Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Webber Interview

Good watch / listen. Addresses some key points. I do think we'll miss him when he inevitably leaves but has done an absolutely superb job for this club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

He will have done a top job if we get promoted this season.. Anything else is a failure in my opinion. 

Edited by Kenny Foggo

3 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

He will have done a top job if we get promoted this season.. Anything else is a failure in my opinion. 

This is the problem with football fans. Success and failure is so black and white. What constitutes as a ‘good’ or ‘average’ job? You’re basically saying he’ll either have done a great job or failed! 

• Like 5

Just now, York Canary said:

This is the problem with football fans. Success and failure is so black and white. What constitutes as a ‘good’ or ‘average’ job? You’re basically saying he’ll either have done a great job or failed! 

Professional sport is about the team improving and winning...

Webber stated we would be stronger this season. Therefore, he needs to get us promoted and with £40m in transfer fees that most other championship clubs did not have plus the parachute payments, it would be a failure not to be promoted this season imo. We are in a far better place than almost all other teams we are up against. You obviously don't think that is the case and I would say that's the problem with a large part of our support... Zero ambition. Agree to disagree...

11 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Webber stated we would be stronger this season. Therefore, he needs to get us promoted and with £40m in transfer fees that most other championship clubs did not have plus the parachute payments, it would be a failure not to be promoted this season imo. We are in a far better place than almost all other teams we are up against. You obviously don't think that is the case and I would say that's the problem with a large part of our support... Zero ambition. Agree to disagree...

The thing is we're in this great position because of Webber in the first place. Regardless of this season he has left the club in a significantly better position both on and off the pitch than when he came in. If you can't see that...

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Please don’t speak for me. I was simply calling out the fact that it’s wrong to simply judge by two performances, excelling and failing. There are many variables in between. Do I think we should be promoted this season? From here on in, yes. At the beginning of the season? No. We lost two key players, we accumulated £40m in fees, had we spent that money I’d be demanding promotion. At the beginning of the season I’m sure you’d have said Webber and Farke’s would have done a good job if we reached the play offs after the horrendous end of last season and a minimal pre season. Now yours, mine and most peoples expectations have changed but it doesn’t mean we should lose sight on context of the season as a whole.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The thing is we're in this great position because of Webber in the first place. Regardless of this season he has left the club in a significantly better position both on and off the pitch than when he came in. If you can't see that...

And further back that Smith and Jones and Balls put in place a system in which a talented operator could flourish, and picked the right man for the job.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yes we are in a better place than the tipping point to disaster we were in.... This season with our resources, cash flow and squad surely you can see that anything less than apromotion would be seen as a failure....

9 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

And further back that Smith and Jones and Balls put in place a system in which a talented operator could flourish, and picked the right man for the job.

Thank God that Madison injury at Hillsborough wasn't bad too...

"Adapt or die". It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the future should we get promoted and want to stay there. But he's right.

Good interview.

19 minutes ago, York Canary said:

Please don’t speak for me. I was simply calling out the fact that it’s wrong to simply judge by two performances, excelling and failing. There are many variables in between. Do I think we should be promoted this season? From here on in, yes. At the beginning of the season? No. We lost two key players, we accumulated £40m in fees, had we spent that money I’d be demanding promotion. At the beginning of the season I’m sure you’d have said Webber and Farke’s would have done a good job if we reached the play offs after the horrendous end of last season and a minimal pre season. Now yours, mine and most peoples expectations have changed but it doesn’t mean we should lose sight on context of the season as a whole.

Yet you speak of my expectations..one rule for one... I said at the beginning of the season based on the statement from Webber, that we would be stronger this season, anything less than promotion would be a failure. In context of the effect on all clubs of this pandemic, and as a well run financial sound club, I still believe that to be true. 

Anyway, have to be careful because all post under the new code have to be "supportive of the club"... Don't want to be banned from following my club..

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Anyway, have to be careful because all post under the new code have to be "supportive of the club"... Don't want to be banned from following my club..

I guess following is technically different to supporting.

15 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Yet you speak of my expectations..one rule for one... I said at the beginning of the season based on the statement from Webber, that we would be stronger this season, anything less than promotion would be a failure. In context of the effect on all clubs of this pandemic, and as a well run financial sound club, I still believe that to be true. 

When I have the benefit of seeing your expectations in black and white before commenting, I think it’s fair for me to refer to it. You plucked mine from your imagination, quite a difference indeed. 

32 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

What on earth has Madison's injury at Hillsborough got to do with this..

Webber might have bottled it and jumped if the money from Maddison's sale was scuppered!  Possibly!?  But we'll never know as it only happened in a parallel universe.  Whatever Nutty, that money gave him the seed corn and opportunity to actively pursue his plan.

2 hours ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Ridiculous comment. A total disregard for where we were before Webber came in; after failing badly to bounce back to the prem, with a lot of dead weight in the side and a quota for slashing our wage bill and effectively resetting the entire team on a transfer budget of £0 to avoid potential financial ruin. League 1 was every bit as likely as the prem at this point!

Yes it will be disappointing if we don’t get promoted this season, and the season itself can be looked at as a failure - particularly given where we were a few weeks back. But just because his final season was not a success you cannot throw away the 3 years of steady progression under Webber which now sees us in a financially stable and competitive state with a steady stream of young and exciting players coming through. Plus all the foundations are in place to continue to do this in the future.

