Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

That settles it

Some question marks raised prior to the last two games about whether this bleak-sounding stat of results without Buendia in the champs is a red herring. Well I think we now have a resounding answer...

We are just not even close to the same team when he's not on the pitch, and no amount of hyperbole can overstate his contribution to the team. Even when he's not 'on it' he still makes things happen, he's the beating heart of our team. 

In spells so far this season we've managed to cope perfectly well without Pukki, Krul, Cantwell, Hanley, Gibson and several other players; hell even the period where nearly all of those players were missing at once!

We made it through all of that yet all it ever really needed was the absence of just the one player to truly hamper us. 

We clearly can't afford any spell of games without him from now until the end of the season. An injury could be terminal for our auto-promotion hopes, and god knows what will happen if we get promoted and we end up losing him in the summer! 

Thinking more positively though, knowing he is back for the next match, I'm feeling confident that an 8 day break, his return and some more favourable fixtures will see us claw out of this downturn in form and re-establish ourselves in the auto spots.

• Like 1

Buendia played in all 90 mins of Norwich's 1-0 loss to Watford and 81 mins of Norwich's 3-1 loss to Luton, so the correlation isn't that good.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, K Lo said:

Buendia played in all 90 mins of Norwich's 1-0 loss to Watford and 81 mins of Norwich's 3-1 loss to Luton, so the correlation isn't that good.

Right... The consensus is that we can’t win without Buendia (1 game in 14 now), not that we don’t lose when he’s in the team. But well down for picking out 2 of our 3 losses in our last 24 league games... 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Right... The consensus is that we can’t win without Buendia (1 game in 14 now), not that we don’t lose when he’s in the team. But well down for picking out 2 of our 3 losses in our last 24 league games... 

*done
Thank you very much.

It gives us an insight how our promotion push would have progressed had he been sold in the transfer window.

It also shows us the little value in getting promoted if we end up selling him in the summer - and there will be enormous pressure to do so, promoted or not.

9 minutes ago, unique said:

It gives us an insight how our promotion push would have progressed had he been sold in the transfer window.

It also shows us the little value in getting promoted if we end up selling him in the summer - and there will be enormous pressure to do so, promoted or not.

As the old saying goes: "Graveyards are full of people who thought they were indispensable". 

14 hours ago, Van wink said:

I wonder if Krull was thinking about Emi when he dropped the ball

Of course the individual errors cost us last night, but we simply don’t create meaningful chances without Buendia. Generally we’ve still been capable at the back without him, as you would expect, but of course my post is referencing what he brings in an attacking sense.

Another day I think last night ends 0-0, but I don’t think we could’ve been expected to outscore them based on what we conjured up. Not to mention the fact they completely sat off us after 2-0, the moments we created after then aren’t really relevant because the mentality of Swansea had changed (I.e. if it were still 0-0 they’d have been pushing for a winner probably more so than us).

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

His return might be short lived if Stoke wind him up, which they will.

Yep you have to worry that teams are going to target him even more now.

Hopefully Farke will know to sub him sooner when he does get booked in future... and hopefully we’re already winning in that game when it happens... 

9 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Yep you have to worry that teams are going to target him even more now.

Hopefully Farke will know to sub him sooner when he does get booked in future... and hopefully we’re already winning in that game when it happens... 

Hopefully Emi will grow up, develop as a footballer and learn not to respond to provocation. (In this regard he could learn a lot from Cantwell who is also targetted a lot by the opposition). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Hopefully Emi will grow up, develop as a footballer and learn not to respond to provocation. (In this regard he could learn a lot from Cantwell who is also targetted a lot by the opposition). 

But then someone will definitely buy him... 

Emi - we don't want you to be sold so what we want you to do is to go out and lose your head every game and get sent off - you'll be f**k all use to us, but at least the fans won't complain that we've sold you. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

He also played 84 minutes of our 1-0 loss to ultra-high flying Derby.

4 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

As the old saying goes: "Graveyards are full of people who thought they were indispensable". 

