Hi Guys & Hello Everybody,

Need to keep this short, priority one is carrying out safety checks on the Dacia in preparation for the snow tomorrow (please stay safe out there people).

In short, I have been doing a lot of work with the board over at Burton Albion, including Jez Moxey. I know he was popular at the club, especially behind the scenes and thus saw there to be scope for a question and answer session. 

Please leave any questions here, I'll catch up with him next week and I'll transpose his answers Into this thread.

P.S: Thanks for all the direct messages, sorry I haven't been around much - But rest assured, we are doing great. Still residing in Saxlingham Nethergate, which provides unparalleled access to the A140. Have had a lot of issues with subsidence in the garden room, but refusing to let it dampen spirits! 

Best,

TG

Large.jpeg-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Finally you are back! Thank GOD

i just read all this and tears are rolling down my cheeks. Can we get a detailed rundown on Dacia snow checks please TG?

best

Buh

Edited by The Real Buh

Just now, king canary said:

How much did you get for Quashqui in part exchange?

To be clear this a question for you True Grit, not Moxey, who I imagine is more of a Ford Focus kind of guy.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, king canary said:

To be clear this a question for you True Grit, not Moxey, who I imagine is more of a Ford Focus kind of guy.

Estate?

26 minutes ago, Number9 said:

In these difficult times, we need a good friend like True Grit to lead the way.

In his snow-prepped Dacia Sandero

Quashqui was superb and offered unparalleled performance in the suburban environment. Dussindale velour is a far cry from the potted and mottled tundras of South Norfolk however and thus Dacia was really the only choice. We're running the Duster Ambiance Prime in Beige Dune - it wants for nothing.

Best,

TG

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, True Grit said:

Quashqui was superb and offered unparalleled performance in the suburban environment. Dussindale velour is a far cry from the potted and mottled tundras of South Norfolk however and thus Dacia was really the only choice. We're running the Duster Ambiance Prime in Beige Dune - it wants for nothing.

Best,

TG

Power

poise

precision

value

what a package

522629E9-902C-41FC-84B7-0A63FD248BEE.jpeg

2 hours ago, True Grit said:

Best,

TG

Perfect, thanks.

As someone with a young family I recently took ownership of a second hand Kia Sportage. I hope I don't come to regret not asking for your advice first.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

What kind of parallel universe have I stumbled upon here??? 🤨

I think he's a close relative of this man ...

Image result for alan partridge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Perfect, thanks.

As someone with a young family I recently took ownership of a second hand Kia Sportage. I hope I don't come to regret not asking for your advice first.

Crikey!! I had ordered a cheapo hire car from Stansted  one weekend  when visiting me mam  and catching a  game at CR, for another tenner a day I was offered a Sportage... decided  to take it fir the laugh... it was brand new but handled like a drunk pig  and the suspension bottomed out going  over a small hump back bridge in lessingham. I hope your second hand one turns out to be ok as a brand new one was a joke of a car. Doubt it's  any use off road  ...you know, as a proper 4wd. 

9 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Crikey!! I had ordered a cheapo hire car from Stansted  one weekend  when visiting me mam  and catching a  game at CR, for another tenner a day I was offered a Sportage... decided  to take it fir the laugh... it was brand new but handled like a drunk pig  and the suspension bottomed out going  over a small hump back bridge in lessingham. I hope your second hand one turns out to be ok as a brand new one was a joke of a car. Doubt it's  any use off road  ...you know, as a proper 4wd. 

Ha, great experience!

To be honest its been fine so far- not that we can really drive very far right now.

Achtung Baby....I just Luvs my AUDI....vorsprung durch technik .....In the snow it would leave a skidoo strugglin' in my rear view mirror.....

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Ha, great experience!

To be honest its been fine so far- not that we can really drive very far right now.

Tbf they are not really designed for the Paris/Dakar rally, the 4wd would help you get out of a slightly snowy driveway.....as long as it wasnt uphill. Thought the space inside was good and once sitting upright , gave a great view across Tescos carpark. Also handy for getting a good view of the sea when eating fish and chips at Wallcott. I had a petrol model and thought it was quite thirsty...... couldnt drive past a real ale pub for some reason. 😇

If a professional like TG gives his verdict on a 4x4 we should sit up and listen.

He's been out there doing the hard yards with the boy scouts in the back of his ride, when TG speaks, I listen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

The thought of you handling a drunk pig plants a picture in my head that i could really do without wcorkio. I don't know what you would get for a first offence.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

They apparently come with a free tow rope.........a bit like a tampon 😁

11 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

The thought of you handling a drunk pig plants a picture in my head that i could really do without wcorkio. I don't know what you would get for a first offence.

Is it even an offence over there in the backwoods beyond the pale?!🥳

7 hours ago, True Grit said:

Hi Guys & Hello Everybody,

Need to keep this short, priority one is carrying out safety checks on the Dacia in preparation for the snow tomorrow (please stay safe out there people).

In short, I have been doing a lot of work with the board over at Burton Albion, including Jez Moxey. I know he was popular at the club, especially behind the scenes and thus saw there to be scope for a question and answer session. 

Please leave any questions here, I'll catch up with him next week and I'll transpose his answers Into this thread.

P.S: Thanks for all the direct messages, sorry I haven't been around much - But rest assured, we are doing great. Still residing in Saxlingham Nethergate, which provides unparalleled access to the A140. Have had a lot of issues with subsidence in the garden room, but refusing to let it dampen spirits! 

Best,

TG

Large.jpeg-1.jpg

Sorry to hear about the subsidence TG, what a downer. Glad to hear you're keeping your chin up.

I suspect that beast of a car has pulled a few inferior vehicles out of the ford in Saxlingham Nethergate recently, the river must be high with all the rain we've had. 

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Who said it was a first offence? 😇

Jez, did you know your name is worth at least 36 points in a game of Scrabble?

Did you also know your name is an anagram of "Jx Zyo Eem", which means absolutely nothing at all.

Edited by Paint Me Yellow

28 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Who said it was a first offence? 😇

Glad you said that before I suggested it

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Left yourself open to quite a naughty response to that comment there Tillo, but I will resist.  As I remember the journey home from  the policeman's christmas 'do' in 1982....

Even if you dont!!! 😘.

Please do not take offence...you left the door open for that one.😉