Sign in to follow this  
mr footy

Unlucky

1 shot on target is unlucky? Uh huh. Passing the ball to the opposition allowing them to score is unlucky? Alright. Dropping the ball directly into the oppositions feet allowing them to score is unlucky? Ok then.

If anything it was poor, sloppy play. And I think that's what hurts the most about the match- Both the goals were not down to fantastic play from Swansea, both the goals were all our own making and our own fault. Had we not been so poor and sloppy on the ball would have been another 0-0, except this time it would have been a good point rather than a rather meh point as the last two have been.

Not sure id say unlucky although Krul doesn't make that mistake 99/100 times.

People have kicked off a bit about a poor performance but in reality it was just poor finishing. Swansea only had 3 shots from open play for crying out loud. One was the goal from 25 yards and one was the krul mistake. When you consider we had 11 opportunities, and created more in open play than Swansea.

Yup, that’s what I said, Hoggy - we had a lot of play and created a number of opportunities, if not quite so many clear-cut chances. The problem is that it’s getting to be a bit of a bad habit that our finishing has not been up to standard - our shots on target : total shots ratio this season has been pretty dreadful and if you don’t shoot on target it’s nigh on impossible to score!.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

Our performances against the better sides (top 6) this season isn't great. 

We've lost away to Bournemouth, Watford and Swansea. We we're very fortunate to take a point against Brentford with a hugely deflected goal. We beat Reading away, but they were without several first team players including the two key forwards (I appreciate we've had our own adversity through injuries, but we had a strong side against them). Also beat Swansea at home, but that really could have gone either way and it was a late goal to win. 

Our record is W2-D1-L3, not horrendous. Particularly with more games played away. But it's the performances against them which have been a worry. Plus we tend to play better away! With the gulf in quality between the top 6 and the rest of the division, it really is key we win the majority of the remaining top 6 games. 

The last 4 games (cup included) have been poor performances. Norwich are top remember but even if we’d been mid table you wouldn’t and shouldn’t be impressed with our play. 

Lots of praise has been warranted this season but our PR spin people on this forum need to stop making excuses as they always do. 

13 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The last 4 games (cup included) have been poor performances. Norwich are top remember but even if we’d been mid table you wouldn’t and shouldn’t be impressed with our play. 

Lots of praise has been warranted this season but our PR spin people on this forum need to stop making excuses as they always do. 

Yep, you are now entitled to whinge and whine until we start winning again.  Congratulations.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

You started it,( again). 😇

Read what I said again. Lots of praise rightly warranted but at the moment we are not playing well. You can spin it all you wish but the 2 points  collected in the last 3 matches is probably more than we deserve. 

16 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Read what I said again. Lots of praise rightly warranted but at the moment we are not playing well. You can spin it all you wish but the 2 points  collected in the last 3 matches is probably more than we deserve. 

No thanks, like I said....... boooooring!   ZZzzzzzzzz