I believe Buendia is as close to ‘indispensable’ as you can get. Results when he is absent prove that.

I would argue that Buendia is the most talented footballer to wear the Norwich shirt.

Not only is he the most creative player in the squad, but often the most hard working. He always wants the ball, and if this means chasing back, harrying and tackling, he will. The danger is that those tackles will, from time to time, produce yellow cards, which then put him on the precipice of a red. Buendia is far from a dirty player, it is only frustration that can get the better of him, as well as the constant niggling fouls that are made on him.

It should also be underlined that Pukki is a far less potent goal scorer when Buendia isn’t present.

Watching Norwich will never be the same again when he is gone.

I'm deliberately winding you up with facts. 😆
This season we have lost 5 league games.
Buendia played in 3* of those 5 
(Over 80 mins for 2 of those, when he was subbed).

Having him on the pitch doesn't guarantee a win. He's also a liability at times when the opposition is hacking at him.

7 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

What odds can you get  on a red card for Emi  on Saturday ?

Or at least the odds on a red card before the end of the season.

Either way, I have a suspicion he'll be seeing red again before long.

16 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Some question marks raised prior to the last two games about whether this bleak-sounding stat of results without Buendia in the champs is a red herring. Well I think we now have a resounding answer...

We are just not even close to the same team when he's not on the pitch, and no amount of hyperbole can overstate his contribution to the team. Even when he's not 'on it' he still makes things happen, he's the beating heart of our team. 

In spells so far this season we've managed to cope perfectly well without Pukki, Krul, Cantwell, Hanley, Gibson and several other players; hell even the period where nearly all of those players were missing at once!

We made it through all of that yet all it ever really needed was the absence of just the one player to truly hamper us. 

We clearly can't afford any spell of games without him from now until the end of the season. An injury could be terminal for our auto-promotion hopes, and god knows what will happen if we get promoted and we end up losing him in the summer! 

Thinking more positively though, knowing he is back for the next match, I'm feeling confident that an 8 day break, his return and some more favourable fixtures will see us claw out of this downturn in form and re-establish ourselves in the auto spots.

Have we even dropped from Top spot yet ?

I think it would be best if he was told to simply not make any tackles, he either gets booked or gives away free kicks on the edge of our box!

1 hour ago, Paint Me Yellow said:

Or at least the odds on a red card before the end of the season.

Either way, I have a suspicion he'll be seeing red again before long.

Is it a 3 game ban if he gets another this season?

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Is it a 3 game ban if he gets another this season?

Only if it's a 2 yellow  red, Straight red would be 5 games I believe  Nuffo.

1 hour ago, K Lo said:

I'm deliberately winding you up with facts. 😆
This season we have lost 5 league games.
Buendia played in 3* of those 5 
(Over 80 mins for 2 of those, when he was subbed).

Having him on the pitch doesn't guarantee a win. He's also a liability at times when the opposition is hacking at him.

That's not the point the OP was making, so this is a point in bad faith.

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

Only if it's a 2 yellow  red, Straight red would be 5 games I believe  Nuffo.

5! That doesn’t make me any less anxious.

Just now, Nuff Said said:

5! That doesn’t make me any less anxious.

Oh ; sorry! I have just learnt that because of his natural ' latin hothead' personality , he will not be banned if red carded, he will be given a pay rise. Feeling better hun ? 😇

21 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

What does that have to do with anything I've said?

We're fairly established  in the auto spots at the moment..... that's what " that " has to do with anything  you've said..  jaysus, some people.

If anyone else told me that, I’d be suspicious, but I trust you implicitly Corkio. I’ll sleep easy tonight, all I have to worry about now is the resale value of True Grit’s Dacia.

Edited by Nuff Said

Just now, Nuff Said said:

If anyone told me that, I’d be suspicious, but I trust you implicitly Corkio. I’ll sleep easy tonight, all I have to worry about now is the resale value of True Grit’s Dacia.

True.....and the contents of Delia's  Hambag.

• Haha 1