

Cov- Win

Rotherham- Win

Birmingham- Draw

Wycombe- Win

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, yes we would need to win them all to stand a great chance at promotion that's pretty obvious.

Erm, yes ?

Don't see why less than 13 would be bad, I see 11 as a good result.

I only say 13 as 4 of those 5 are in the bottom 6. I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't beat them... If not to rid any notion of a "blip".

To win the league we will have to at least match Brentford over the next 5 games, then not lose to them on 3/3.

Edited by Capt. Pants

13 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

If we want promotion then all 5 games need to be won. They are all very winnable games

If they are all winnable why am I nervous and ****ting bricks over them?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

24 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If they are all winnable why am I nervous and ****ting bricks over them?

Do you really want answers to that question?!

In reality we just need to keep up a two point per game average. There is no chance that 92 points will not see us promoted. Win on Saturday and we are back on track.

It will be interesting to see how we fair against that bunch when they all copy Warnock's trick.

If we can get back to fizzing the ball about quicker and getting some goals out of Pukki's boots then we could win all 5.

Buendia will help!

9 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Stoke

Coventry

Rotherham

Birmingham

Wycombe

Anything less than 13 points I would consider a failure. Need to get as many points as possible on the board with these fixtures, especially as the game after these 5 is against Brentford.

To keep to 2pts a game , we need 10 points. An auto promotion team has to get that against this opposition. . A win against Stoke would be a good start! 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Our defence will be our strong point.

Injuries, parked busses, close marking and a certain loss of sharpness and direction have all combined to make our attack less fearsome. If that gels a bit better then we could sneak the points.

The midfield, both defensive and in support of the forwards really requires settling upon the right combination rather than the right players.

We hardly ever seem convincing these days, whilst playing well and dominating. It's becoming "same old" too often.

I still contend that the failure to sign a.n. other striker in the window (whether it be in the Rhodes or Gayle style, or even in the Clarke-Harris (Posh) style) may cost us. There is no reason why Pukki should not drop back from the sharp end on occasions. His work rate and awareness equals that of the great Phil Boyer.

In the meantime much now depends upon Hugill living up to recent promise (when fit) or Idah beginning to bomb.

I thought Bali Mumba was a revelation after his now distant cameo. Maybe he'll add some variety, if used. Young Martin also had moments of quality, so all is not lost as the season's toil takes its toll on those around us.

My glass remains pretty full. I am not ready to drown my sorrows just yet.

Edited by BroadstairsR

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No excuses not to be in the top 2 after those fixtures. I’m going for 11 points. 

While 15 points in the next five fixtures would be handy I think 11 is maybe more realistic.

We had four wins and a draw in the first fixtures, all the wins being by one goal and most of the performances were less than impressive. But the results are what we need right now. A spawny 1-0 against Stoke will do for starters.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Our defence will be our strong point.

Injuries, parked busses, close marking and a certain loss of sharpness and direction have all combined to make our attack less fearsome. If that gels a bit better then we could sneak the points.

The midfield, both defensive and in support of the forwards really requires settling upon the right combination rather than the right players.

We hardly ever seem convincing these days, whilst playing well and dominating. It's becoming "same old" too often.

I still contend that the failure to sign a.n. other striker in the window (whether it be in the Rhodes or Gayle style, or even in the Clarke-Harris (Posh) style) may cost us. There is no reason why Pukki should not drop back from the sharp end on occasions. His work rate and awareness equals that of the great Phil Boyer.

In the meantime much now depends upon Hugill living up to recent promise (when fit) or Idah beginning to bomb.

I thought Bali Mumba was a revelation after his now distant cameo. Maybe he'll add some variety, if used. Young Martin also had moments of quality, so all is not lost as the season's toil takes its toll on those around us.

My glass remains pretty full. I am not ready to drown my sorrows just yet.

To be fair Mumba had a serious injury that he's only just come back from (And if rumours are to be bealived he's still not fully recovered) and he has only just turned 19 years old. Lots of time left for him.. And he is always going to be second fiddle to Max.

I still rate him and think he has a big future ahead of him.

13 hours ago, Robert Barnes said:

If we want promotion then all 5 games need to be won. They are all very winnable games

That's not true. As correctly pointed out by sgncfc, a 2 point per game average over the season will see us promoted. I would like more than 10 points out of these five games to take the heat off in the harder games, but to state they need to be won for promotion is sensationalist nonsense.

I didn't read it as a precise statement because obviously it would then suggest that our opponents won't slip up this season. They will, of course.

What we need to do is pile up as many points as is possible from "winnable games" as it now seems, to me at least, that it is becoming a three-horse race for the two automatic places, and a tight one at that. 

That these can be seen as winnable games can be disputed, but I should imagine that the supporters of both Brentford and Swansea would fancy more than the eleven points toll that many seem to be happy to settle with.

We seem to have suddenly assumed a collective inferior complex with regards these two teams, perhaps with good cause. Five straight wins, however unlikely, will knock that for six and do wonders for confidence and the run-in.

I would still bank upon the 'loser' of the three to succeed in the play-offs though, as much of a lottery that they are considered to be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I didn't read it as a precise statement because obviously it would then suggest that our opponents won't slip up this season. They will, of course.

What we need to do is pile up as many points as is possible from "winnable games" as it now seems, to me at least, that it is becoming a three-horse race for the two automatic places, and a tight one at that. 

That these can be seen as winnable games can be disputed, but I should imagine that the supporters of both Brentford and Swansea would fancy more than the eleven points toll that many seem to be happy to settle with.

We seem to have suddenly assumed a collective inferior complex with regards these two teams, perhaps with good cause. Five straight wins, however unlikely, will knock that for six and do wonders for confidence and the run-in.

I would still bank upon the 'loser' of the three to succeed in the play-offs though, as much of a lottery that they are considered to be.

Of course they will slip up- It's honesty insane that Brentford have gone 20 in a row unbeaten, and that has to end at somepoint.

Not hedging my bets on them going rest of season unbeaten however.

Given the amount of points we've dropped in the last 3 games I think we should be targeting a minimum of 13 points. Playing 4 of the bottom 6 and a Stoke side who have only won 1 of their last 14 games. We're more than capable of getting 15 points, 13 would be ok, 11 is the absolute bare minimum. Less than that and I'll be disappointed.

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Of course they will slip up- It's honesty insane that Brentford have gone 20 in a row unbeaten, and that has to end at somepoint.

Not hedging my bets on them going rest of season unbeaten however.

Unbeaten until along come Norwich?