Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Mike Dean yet again being Mike Dean

This VAR is all a load of b*llocks but also how can the ref stand and watch that so many times and think that's a red card? Unbelievable.

Where does the blame lie here? Is it the Mike Dean show again or has the incompetent Lee Mason said on VAR it's a red and so to not make Mason look like a complete tool Mike Dean has backed him up? Either way I have no doubt the red card will be overturned

Edited by Don’t be Krul

We are told to automatically and implicitly respect the referees and then they do this. He’s one of if not the top football referee in the country. How has it come to this?

Watching the 6 nations last night and it really is chalk and cheese. They deserve the utmost respect in the way they ref and control a game way more complex than football with openness and honesty.it’s always great to see.

• Like 1

The worst thing is when VAR think it's a red, send the ref over to see the monitor and he then thinks a red. Then 2 days later the fa over turn it.

Surely the point in VAR is to stop people being wrongly being sent off. If that's happening then I'm sure VAR isnt doing the job it's there for.

Mike Dean is up there as one of the worst now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Van wink said:

The player went down like a sack of spuds, yet the whole focus is on a Mike Dean.

I thought the same thing . Mitrovic goes down holding his face in the sort of agony that would see most of us in ICU for a fortnight , and it doesn’t get any kind of mention. Week In and week out we see it .

when Emi got his red against Burnley it was no different . 

Football accepts this nonsense as part of the game . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I thought the same thing . Mitrovic goes down holding his face in the sort of agony that would see most of us in ICU for a fortnight , and it doesn’t get any kind of mention. Week In and week out we see it .

when Emi got his red against Burnley it was no different . 

Football accepts this nonsense as part of the game . 

Apparently Mitrovic said something to Dean along the lines of not sending Soucek off. Trying to cover up his embarrassing and pathetic actions

• Like 1

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Apparently Mitrovic said something to Dean along the lines of not sending Soucek off. Trying to cover up his embarrassing and pathetic actions

Beyond ludicrous isn’t it? They are hard wired now to throw themselves on the floor screaming in agony , and he then thinks “hang on , I looked a bit of a kn0b there “ . 

Not one mention of it by the pundits . 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Beyond ludicrous isn’t it? They are hard wired now to throw themselves on the floor screaming in agony , and he then thinks “hang on , I looked a bit of a kn0b there “ . 

Not one mention of it by the pundits . 

Exactly, and fans put these 'heroes' on a pedestal and treat them with a different set of rules to other people in this World . Football can be morally bankrupt at times. Truly pathetic

• Like 1

Never mind Mike Dean what about cambridgeshire canary putting up a link to an illegal stream ? 😂

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Never mind Mike Dean what about cambridgeshire canary putting up a link to an illegal stream ? 😂

How's it an 'illegal stream'? It's just footage of the incident.. It's a video..

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

How's it an 'illegal stream'? It's just footage of the incident.. It's a video..

The clue is in the link title .

Football certainly does have a problem with overacting at the merest of touches, and unless/until players are punished for what is effectively outright cheating it’ll continue; imo it’s hard to totally blame the ref in these instances. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Is there another angle where he doesn’t make contact with Mitrovic’s face? If he has made contact no matter how slight you see reds for that all the time. Bit of a weird movement to make with his arm, especially for a such a tall fella - but Mitrovic has timed it and sold it perfectly. 

16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Are you not aware Tilly? It’s only unacceptable to share illegal streams when you-know-who shares it (wink wink nudge nudge). Everyone else is fine to do as they please, thought we all had got the memo by now!

(PS don’t worry I’ve got him on block so he can’t see this)

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Don't know what all the fuss is about. The defender's elbow is up at forehead height for no good reason and there is a connection. Has to be a red card by the book.  As for pundits calling it out....they are the same pundits that often say "he was touched so he's entitled to go down"........go figure.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Are you not aware Tilly? It’s only unacceptable to share illegal streams when you-know-who shares it (wink wink nudge nudge). Everyone else is fine to do as they please, thought we all had got the memo by now!

Most have him on block, hence the new variants 😉

Edited by Van wink

21 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The clue is in the link title .

Hmm, odd then given streamable is a video uploading site the same as Youtube and Dailymotion and not a livestreaming site.. Guess nobody is allowed to ever post any MP4 files or post a link to youtube anymore since that's a livestream it seems. Who knew?

strea.png

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

28 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He can  now 😇

• Haha 1

I am with LDC,  he raised his elbow , where did he think it would land , he knew Mitrovic was there.  Red card for me.

If you elbow someone in the face you leave the pitch. Red for me. Ref had little choice. 

There is no need for his elbow to be at that height. 

Edited by Chelm Canary
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Don't know what all the fuss is about. The defender's elbow is up at forehead height for no good reason and there is a connection. Has to be a red card by the book.  As for pundits calling it out....they are the same pundits that often say "he was touched so he's entitled to go down"........go figure.....

You're joking right.

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

I cannot imagine who you are talking about Hank but that Block facility must be getting oversubscribed by now.

7 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

You're joking right.

I think Lakeyo is highlighting the absurdity of it.....not that  Mitrovic/ ref /VAR  are correct. He does talk shoite sometimes but in this case isnt. The elbow  was  raised , Soucek can have no real complaints. Until VAR/  refs grow a pair and  actually tease out the  on pitch shenanigans it will carry on. I think Rugby is a silly game but on pitch, it's a much better  run sport, tough but fair. Was it stupid... yes. Violent?... not for me. Action likely to endanger  another player.....Yep.Mitrovic overreaction....definitely  at first. Mitrovic tried to claw back some respect by arguing it wasnt so bad...too late. 

VAR needs to be used to sort this shoite out.... not make it worse. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hmm, odd then given streamable is a video uploading site the same as Youtube and Dailymotion and not a livestreaming site.. Guess nobody is allowed to ever post any MP4 files or post a link to youtube anymore since that's a livestream it seems. Who knew?

strea.png

You obviously missed the 😂 on my original post. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

This thread is lacking in some humour, where's FF when we need him? 

He is lurking around as usual.