3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Whats the relevance?

Because he should be concentrating on his football?

Do you think the same about Marcus Rashford?

Blimey, are you suggesting that very successfully campaigning for much needed social improvements whilst being an elite footballer is equivalent to releasing a hip-hip video with scantily clad ladies?

I'm not suggesting that footballers should do nothing but train, but comparing Rashford and Drmic seems a bit of a stretch. And, yes, considering his situation I suspect that had Drmic concentrated on his job (for which he is paid more than handsomely), he probably would not have ended up being frozen out.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Blimey, are you suggesting that very successfully campaigning for much needed social improvements whilst being an elite footballer is equivalent to releasing a hip-hip video with scantily clad ladies?

I'm not suggesting that footballers should do nothing but train, but comparing Rashford and Drmic seems a bit of a stretch. And, yes, considering his situation I suspect that had Drmic concentrated on his job (for which he is paid more than handsomely), he probably would not have ended up being frozen out.

I didn't suggest or compare anything,

You're the one who seems to have issues with what footballers do in their spare time.

Edited by CDMullins

3 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

I was eluding to the fact Teemu dropped into poor league and came back better.

Fair enough, but the reasons were different.

Pukki just wasn't given much of a chance in a top league, La Liga and the Bundesliga in his case, and had to drop down a level to come back up.

Drmic was once a good player in a top league but has done nothing for five years now, and has started around 10% of league games in that time whilst being injured for half of them. Some players can come back from such a period but only a small minority. It may sound harsh, but Drmic doesn't appear to have the hunger and desire to do that, or if you're being kinder it may just be a lack of confidence in his game and/or body. 

11 minutes ago, Ian said:

Got a reference to it being a charity single? I will admit I've not studied Josip Drmic's hip-hop career in any great depth, but I seem to recall the last video being of a lady in a bath that required more suds to be an efficient cleaning experience.

I suspect his focus perhaps wasn't on getting as fit and sharp as possible to fire NCFC back to the Prem.

However, I think we're splitting hairs. If Drmic was anywhere near the answer, I think Farke would have played him.

Neither Farke or Webber have said anything about Drmic being left out due to attitude, so its harsh to start getting all tabloid and finding things to bash him for.

Its pretty obvious its financial and we were trying to force him out to save money.

In both of the instagram posts he made to announce his new singles he says that proceeds go to a good cause, I can't remember what charity, a Swiss one I should imagine.

Even if he weren't doing it for charity.... one single a year? In off-season? That would just be a hobby. No different to Howson going fishing. Don't be so silly.

Here you go, can find this....

"Drmic has displayed his interest in music previously, when he released his song ‘No Tomorrow’ to raise money for charity".

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/city-swiss-duo-star-in-imagine-cover-1834566

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

I didn't suggest or compare anything,

You're the one who seems to have issues with what footballers do in their spare time.

You didn't suggest or compare anything, yet specifically asked me a question about Marcus Rashford 's use of his spare time? Weird that you would choose to do that if it wasn't to draw some sort of equivalence between the two, must be my mistake.

What Drmic chooses to do in his spare time is his concern, but given his injury history and poor performances last season, as an elite professional, I would have expected him to focus on getting fit and sharp. Maybe Farke/Webber thought the same? I guess we'll never know.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Fair enough, but the reasons were different.

Pukki just wasn't given much of a chance in a top league, La Liga and the Bundesliga in his case, and had to drop down a level to come back up.

Drmic was once a good player in a top league but has done nothing for five years now, and has started around 10% of league games in that time whilst being injured for half of them. Some players can come back from such a period but only a small minority. It may sound harsh, but Drmic doesn't appear to have the hunger and desire to do that, or if you're being kinder it may just be a lack of confidence in his game and/or body. 

I get this,

But my point throughout this was that it was naive to ostracise him.

