Sign in to follow this  
NCFC198

Reality Check

The last week has certainly been a reality check. 2 points from 9 and not played well or looked like scoring in those games.

There has been a lot of talk about us having more gears to go through. Well we haven't looked like we are able to.  We've got away with a lot this season.

For what it's worth my analysis of the team:

Krul, Aarons, Gibson and Hanley = no complaints, have been defensively stronger as a whole this season. 

Left back is now a bit of an issues, sttsch or a steady option.

Defensive Midfield. Skipp is brilliant. Rupp and Kenny both done well at times. Might be time to let one have more freedom. So whoever sits next to Skipp can help the attack and try and inject some life onto it. 

Attacking Midfield. Cantwell and Buendia have to start obviously. Start in any championship teams and the only two with a genuine flair and spark. Can really change a game. Both could possibly other more goals at this level.

The no. 10 and sticker is probably the biggest issue. 

Steipermann. Ear infection and not an option given no match fitness. 

Vrancic. Better of the bench. Never seems to do as well when he starts. 

Dowell. I seriously think he will be appreciated we never see do much in a Norwich shirt. Yet to get going. No pace can't see what he offers.

Placheta. Tricky winger. No form or consistency as yet. Very frustrating. Doesn't deserve to be a starter at the mo. Josh Martin has offered more so not sure whats going on there.

Hernandez. Tricky winger category. Will he ever be the same player. No match fitness or form. Frustrating.

Pukki. Shattered and well out of form. No one to put pressure on him.

Idah. Like the lad but would you ever start him over Pukki? Can we play both with Cantwell and Buendia behind?

Manager has a lot to think about but it needs a change.

7 huge games coming up all in the space of about 20 days.

Nothing wrong with having a mid season reality check.

It strikes me though we were playing better when we had all the injuries. Now Farke has pretty much a full squad to choose from that seems to be where the problems lay. I don't think he's got his head around what to do with the midfield, especially the 'no 10' position and who to play alongside Skipp.

I'm liking the sound of a back 3 with wingbacks. It didn't work hugely well before but I think that's because it involved Zimmermann.

I think Cantwell has to play 10.  He is the only other player with an eye for goal.  

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Nothing wrong with having a mid season reality check.

It strikes me though we were playing better when we had all the injuries. Now Farke has pretty much a full squad to choose from that seems to be where the problems lay. I don't think he's got his head around what to do with the midfield, especially the 'no 10' position and who to play alongside Skipp.

I'm liking the sound of a back 3 with wingbacks. It didn't work hugely well before but I think that's because it involved Zimmermann.

I dont think we can have Zimmerman in any starting lineup 

we have been found out and exposed badly, feel sorry for our wide players who cannot sling croses in, was well impressed with Ryan Bennett yesterday, how does Hourihane always manage it against us? Farke cannot keep blaming injuries and fixture schedule, my prediction, we end up 3rd, hope not

4 hours ago, Move Klose said:

What about a 3-4-2-1

Krul

Hanley Gibson Sorensen

Aarons Skipp McLean Giannoulis 

Buendia Cantwell

Pukki

We're struggling to score goals and you're replacing a number 10 with a centre back?

5 hours ago, NCFC198 said:

The last week has certainly been a reality check. 2 points from 9 and not played well or looked like scoring in those games.

There has been a lot of talk about us having more gears to go through. Well we haven't looked like we are able to.  We've got away with a lot this season.

For what it's worth my analysis of the team:

Krul, Aarons, Gibson and Hanley = no complaints, have been defensively stronger as a whole this season. 

Left back is now a bit of an issues, sttsch or a steady option.

Defensive Midfield. Skipp is brilliant. Rupp and Kenny both done well at times. Might be time to let one have more freedom. So whoever sits next to Skipp can help the attack and try and inject some life onto it. 

Attacking Midfield. Cantwell and Buendia have to start obviously. Start in any championship teams and the only two with a genuine flair and spark. Can really change a game. Both could possibly other more goals at this level.

The no. 10 and sticker is probably the biggest issue. 

Steipermann. Ear infection and not an option given no match fitness. 

Vrancic. Better of the bench. Never seems to do as well when he starts. 

Dowell. I seriously think he will be appreciated we never see do much in a Norwich shirt. Yet to get going. No pace can't see what he offers.

Placheta. Tricky winger. No form or consistency as yet. Very frustrating. Doesn't deserve to be a starter at the mo. Josh Martin has offered more so not sure whats going on there.

Hernandez. Tricky winger category. Will he ever be the same player. No match fitness or form. Frustrating.

Pukki. Shattered and well out of form. No one to put pressure on him.

Idah. Like the lad but would you ever start him over Pukki? Can we play both with Cantwell and Buendia behind?

Manager has a lot to think about but it needs a change.

7 huge games coming up all in the space of about 20 days.

Agree with a lot of that. Just to challenge the latter points:

Placheta has had a frustrating start to life at ncfc because there is a player there, he just hasn't quite got the end product yet. Hopefully he will in time, however we need players who can deliver now that we don't have a point advantage.

Josh Martin was really poor defensively when he was given the chance. He needs to address that before he can feature again.

Hernandez - just back from injury... give him time.

Pukki - often up against a five-man defence this season... needs his teammates (Cantwell, Buendia, Dowell, Placheta etc.) to step up too.

Idah needs games. Hindsight would suggest he would have benefitted from a season on loan last year. Injury/covid hasn't helped this season.

If Argos  and Pepe can start to deliver... great   , but I wouldn't risk having two headless chickens         !( which the both currently  are) on the pitch at the same time unless absolutely  necessary.