Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Reading v Bees

6 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...he didnt take them

Thete were a few things he could have done to teplace Burndia, Placheta was well down that list.

I could understand picking him for one of the games, but both?...particularly after it hadnt worked in the first game..not for me

It's why i said it was a big if.

And again, it wasn't just him that didn't take chances.

You are just singling out Placheta which is unfair and using him as a stick to beat Farke with.

He has shown signs of promise for a lad that has never played English football before this season so he needs time on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, lharman7 said:

It's why i said it was a big if.

And again, it wasn't just him that didn't take chances.

You are just singling out Placheta which is unfair and using him as a stick to beat Farke with.

He has shown signs of promise for a lad that has never played English football before this season so he needs time on the pitch.

It's worth noting that when Placheta plays it isn't just a coincidence that a lot of the chances fall to him. He's a nuisance and his pace worries defenders.

His finishing has been poor which has obviously cost us but like you say that applies to the entire team right now, not just him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Watching the game last night it struck me how much less inhibited both teams were. We look constipated by comparison.

When things went wrong they both seemed to be able to improvise their way out of a bad situation. If we make a mistake it seems to inevitably lead to a goal.

It makes us more fragile. We need to add some flair to our discipline. Easy to say, difficult to do, & requires a renewal of self confidence.

Over to you, Daniel.

Do you think that could be related to the pressure of being top of the table and constantly having to fend off the chasing pack? Will be interesting to see if Brentford and Swansea start feeling the pressure a bit more now they are both in the driving seat.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Do you think that could be related to the pressure of being top of the table and constantly having to fend off the chasing pack? Will be interesting to see if Brentford and Swansea start feeling the pressure a bit more now they are both in the driving seat.

I don't think it was necessarily down to pressure, possibly just taking the foot off the pedal a little and a loss of focus?

It was always going to be a tough ask staying top all the way from November til May.

Hopefully Farke gave them all a bit of a kick up the backside this week and is getting them focused for Stoke. Brentford going top may just turn out to have been a good thing in the long run.

3 hours ago, Ian said:

I reckon it's the way that other teams are firstly concerned with stopping us at all costs, home or away. Reading certainly didn't do that to Brentford last night, perhaps because they thought their only chance was to outscore them.

I doubt that'll change though. So long as other teams can see a way to stifle us that is what they''ll do.& hope to score on the break (or wait for a mistake!).

We're just going to have to find a way. However the fact we're not top dog may just make us a bit less constricted & other teams a bit less circumspect.

So I suppose I'm saying yes, & I'm hoping you're right!

On 10/02/2021 at 21:42, cambridgeshire canary said:

Brentford deserve to go up as Champions. Simple as that.

Better than us right now for certain, would thrash us if we played them next. Remind me of us two seasons ago, shows what confidence and form can do..

Meanwhile our squad has neither form nor confidence

oh dear

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bill said:

oh dear

They still deserve to go up. Over 20 matches unbeaten is insane. They are a top team.

I stand by that. As for my comment about us lacking form and looking out of it.. I was right at the time,I am wrong now however.

I have no issues admiting that.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

They still deserve to go up. Over 20 matches unbeaten is insane. They are a top team.

I stand by that. As for my comment about us lacking form and looking out of it.. I was right at the time,I am wrong now however.

Can’t we wait until all 46 league games have been played before deciding who does and doesn’t ‘deserve’ to go up?  I think it’s kind-of what the league table is for....

• Like 3

On 11/02/2021 at 13:02, hogesar said:

We've changed formation / shape 3 or 4 times in a single game. It's just a lot of people don't even notice it (and then have the nerve to openly criticise).

I know - it's truly hilarious how clueless some of our fans are. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t we wait until all 46 league games have been played before deciding who does and doesn’t ‘deserve’ to go up?  I think it’s kind-of what the league table is for....

That would stop the sensationalist bullsh*t flip flopping from one side to the other than many appear to enjoy so very, very much.

Edited by All the Germans

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So let's just say in theory, Brentford end the season poorly and drop out of the top 4, are they more deserving that the 4 teams above them, on the strength of an exceptional half a season?

I have no problem with people pointing out how well Brentford have played to date, because they have been generally exceptional. However, suggesting they "deserve" to go up because they came close last season and have done well in the first 60% of this season is just nonsense.

If they finish top two and/or win the playoffs then they deserve to go up. Simple as that for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

That went well Yellowhammer 🙃

Yeah but he said Brentford not Beloved Brentford which is another club altogether.

13 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Yeah but he said Brentford not Beloved Brentford which is another club altogether.

Oh.

They change the name after they lose?

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What?! How can a team deserve to go up half way through a season. We don't deserve to go up yet and we are above them. So they certainly don't.

Absolute nonsense.

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I know - it's truly hilarious how clueless some of our fans are. 

Thing is you can forgive people who may not pay much attention to that stuff - what is less forgivable is people who are clueless to it using the same things to criticise the club or management with. Its a little cringe.

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Thing is you can forgive people who may not pay much attention to that stuff - what is less forgivable is people who are clueless to it using the same things to criticise the club or management with. Its a little cringe.

I know - I wonder how hard it is for people to see that Max Aarons is playing on the left when he usually plays on the right or that Jacob Sorensen is now playing on the right of a 3 man defence when earlier in the same game he was playing as left back or that Oliver Skipp is playing as left wing back when he normally plays in central midfield. 

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Oh.

They change the name after they lose?

I think the vast majority have always known them as Brentford but at some point a couple of weeks ago somebody on here reckoned they were Beloved Brentford.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I think the vast majority have always known them as Brentford but at some point a couple of weeks ago somebody on here reckoned they were Beloved Brentford.

Do you always react so negatively  to an injection of humour.? 

Snark snark.

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Do you always react so negatively  to an injection of humour.? 

Snark snark.

The joke is between me and Nutty and i am sure he get's it whereas.......

Now what about beloved Toney? Should we swap him for Pukki? Would it be worth giving beloved Brentford Pukki and some cash to get him?

Maybe then we'd get above them for 4 days...

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

The joke is between me and Nutty and i am sure he get's it whereas.......

Whereas what ..... ? Are you  assuming I dont.?...silly  Billy.