We've scored 3 goals once this season, we've only scored five more goals than Rotherham who have three games in hand and weve had a ex-Bundesliga and International player, training with the 23's

If we were paying him, we might aswell have utilised him, surely no one can argue that he would'nt have been a better option than the couple of games Steip played up top, he might just have kicked on from there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Neither Farke or Webber have said anything about Drmic being left out due to attitude, so its harsh to start getting all tabloid and finding things to bash him for.

Its pretty obvious its financial and we were trying to force him out to save money.

But that's the point isn't it? Someone who is really desperate to play football and possesses that desire, particularly with such a history of injuries, is going to focus solely on getting another club. Do you not agree?

Let's not make out that Drmic's music career is a huge issue, but in combination with the fact he has been happy to cash in for the last 6 months, it doesn't exactly scream hungry player prepared to do what it takes to make a difference to the squad, does it?

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

But that's the point isn't it? Someone who is really desperate to play football and possesses that desire, particularly with such a history of injuries, is going to focus solely on getting another club. Do you not agree?

Let's not make out that Drmic's music career is a huge issue, but in combination with the fact he has been happy to cash in for the last 6 months, it doesn't exactly scream hungry player prepared to do what it takes to make a difference to the squad, does it?

He doesn't have a frigging "music career", he's released two charity singles in two years.

Captain Tom released a charity single, probably required half an hour of him laying over a few words. You are making a huge issue out of nothing, its a bit odd. 

Just now, Ian said:

No,

Drmic is paid handsomely, thats not his fault

He signed a contract that works two ways, had he have been awesome and Man Utd would have wanted him we'd have held him to his contract unless United paid a big fee.

Things didnt work out, but he still has that contract.

In terms of a move away, he's a human being with a shelf life career this will probably be his last big contract why would he give that up? Also why would he re-route to another country unless it was right for him?

We'll never know how the discussions went but hes been sat on his **** whilst we've been unable to score - I don't believe for a minute that hes refused to play.

Just now, CDMullins said:

No,

Drmic is paid handsomely, thats not his fault

He signed a contract that works two ways, had he have been awesome and Man Utd would have wanted him we'd have held him to his contract unless United paid a big fee.

Things didnt work out, but he still has that contract.

In terms of a move away, he's a human being with a shelf life career this will probably be his last big contract why would he give that up? Also why would he re-route to another country unless it was right for him?

We'll never know how the discussions went but hes been sat on his **** whilst we've been unable to score - I don't believe for a minute that hes refused to play.

Of course all that is true, but I don't think that is at odds with my point that someone who has that hunger and desire to play football would probably accept the situation and move on.

I don't think Drmic is a bad guy or has done anything wrong, but equally, I don't accept he has been hard-done-by or that he would have made much of a difference this season given his injury record.

My opinion is that he could have probably done more to get into Farke's plans prior to this season starting, but chose to focus on other things. I personally have no problem with that and after all, Daniel started him over Pukki several times last season so it does not seem like Farke had an issue with his personality either.

I really can't see him or Webber choosing to confine a player to training alone if they think he looks like he is really going to improve the squad  even if he is on a fair wedge.

We'll never know what could have happened in an alternate scenario, but obviously Farke has decided this is the appropriate way of managing the situation. Considering Emi and Todd were able to work their way back in I am willing to trust Farke's judgement on this one.

IMO Drmic is the answer to a question nobody should ever ask about this season.

I don’t want to be ‘that’ guy who claims to have an inside source at Colney or anything (because I really don’t 😂), but I have actually heard 2nd hand a couple of stories about Leitner from someone reliable, and he sounds like the dictionary definition of a bad egg. Certainly better off that we don’t have someone like him around the club and I doubt another holding midfielder who can play next to Skipp is what we need now anyway.

Also how did a thread about Moritz Leitner manage to descend into a debate about whether the proceeds of Drmic’s music career go to charity or not 😂😂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well that hasn't really been a tactic of ours until this season has it? 

