Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Reading v Bees

Brentford have been in excellent form and fully deserve to be there. We've played trash for 4 games in a row which is inexcusable, and have generally struggled for goals all season. Hopefully this will give the squad a kick up the bum, it's still all to play for, we've just got to get ticking again.

Agree on the comments about Toney, best striker in the league by a long shot at the moment

• Like 1

7pts ahead of both Reading and Watford in 4th and 5th

...if its a fight between 2 from 3 for the top 2 positions , then bring it on

...if we cant finish above one of brentford or swansea then we dont deserve promition (automatically) as we'd have had all the advantages over thise 2 clubs

We dropped down to 2nd at pretty much the exact same time last time we went up, following a similar blip.  Out of the next 7 matches, 6 are very winnable and the other is Brentford. I’m not panicking yet.

Just now, AJ said:

Brentford have been in excellent form and fully deserve to be there. We've played trash for 4 games in a row which is inexcusable, and have generally struggled for goals all season. Hopefully this will give the squad a kick up the bum, it's still all to play for, we've just got to get ticking again.

Agree on the comments about Toney, best striker in the league by a long shot at the moment

Your spot on but some won’t like the truth on here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

7pts ahead of both Reading and Watford in 4th and 5th

...if its a fight between 2 from 3 for the top 2 positions , then bring it on

...if we cant finish above one of brentford or swansea then we dont deserve promition (automatically) as we'd have had all the advantages over thise 2 clubs

Norwich have won 1 & lost 1 against Swansea.
Drawn 1 against Brentford.
Not such a bad record so far.

Bit like us two years ago. Winning and winning big. Hats off to them. They have come back from last season's disappointing play off final defeat and are going for it.

Yes, there is no denying it. 4 games ago we looked odds on and now we have a real fight on our hands.

We have Stoke who like ourselves must be looking for an improvement after some poor results lately. But they do draw a lot so we have to get it worked out how to prevail over defensive teams.

Edited by keelansgrandad

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Bit like us two years ago. Winning and winning big. Hats off to them. They have come back from last season's disappointing play off final defeat and are going for it.

Goal scoring wise, yes.  However, Brentford's defence is stronger than ours was 2 years ago.

I ain't throwing in the towel that easily. Both Norwich and Brentford have won 16 games this season. They're above us through two draws.

If only we could get in the stadium to play our part...

15 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Jesus, we've still got 18 games to go. It's a bit early to start picking out 2 games, isn't 

...it was a response to an earlier poster who suggested its no longer in our hands....where those two games show that it is...

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

I can't disagree with any of that. They've been in great form, tonking allcomers. We just haven't been at the races for a while. I'm still hoping we are keeping ourselves ready for the run in and doing just enough to keep us in contention. I could be wrong, I have been before.

• Like 1

Brentford, not just winning but winning in style. They don't appear to have a weakness.

At the end of the day the two best teams win automatic and deserve it over the course of the season so it will be an interesting run in.

Only a month ago I was saying we own this league, how little did I expect our poor run of games. 

Has our recruitment been good enough? we are about to find out

Both ourselves and Brentford have 5 very winnable games coming up, and then we play each other 3rd March. In terms of who finishes top the next 3 weeks are pretty critical. Neither side can afford to slip up.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Both ourselves and Brentford have 5 very winnable games coming up, and then we play each other 3rd March. In terms of who finishes top the next 3 weeks are pretty critical. Neither side can afford to slip up.

Swansea's next 4 are all vs bottom half teams too....so was mentioned during their game where they were chasing man city all around the park tonight

8 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can’t see Brentford losing again this season 

That’s the spirit.

4 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Perhaps a bit of desperation here, but if fit, I would have Soto on the bench on Saturday.

Yep.

5 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

Perhaps a bit of desperation here, but if fit, I would have Soto on the bench on Saturday.

Been impressed with him in training have you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Swansea's next 4 are all vs bottom half teams too....so was mentioned during their game where they were chasing man city all around the park tonight

Oh right. They won't be easy games though for any us - there's only 6 pts separating 15th and 23rd. We approach the business end of the season!

Pukki needs to find his shooting boots, and Emi stay on the pitch.

No team deserves it more than Brentford, and most neutrals would prefer The Jack to us; time for a scrappy 1-0. 

10 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can’t see Brentford losing again this season 

21 games unbeaten. Unreal strength in depth. Canos, Ghoddos and Forrs all came of the bench tonight. I wouldn't back against it. They're absolutely buzzing right now. 

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

That’s the spirit.

Yep.

In fairness...theyre 21 games unbeaten in this league....not because theyre especially good...but more that this is an incredibly weak league this season.

If theyre not losing away to the team who were 4th in Reading, there arent a great many fixtures that you can point to.

We too are well capable of going on long unbeaten runs in this league aswell.

If nobody else can beat them, we will have to do it ourselves in a few weeks time

• Like 1

After our last 3 league performances we do not deserve to be top. 
Not saying we will not be top again but we need to wake up to these poor performances now that the result of them has had an impact in that we are no longer top. 
It’s not panic time, its time to wake up, starting on Saturday. 

Brentford are playing well but they will have a wobble between now and the final reckoning.

It up to Farke to get a grip of the lads now and fire them up. We need to mix things up a bit. We’ve become predictable and that helps teams to counter our stile of play. 

But we have Emi back and hopefully with some tactical tweaking we can get ourselves back on track. Long way to go and you don’t just become crap over night. 

OTBC

Brentford deserve to go up as Champions. Simple as that.

Better than us right now for certain, would thrash us if we played them next. Remind me of us two seasons ago, shows what confidence and form can do..

Meanwhile our squad has neither form nor confidence

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Brentford deserve to go up as Champions. Simple as that.

Better than us right now for certain, would thrash us if we played them next. Remind me of us two seasons ago, shows what confidence and form can do..

Meanwhile our squad has neither form nor confidence

Nobody deserves to go up as champions with 18 games left in the middle of February

...if after 46 games theyre top ...then maybe

• Like 2