Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Brentford, Swansea, Norwich...

Norwich STILL have (just) a higher points/game.
Would have to be Norwich anyway. I'm not that fickle.

Norwich 100 %

Yes , we’re on a blip and not playing well . It may well carry on for a bit . Ok , let’s see how Brentford or Swansea handle the pressure of top spot if they get it . 
There’s an awful long way to go , but I still believe we have the best squad of players and best manager in the Championship. 

• Like 1

I think Brentford look a really good side, so much pace in their side, a goal scorer on fire and some good midfielders who dominate games, yet assuming they win both games (a big assumption) we would only be 2 points off them.

I think fortune and injuries could have a big effect, we have the experience of winning it which is a plus and a very level headed manager. I still fancy us to go up, maybe in 2nd. 

Well, let's be honest, Brentford are clearly the form team. They're unbeaten in what is it, 18 now? They've also scored as many goals in the last two games as we've scored in our last 11, whilst we haven't scored for four consecutive games.

That said, I still have faith in our team and the quality we have in it. 

I think Brentford and Swansea are better than us this season. Brentford probably lack strength in depth if hit by injuries.

I can’t see us beating Brentford, Bournemouth, or Watford, and that for me means playoffs.  Given I don’t see us beating teams close to us, my gut feeling is we won’t go up this year.  

Hope I’m wrong, but we are to slow in possession, and other than Ben I don’t think the new signings are up to it.

• Like 1

Norwich all the way, through thick, thin and thinner. I am mildly concerned about our blip and failure to score in the last three league games (not particularly bothered about the FA Cup), but am hopeful that an 8 day rest and with Emi back we can kick on again. Lots of games to go, lots of points to play for and we are only just behind the curve of averaging 2 points per game.........

40 minutes ago, FCC said:

I think Brentford and Swansea are better than us this season. Brentford probably lack strength in depth if hit by injuries.

I can’t see us beating Brentford, Bournemouth, or Watford, and that for me means playoffs.  Given I don’t see us beating teams close to us, my gut feeling is we won’t go up this year.  

Hope I’m wrong, but we are to slow in possession, and other than Ben I don’t think the new signings are up to it.

Skipp and Sorenson no? 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Norwich. We've accumulated the most points, not that you'd know it. People on here wanted to be Bournemouth even though we were above them!

Norwich, because that's my team, simple answer really regardless of where we end up. 

If you're asking who's playing the better football right now, it's clear we're 3rd on that list on recent form. 

44 minutes ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

The insane thing is we have played the current top 10 away from home, and we are still top. The real test will come when we play a lot of the relegation fighting teams scrapping for points to see if we are still contenders

Home and away does'nt really work this season does it? Ok,the travelling,but its all luxury nowadays and don't feel that really affects teams that much.

16 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

Home and away does'nt really work this season does it? Ok,the travelling,but its all luxury nowadays and don't feel that really affects teams that much.

There is still a clear difference between home and away in the league with the top sides, look at the table here. 

This table should give us a good reason to feel a lot more confident facing Watford at home than away! The top teams on average seem to be picking up about 6-7 more points at home than away (Swansea, Brentford, Bournemouth, Reading, Borough). 

That should give us some reason to feel better about only facing the best sides at home, although up to this point we have been an outlier with a similar home and away record. It'd be a good time to start making the home advantage count like the other top sides are!

home and away.jpg

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

Brentford were very unfortunate not to go up last season For me they look the more complete squad , they have gambled and bought well with Tony who is banging them in. They are playing sides off the park and scoring lots of goals, they look to have few weaknesses at this level, but 2 or 3 key injuries could change everything

11 minutes ago, Decemberists said:

I don't think Swansea are better than us. Brentford maybe.

Second would be fine!

The bookies agree with you. Latest Promotion odds from Betfair have Brentford as favourites, us second favourites and Swansea a fair way behind as third favourites. 

Promotion Odds 2021.PNG

• Like 1