KiwiScot

If you thought the weekend was going to get better

Watched it, but can't say I'm particularly bothered like I would have been 10 years or so ago. Whilst I enjoy other sports, I don't have the same passion for them anymore that I do for football. Hence I can be more reasoned and accepting when the team I'm rooting for loses. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

People enjoy cricket?

Cricket is a wonderful game and highly technical.

Definitely not one for simple folk....

• Like 5

13 hours ago, lappinitup said:

Cricket is a wonderful game and highly technical.

Definitely not one for simple folk....

Yes Cricket and League are good sports as well and I got you English covered there.

image.png.2f8b2b6ccc809f9393492c1c019b1dc7.png

image.png.80e940d7db1d4474a91919966bea2563.png

Only the cricket has brightened this weekend. Scots deserve that win. It’s made me thankful to City for giving such cheer for most of this odd season. 

The Sweaties thoroughly deserved their win. The law of averages suggests it would happen one day, I think the last time the Sweaties won at Twickers was when Kajagoogoo were Number 1 in the charts, nearly as long as the last time Ippo beat Norwich😂..........

Well played Scotland. Thoroughly deserved. Who told England to kick it to Stuart Hogg all afternoon wants shooting.

Curry spent all match on the wrong side of the ruck so no wonder the penalty count was so high.

Scotland thoroughly deserved their win, but I've seen them play much better rugby than that. Tactics hey?

As for England that was one of the worst displays I've ever seen.

And don't forget, there was a Norfolk boy on the winning team as well as the losing team. And one playing for Wales today.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And don't forget, there was a Norfolk boy on the winning team as well as the losing team. And one playing for Wales today.

Don't blame the Norfolk boy kg! 😉 No one played well yesterday tbh. Scotland were functional at best, but that was enough to deservedly win that game. 

Boring facts. I played Rugby alongside Ben's father Nick and Wayne Barnes (today's Ref) has reffed a few of my teams games, when I was captain. A Great guy who loved our apres game social! Also I knew, and worked with, George North's dad (but this was way before George was even a twinkle in his Dad's eye) 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Don't blame the Norfolk boy kg! 😉 No one played well yesterday tbh. Scotland were functional at best, but that was enough to deservedly win that game. 

Boring facts. I played Rugby alongside Ben's father Nick and Wayne Barnes (today's Ref) has reffed a few of my teams games, when I was captain. A Great guy who loved our apres game social! Also I knew, and worked with, George North's dad (but this was way before George was even a twinkle in his Dad's eye) 🙂 

Don't forget Ali Price is a Kings Lynn lad as well. North Norfolk a hotbed of international and Lions rugby.

I think Barnes is pushing Owens as the best ref actually.

The Youngs must hold some sort of record. The only father and son(s) to have won matches against the All Blacks.

9 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget Ali Price is a Kings Lynn lad as well. North Norfolk a hotbed of international and Lions rugby.

I think Barnes is pushing Owens as the best ref actually.

The Youngs must hold some sort of record. The only father and son(s) to have won matches against the All Blacks.

OK, KG, so I see Price is a Norfolk-born Englishman with a Welsh name who plays for Scotland. Who is the Norfolk-born Welsh player?

Fine I see now it is North!

Edited by PurpleCanary

KG, one of the things I never understand is the penalty for failing to move away when a player is caught up on the ground - but they get penalised despite having three opposition players on top of them and it’s obviously impossible to move?

52 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

OK, KG, so I see Price is a Norfolk-born Englishman with a Welsh name who plays for Scotland. Who is the Norfolk-born Welsh player?

Fine I see now it is North!

George North

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

KG, one of the things I never understand is the penalty for failing to move away when a player is caught up on the ground - but they get penalised despite having three opposition players on top of them and it’s obviously impossible to move?

You have to make an attempt to roll away. Sometimes you cannot getout and referees understand that. Its the player who tries to con the ref that he is trapped. Nothing spoils a game more than somebody deliberately slowing the ruck down. The ruck is the quickest way to recycle the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 6 Nations is a fantastic tournament. Such a shame that Football is incapable of mirroring it. 

I would love to see the return of a Home Internationals annual tournament but fear it will never be again. 

20 minutes ago, percy varco said:

The 6 Nations is a fantastic tournament. Such a shame that Football is incapable of mirroring it. 

I would love to see the return of a Home Internationals annual tournament but fear it will never be again. 

Yes. The home internationals were good. Surely they could reintroduce it. But instead we have the stupid Nations Cup.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Don't forget Ali Price is a Kings Lynn lad as well. North Norfolk a hotbed of international and Lions rugby. It certainly can say it has contributed!

I think Barnes is pushing Owens as the best ref actually. If he gets extremely close to what Owens achieved, he can take that as being considered as one of the best

The Youngs must hold some sort of record. The only father and son(s) to have won matches against the All Blacks. Think you might be correct there, kg. Can't think of any other families, who have got that impressive stat on  their CVs.