Nelson Oliviera has played in European competition this year and last year though, for a team which has a 69000 capacity stadium and is 2nd in the Greek League... he's literally the only other example I can think of, and he seems to be doing alright for himself? Wolves had a bid turned down for him last year.

To be fair, Wolves will bid for anyone or anything vaguely Portuguese..

8 hours ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Also how did a thread about Moritz Leitner manage to descend into a debate about whether the proceeds of Drmic’s music career go to charity or not 😂😂

That, my friend is the  'wonder of the pinkun'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He doesn't have a frigging "music career", he's released two charity singles in two years.

Captain Tom released a charity single, probably required half an hour of him laying over a few words. You are making a huge issue out of nothing, its a bit odd. 

I agree TVB. Weird take to use a couple of songs he has done against his commitment to the sport. 

I bet our other players have hobbies outside of football too, but those hobbies simply aren't in the public domain in the same way a charity single would be. In fact don't we all have hobbies outside of our careers, and other hobbies beyond football?

I'm fairly sure most players get time away to rest and recover from training, and days off where they can do what they want - just like we can. Seems weird to use what Drmic does in that spare time against him doesn't it, especially when it's for charity..

I'm guessing he thinks that Marcus Rashford should just 'stick to football' too?

9 hours ago, Pukki Blinders said:

I don’t want to be ‘that’ guy who claims to have an inside source at Colney or anything (because I really don’t 😂), but I have actually heard 2nd hand a couple of stories about Leitner from someone reliable, and he sounds like the dictionary definition of a bad egg. Certainly better off that we don’t have someone like him around the club and I doubt another holding midfielder who can play next to Skipp is what we need now anyway.

Yeah, I've heard similar stories, including one describing Leitner as "the most arrogant person I've ever met".

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, I've heard similar stories, including one describing Leitner as "the most arrogant person I've ever met".

Anybody see Simon Thomas (or was it the other TV presenter chap?) call him Tom Trybull on the balcony of the City Hall?

Was an obvious joke but Leitner got all precious and stormed off in a huff. 

Germans are a funny lot aren't they, either ridiculously humble or incredibly arrogant and not many in between. 

I'm not sure that I care whether a player is aloof or arrogant though, I just care whether they can do their job properly. Didn't Paul McVeigh spend about 5 years refusing to do any media appearances or post-match interviews? Then retired and became a public speaker and taking media work! 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

44 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

We're the third club in a row where he's found himself basically totally out of the picture, at some point it seems clear what the common denominator is.

It's also going to make him near impossible to shift. Who wants to take on a player with a clear attitude problem and on decent wages?

Best bet is to shift him off to a weaker league where he can play for a title contender and be one of the best in the division. I'm thinking a Celtic/Rangers or Brondby type situation. 

I never really rated him even when he was playing. I do not think he would add anything much to the direction of travel and it is all academic as there are clearly issues behind the scene which Farke does not like

54 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Germans are a funny lot aren't they, either ridiculously humble or incredibly arrogant and not many in between. 

You must have lots of experience  of Germans, I only lived there three years and found them to be just normal every day people, definitely  not ' one thing or the other with not many in between'.... I found most to be ' in between '......your experiences  were obviously  different, whereabouts  did you live?... there may be regional differences  , granted.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Anybody see Simon Thomas (or was it the other TV presenter chap?) call him Tom Trybull on the balcony of the City Hall?

Was an obvious joke but Leitner got all precious and stormed off in a huff. 

I'm not sure that I care whether a player is aloof or arrogant though, I just care whether they can do their job properly. Didn't Paul McVeigh spend about 5 years refusing to do any media appearances or post-match interviews? Then retired and became a public speaker and taking media work! 

Wow there's some totally ignorant xenophobia right there. 

Despicable. 

Edited by Jerrykerry

3 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Wow there's some totally ignorant xenophobia right there. 

Despicable. 

Nah, just mild use of stereotypes.

Go back to sharing illegal streams Bill, give yourself a purpose in life. 

• Haha 1