Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

team against brighton

we shouldn''t be leaving our contractless and top scorer on the bench.  rather as beardsley used to tee up cole at newcastle, we should play wly in the hole behind.  he knows how to put the the right kind of ball through for earnie to run onto too.  playing throne alongside, only serves to encourage hoofs upfield which does us no good at all.

green

flem                                       doc                           rehman                     drury             johansson                             jarrett                          robbo                       hucks

wly

earnie

bench      galls,  dicko, hughes, thorne, charlton

are you some sort of idiot? playing jarret instead of safri and playing with two 4ft strikers?

im glad you''re not manager thats all i can say.....

Green

Doherty - Rehman - Shackell

Hughes                                                    Drury

|                      Safri - Robinson               |

|                         McVeigh                       |

Huckerby - Earnshaw

Subs: Ward, Fleming, Etuhu, Thorne, Johannson

To me this seems the best way of fitting the competent players into the team, whilst staying in familiar positions - ie no centre midfielders/strikers playing on wings. Therefore, due to the lack of wingers, we''ll play a system that needs no more than workhorses on each side. Hughes and Drury seem to be the fittest if not the most technically able (esp. Hughes).

It also absolves Huckerby of any defensive responsibility, which is good because he neglects any he is given. McVeigh should be able to play in the hole with two quick men up front that he can give the ball to. Johannson (sp.?) is dropped simply because he was below par in the game i watched him (Ipswich), doing little more than scoring and looking un-sharp all game. Thorne is sub-standard but could represent a different approach if neccesary.

My team is designed mainly to stop the long ball that is now abundant and is intended to facilitate all the more talented footballers, whilst steering clear of the carthorses.

My starting line up would be:                           GreenReman         Doc         Shacks         Drury  

Wly            Safri         Robbo         Hucks                   Earnie       Thorne/JohanssonSubs: Thorne/Johansson, Jarrett, Dicko, Hughes, Fleming, Ward.

Sacred may be but why not god back to the diamond?  

Green

Colin (Flem)    Doc       Rehman        Drury

Safri

Jarrett                   Robinson

WLY

Johansson    Hux

Subs  Gallagher, Flem/Hughes, Etuhu, Leon, Earnie 

WLY links the midfield players who can actually pass to the strikers who provide movement, pace and control.    Drop Earnie despite his price tag cos Hux performed better on sat and both JJ and WLY have showed better in recent matches. 

Green

Fleming      Doherty      Rehman      Drury

Safri         Etuhu           Robinsin

Huckerby (free role)

Earnshaw      Mckenzie]

I have previously slagged off mckenzie but after a long deliberation, i have decided that with his commitment, work rate and pace he would be better than the donkey that is peter thorne. He is quicker than JJ, and better in the air and so should be given a chance.

I think huckerby should be given a free role (mcveigh could also play there), so that he can get on the ball and cause havoc. With 3 midfielders we dont need him to defend as much.  The problem with mcveigh is that we have earnshaw up front and i dont think we can play mcveigh with him. he doesnt like playing wide and in my opinion i would rather have huckerby than mcveigh.

Green

Fleming  Doherty  Rehman  Drury

Johansson Safri  Robinson  Huckerby

Mcveigh

Earnshaw

subs-Gallagher, Colin, Hughes, Mckenzie, Thorne

this will only work if the defence and midfield play on deck, mcveigh can provide the creativity which we lacked around box against Ipswich and Hull

I think that CM''s team looks like the one I would go for - ie LGT''s but with Safri instead of Jarrett. And with this formation we would SIMPLY HAVE TO play it on the ground to feet. Or you would think so anyway.   

Green

Rehman         Doherty         Shackall         Drury   

Johansson         Safri        Robinson        Hucks

Earnie              McVeigh

team will be same as hull game i should think. but i''d personally have robinson instead of hughes, mcveigh on the right, and johansson upfront with earnshaw.