Sign in to follow this  
Canary dwarf

Sorenson should be cdm forever

This guy has too play in his proper position , yeah he's  done great at left back , but he needs too play in proper position alongside either Skipp or Kenny 

8 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'm sure he eventually will...but he's not as good as Skipp...nor would you want to play him alongside him.

We need one of the two midfielders to be able to get forward

I don't get this, what's the thought process behind not wanting Skipp and Sorenson to play together?

I think Sorensen can play further up too, he's definitely shown he has attacking intent, can pick a pass and have even scored for us. I see no reason why the two can't play together, and think they eventually will once Dimi has cemented himself at LB, will be interesting to see who starts there next time out

I think he will be great in his natural position. He has a long range shot on him too. He has proven he is good going forward and we haven't really seen him going forward through the middle. I reckon he will be excellent. 

Since Mclean struggled Friday he might get an opportunity but we still don't know how attacking he can be in that position.

37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Since Mclean struggled Friday he might get an opportunity but we still don't know how attacking he can be in that position.

Where was Kenny playing? He seemed to be very deep most of the time.

2 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I think that was part of our issue on Friday. At one point the commentator mentioned that Rupp was playing in the number 10 position and not McClean which seemed very odd.

We need more presence up front to keep the opponents defence under pressure. I'd be telling McClean (or Dowell) that they need to be constantly pushing forward and the responsibility in the middle lies with Skipp and Rupp or Sorenson.

I would certainly be tempted to try Sorenson in the middle as we need to do something different and he might just bring the energy and spark we are crying out for at the moment.

6 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

Yeah agreed, he does a good job of covering the space left by our fullbacks etc but I think (not sure) he switched with Rupp for that 10 position a couple of times throughout.

Maybe he can get forward from a CM position, but is he going to be our best CM option for getting goals considering we haven't scored in 4 matches?

18 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Maybe he can get forward from a CM position, but is he going to be our best CM option for getting goals considering we haven't scored in 4 matches?

That's 4 matches with no Sorensen in CM 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

It’s daft we have two fit left backs and a midfielder plays there!

It's not really when the midfielder is putting in solid/impressive performances!

I thought Rupp was excellent up until the point he got injured and it had a really positive impact on overall team performances. We need him back to those levels and the conundrum of who plays alongside Skipp will go away.

4 hours ago, Move Klose said:

Skipp can definitely play higher up tho, has all the attributes for that.

Definitely don't agree.  He gets nosebleeds any higher up the pitch than 35 yards out.

• Haha 1

It's amusing and worrying in equal measure. 

You're wanting a long term partnership between 

1) A young player who hasn't played in that position. 

and 

2) A loan player who will be gone in a matter of weeks. 

16 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

This guy has too play in his proper position , yeah he's  done great at left back , but he needs too play in proper position alongside either Skipp or Kenny 

Whilst there will become a time for Sorenson to be a starter, at the moment Skipp is ahead of him for me. If he needs resting then Sorenson can provide cover.

Im not going to be one of those people who think our squad needs radical changes due to losing a bit of a cutting edge of late. We persevere with the team which got us into pole position, with supporting players coming back from injury providing any (hopefully) possible sparks when the team looks flat. I am awaiting for Hernadez and Dowell to step up.

3 hours ago, jaberry2 said:

Whilst there will become a time for Sorenson to be a starter, at the moment Skipp is ahead of him for me. If he needs resting then Sorenson can provide cover.

Im not going to be one of those people who think our squad needs radical changes due to losing a bit of a cutting edge of late. We persevere with the team which got us into pole position, with supporting players coming back from injury providing any (hopefully) possible sparks when the team looks flat. I am awaiting for Hernadez and Dowell to step up.

I'd love to see the old Hernandez back but not been impressed by him lately, as for dowell will just have to wait and see , farke obviously rates him highly.

13 hours ago, Canary dwarf said:

I'd love to see the old Hernandez back but not been impressed by him lately, as for dowell will just have to wait and see , farke obviously rates him highly.

Both very good players. Dowell has looked exceptionally rusty. We have probably rushed them back a but due to the team struggling a bit of late, but both will come good. 

18 hours ago, Number9 said:

It's amusing and worrying in equal measure. 

You're wanting a long term partnership between 

1) A young player who hasn't played in that position. 

and 

2) A loan player who will be gone in a matter of weeks. 

Don’t see any mention of long term partnership

its his favoured position

just possible if we get promoted that Skipp May choose to stay with us

24 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

Don’t see any mention of long term partnership

its his favoured position

just possible if we get promoted that Skipp May choose to stay with us

It may be his favoured position but Farke has decided not to play him there.

Skipp will go where he's told to go by Tottenham. It's unlikely to be here.

23 hours ago, hogesar said:

Yeah agreed, he does a good job of covering the space left by our fullbacks etc but I think (not sure) he switched with Rupp for that 10 position a couple of times throughout.

He done a good job of assisting the 2nd swans goal sadly. I think McLean is alright but tries too hard to impress. 

Our number 10 doesn’t appear to be working so I’d love to see a fluid number 10 by playing Skipp, Sorensen and McClean as three CM all covering the midfield and pushing on when in attack flooding the box.

Controversial I know, but I think it's time to try Sorensen with Rupp/Maclean and leave Skipp on the bench. I don't think he's been anywhere near as effective in the last few games, despite the love in everyone seems to have for him. He's a young player and his form will vary and he needs a rest. 

This is a strange one. I like him he has done very well but his games have been out of position at LB. It does not automatically mean he would be far better in his more natural midfield position. He may be but we have not seen him i rate Skipp too but it may be worth giving him the odd rest and trying Sorensonn