Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Hill

So why was our top scorer placed on the bench again?????

Paul McVeigh.....top scorer for the club, one of two or three players who is actually able to create chances and score goals. Left on the bench again. So why was that? Oh i know, the manager wants to try something new i.e. goodbye Paul. I''m going to try these tactics for future games when you won''t be playing. The game goes pear shaped, 1 nil down. Worthless thinks, I suppose i''ll have to put McVeigh on to save my ass again!! Where is the logic. Maybe we could have been one up at half time if he had played him.

[quote user="Johnny Hill"]Paul McVeigh.....top scorer for the club, one of two or three players who is actually able to create chances and score goals. Left on the bench again. So why was that? Oh i know, the manager wants to try something new i.e. goodbye Paul. I''m going to try these tactics for future games when you won''t be playing. The game goes pear shaped, 1 nil down. Worthless thinks, I suppose i''ll have to put McVeigh on to save my ass again!! Where is the logic. Maybe we could have been one up at half time if he had played him.[/quote]So would you have played him in place of Eanshaw , because how worthy has planned his selection that is the only place he could play as he is next to useless played on the wing and wothy does not like playing two midget strikers together.

i know its a risk but why not play mcveigh alongside Earnshaw. It works for England Rooney and Owen, the only way it wouldn''t work is if we play direct but if safri and robinson play together alongside mcveigh we could play on the deck

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]i know its a risk but why not play mcveigh alongside Earnshaw. It works for England Rooney and Owen, the only way it wouldn''t work is if we play direct but if safri and robinson play together alongside mcveigh we could play on the deck[/quote]

We''re not England & it wouldn''t work! Rooney & Owen have great players around them to make the killer passes, we unfortunately, don''t!

Worthless doesn''t have a clue. He shows it week in, week out. The fact that Macca was dropped is an utter disgrace, he''s been our best player by far this season. He wipes the floor with Huckerby, who has been quite frankly apalling. If Worthless doesn''t offer him a new contract, I''ll be going down to the training ground and finding out why. Macca should be playing every week, no question, it''s Huckerby that should be dropped, not McVeigh.

Quite right chris m - unless we change our playing style buying earnshaw was a waste;  if we can learn to /be coached to change to a passing game playing him in behind defenders then he could prove to be a bargain.

In our current style we may as well let WLY start in eanies place;  WLY can at least play his partner in which is not earnies strength.

WLY to start tomorrow.  

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]I dunno about next to useless on the wing - he has done a decent job there in the past.[/quote]Paul how often do you watch Norwich , WLY best postion is either striker or playing behind the front two ,when he plays on the flank he is ineffective and drifts out of games i challenge anyone to tell me different ,but as this site is full of WLY fanatics i guess i will be shot down in flames .

We love you Paul McVeigh and if it''s quite alright

We love you Paul McVeigh despite your lack of height

We love you Paul McVeigh ...... CROSS THE BALL AND WE SCORE.

Next to useless on the wing? What a load of horse-poo.

[quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]So if he was so great on the wing why does he not play there on a consistent basis, and WHY has no club ever come in for him when on the transfer market i,m guessing he has been watched and clubs have all come to the same conclusion GOOD IN PATCHES .

[quote user="barclayendboy"]

So if he was so great on the wing why does he not play there on a consistent basis, and WHY has no club ever come in for him when on the transfer market i,m guessing he has been watched and clubs have all come to the same conclusion GOOD IN PATCHES .
[/quote]

Has anyplayer been on theright flank on aconsistent basis???  At the end of the dayWLY has been OK onthe flank but his optimum position is as a striker or behind the front two.   Give me WLY there ahead of Hughes ayday.   

That is an easy one to answer NW does not like WLY - The sooner we have a manager that realises it is what a player does in a match rather than in training the better.

Was he good in patches in 2001/2002? No - his introduction for the injured Llewellyn shaped our season and he sparked us into life on many occassions.

How about the 2002/2003 season? Again no, 15 goals mainly from the wing was pretty damn good.

How about the beginning of 03/04 season? No, once more he was our best player by far.

But then he had to make way for all the loanees, and we have NEVER seen him get a good run of games until ........... you guessed it! Now.

And funnily enough, he''s playing really well again. Hmmm, I wonder why ..... could it be that he''s actually playing.

Macca is treated like absolute sh*te by Worthy!

Even when Wet Ham bought Deano for £7, he still didn''t walk straight into the team because the other strikers had been scoring - he had to prove himself first! I''ve only seen Earnie against Ipswich, along with most of us, and even the best of us have only seen him in a City shirt twice!

He does have the problem that he''s built the team to accomodate a big guy, little guy strike force, but whose fault is that? And who failed to replace the "big guy" during the transfer window and instead brought in two "little guys" (Johansson ain''t little, but he''s not a classic Centre Forward in the Ashton mould) - one of whom is now playing Right Wing, another position Worthy has failed, consistently, to cover with anything other than a quick fix, and one where he could have saved his money because Macca could have filled that position, as he has done in the past to good effect (yes, to good effect - Norwich fans have short memories).

And why do we have to rely on that combination? Because we have a midfield that struggles to pass the ball two feet in front of them, Safri aside.  

And who constructed that midfield? Take a bow, Nige!

So we''re left to rely on long balls from defence to the "big guy", who then must attempt to lay it off, which is only a good tactic if you''ve got the right player for it which, sadly, Thorne isn''t.  And if Thorne gets injured again, Worthy will have to rely on two little chaps because the squad is too thing because - dun dun duh - Worthy didn''t replace the players we lost! 

How much is everyone missing Matty Svensson about now.......

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Mook"]

[/quote]

So if he was so great on the wing why does he not play there on a consistent basis, and WHY has no club ever come in for him when on the transfer market i,m guessing he has been watched and clubs have all come to the same conclusion GOOD IN PATCHES .
[/quote]

better to have a player who is good in patches than loads who are not good at all..... etuhu, hughes, jarrett, henderson etc etc etc  anyway what patches - you mean the times he gets picked

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]I dunno about next to useless on the wing - he has done a decent job there in the past.[/quote]

Paul how often do you watch Norwich , WLY best postion is either striker or playing behind the front two ,when he plays on the flank he is ineffective and drifts out of games i challenge anyone to tell me different ,but as this site is full of WLY fanatics i guess i will be shot down in flames .
[/quote]

i am a season ticket holder!!!  and you are a fool...  in our play off season he played left wing for a large part hence the song you......  cross the ball and we score...

christ

such short memories - do you not remember him cutting inside and shooting??  obviously not.....  or going on the ouitside on occasion and putting in a surprisingly good left footed cross???

until we signed hucks and co he was our best player during the start of the promotion season.

You no when he really drifts out of games???  No????  when worthy starts playing long ball.....  hence why erny has barely had a touch in his 2 games.....

Barclayendboy, I am sure that when Paul McVeigh had his best season scoring about 17 goals, most of these came when he was playing on the left wing, and quite a number of Roberts'' goals came from McVeigh crosses/passes.