cambridgeshire canary

What do we think Brentfords chances of finishing 1st are?

Just stick to the mantra ' ignore the noise'. 

The longer Farke and Co are in charge , the deeper the philosophy is ingrained, the more the personnel  are matched to the ethos. The stronger we become.

Edited by wcorkcanary

Brentford are a decent side and are good to watch. Unfortunately for them they were up against the better team last night.

They still have the quality for automatic promotion and strangely that defeat may help them refocus.

Congrats to the Champions Elect.  Not taking anything away from yourselves, but the game could have been far more interesting had Canos not missed the sitter, but it is what it is.  We offered very little in the second half, and our quality really plummeted at the same time Norwich kept us at arm's length with good organisation and shape.  We're gutted, obviously, but losing to Norwich was no disgrace.  As the real Thomas Frank said, Norwich is a team who could still beat us if Brentford were on their A game, and we didn't even produce our A game.

As a side note, every Norwich fan I've ever encountered face to face have been superb company.  Never forget Bees fans getting a round of applause whilst we chanted "Chase Out" back in the mid-90's at our FA Cup win at Carrow Road, and then chatting to Norwich fans about him on the train back.  All good-spirited, intelligent chat between football fans.

Best wishes and hope to see you in the Prem next season (although I suspect it'll be playoffs for us, and we all know what that means for us!)

• Like 4

I’ve been to Brentford quite a lot over the years, living in Kingston area and working with a few supporters it’s kind of local (as is Chelsea/Fulham🤮). I’d much prefer them to go up than any of the others, so hopefully they’ll re-hit form in the remaining 12 games (playing well vs the others in the top 6-7 could help us too).  
Swansea do seem to have had a fair bit of luck in their recent wins (Forest completely outplayed them, dodgy pen last night) and hopefully that won’t continue....

Edited by Branston Pickle

3 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’ve been to Brentford quite a lot over the years, living in Kingston area and working with a few supporters it’s kind of local (as is Chelsea/Fulham🤮). I’d much prefer them to go up than any of the others, so hopefully they’ll re-hit form in the remaining 12 games (playing well vs the others in the top 6-7 could help us too).  
Swansea do seem to have had a fair bit of luck in their recent wins (Forest completely outplayed them, dodgy pen last night) and hopefully that won’t continue....

To be fair it's always nice seeing a new, never before promoted to the Prem team getting a crack at the big time and of course Brentford also have their fancy new stadium too.. Just a shame about the seat colours otherwise it would be a pretty neat stadium

AFL-Architects-Brentford-Stadium-14-crop

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just a shame about the seat colours otherwise it would be a pretty neat stadium

Why CC? They’re the colours of our national flags 

🇩🇪

image.jpeg

5 hours ago, Thomas Frank said:

Congrats to the Champions Elect.  Not taking anything away from yourselves, but the game could have been far more interesting had Canos not missed the sitter, but it is what it is.  We offered very little in the second half, and our quality really plummeted at the same time Norwich kept us at arm's length with good organisation and shape.  We're gutted, obviously, but losing to Norwich was no disgrace.  As the real Thomas Frank said, Norwich is a team who could still beat us if Brentford were on their A game, and we didn't even produce our A game.

As a side note, every Norwich fan I've ever encountered face to face have been superb company.  Never forget Bees fans getting a round of applause whilst we chanted "Chase Out" back in the mid-90's at our FA Cup win at Carrow Road, and then chatting to Norwich fans about him on the train back.  All good-spirited, intelligent chat between football fans.

Best wishes and hope to see you in the Prem next season (although I suspect it'll be playoffs for us, and we all know what that means for us!)

You're a very good side that had an off night. I hope Brentford finish 2nd you deserve a promotion to the premier league. Swansea are still a threat to us both and there are plenty of points up for grabs and no games are easy. Good luck to you mate

• Like 1

Would love to see Brentford promoted to the PL. That league needs teams like us and them with the entertaining football we both play.

However,  we have seen the PL recently close up and it will be a struggle for both teams, them probably even more so than us.

Brentford have had only one spell in the top flight. They were promoted to the old First Division in the early thirties and were relegated at the end of the first season after the war, 1946/47.

5 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Brentford have had only one spell in the top flight. They were promoted to the old First Division in the early thirties and were relegated at the end of the first season after the war, 1946/47.

Hence why I said 'first time in the Prem' and not 'first time in the frst Divison' 😉

5 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I would like Brentford to go up with us (assuming  we don't implode) but I have the feeling Watford will take the other automatic place. Based on probably having deeper squad depth than the Bees and Swansea, and now being more settled on the managerial front.

Edited by PurpleCanary

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I would like Brentford to go up with us (assuming  we don't implode) but I have the feeling Watford will take the other automatic place. Based on probably having deeper squad depth than the Bees and Swansea, and now being more settled on the managerial front.

With SkyBet:

Top 2 Finish

Norwich 1/25

Brentford 11/10

Swansea 7/4

Watford 2/1

33/1 Bar

Possibility to treble your money there Purple!! The 11/10 about Brentford looks awful value to me. 

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

To be fair it's always nice seeing a new, never before promoted to the Prem team getting a crack at the big time and of course Brentford also have their fancy new stadium too.. Just a shame about the seat colours otherwise it would be a pretty neat stadium

AFL-Architects-Brentford-Stadium-14-crop

It's actually pretty clever - it makes the stadium look full, even when empty. Perhaps our friends down the road could try something similar once Uncle Sam stumps up the green. 😆

p.s. The colour difference is also less noticeable in a few years when some have to be replaced after a home win over Leeds

I see their match this weekend is off. If other results dont go their way they could get overtaken by both Swansea and Watford. Scoreboard pressure will kick in then. They could well blow it for the second season in a row.

I think Swansea are the ones to watch at the moment, they've still got 2 games in hand

On 07/02/2021 at 14:00, Yellowhammer said:

They will finish champions and Swansea second we might should get in next four if this is not the start of a bad run reminds me of Leeds crash 

I'm saving this one for later. 😘