He leaves the club in a much better position than when he joined it; under every measurable way. Whatever happens this season that will still be true - therefore he has been a success.

You appear to have raised your bar of expectations and are now judging him on a much higher level, but you’re failing to acknowledge why the bar raised in the first place...

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Webber might have bottled it and jumped if the money from Maddison's sale was scuppered!  Possibly!?  But we'll never know as it only happened in a parallel universe.  Whatever Nutty, that money gave him the seed corn and opportunity to actively pursue his plan.

Perhaps I'm not right in the head but this stuff is beyond me.

We identified Madison. Beat other clubs to his signature. Improved him beyond expectations. Which is why he was sold for that fee. Or an injury that didn't happen...

But what about Teemu Pukki? We identified him, signed him on a free, set up a team to create chances for him and the rest is history. But of course he could have broken his leg in that tackle v WBA in August 2018....

Thank the Lord Tim Krull never died of covid-19..

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We identified Madison. Beat other clubs to his signature. Improved him beyond expectations. Which is why he was sold for that fee. Or an injury that didn't happen...

But what about Teemu Pukki? We identified him, signed him on a free, set up a team to create chances for him and the rest is history. But of course he could have broken his leg in that tackle v WBA in August 2018....

That’s got a ring to it. Can we get him into the New Year’s honours list?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:

What the **** are you talking about? What new code? Who has been banned because they are not “supportive of the club”? 🤔

23 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Be more thankful that there wasn't 970 tons of snowfall directly on carrow road, destroying the stands on the day we accidentally let our insurance expire because those responsible were at home self-isolating.

W3bbER wUd B RUBBISHHH

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

What the **** are you talking about? What new code? Who has been banned because they are not “supportive of the club”? 🤔

Ipswich fans? Because y'know, they genuinely "support" another club.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I guess following is technically different to supporting.

Over 50 years of support both in time, money and effort... You?

Seems to me that webber's primary job is to give the coach the best tools for the job within the given budget/ whilst not risking the club's future 

Do we think then that farke has done ok with excellent tools or excellently with ok tools?

Edited by Barbe bleu

1 hour ago, York Canary said:

When I have the benefit of seeing your expectations in black and white before commenting, I think it’s fair for me to refer to it. You plucked mine from your imagination, quite a difference indeed. 

No you stated my expectations had changed. You were wrong. Please be consistent. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Introduction 

Norwich City is proud of its record of being an inclusive, family-orientated football club, one where all our fans and staff feel safe, valued and respected.

We encourage our supporters to use social media in all matters relating directly to the club in a responsible and respectful way, ensuring an environment of well-mannered discussion, healthy debate and opinion.

All social media posts are likely to become a matter of public record and we urge our supporters to ‘think before you post’.

• Could my post be harmful to others?
  • Could my post cause others to fear for their safety?
  • Could my post have a detrimental impact on another’s wellbeing?
  • Could my post be perceived as abusive or discriminatory?
  • Is my post supportive of our Football Club?

You obviously don't read the official website. I agree with all of the above BUT the last point could be used to ban someone criticising the owners or board and that is not healthy.

56 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Ridiculous comment. A total disregard for where we were before Webber came in; after failing badly to bounce back to the prem, with a lot of dead weight in the side and a quota for slashing our wage bill and effectively resetting the entire team on a transfer budget of £0 to avoid potential financial ruin. League 1 was every bit as likely as the prem at this point!

Yes it will be disappointing if we don’t get promoted this season, and the season itself can be looked at as a failure - particularly given where we were a few weeks back. But just because his final season was not a success you cannot throw away the 3 years of steady progression under Webber which now sees us in a financially stable and competitive state with a steady stream of young and exciting players coming through. Plus all the foundations are in place to continue to do this in the future.

He leaves the club in a much better position than when he joined it; under every measurable way. Whatever happens this season that will still be true - therefore he has been a success.

You appear to have raised your bar of expectations and are now judging him on a much higher level, but you’re failing to acknowledge why the bar raised in the first place...

Rubbish. My expectations of the season, is promotion based on not spending the year before and Webber's own comment pre season.. not changed one bit from the beginning of the season. Webber has done a good job but we will be in a similar position if he leaves and we are in this division. I some times feel that this board is  just here to boast the owners / boards egos ... Let's have some measured debate and analysis.. ps last year was a disaster.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

Just now, Kenny Foggo said:

Rubbish. My expectations of the season, is promotion based on not spending the year before and Webber's own comment pre season.. not changed one bit from the beginning of the season. Webber has done a good job but we will be in a similar position if he leaves and we are in this division. I some times feel that this board is year just here to boast the owners / boards egos ... Let's have some measured debate and analysis.. ps last year was a disaster.

By measured debate do you mean let's have people agreeing with you? I've constantly tried to have this measured debate with you Kenny...

He has done a pretty decent job but lets not get too carried away. If we go up then he will have done a very good job indeed 2 PL seasons out of 4, if not then 3 championship seasons in 4 and a PL season the worst that we have ever had would  be an ok performance but not much more

• Like 1