2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

But we can't score and have just allowed a Swiss international to leave.

And Drmic's goal scoring record over the last 8 years is?

4 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Which is all well and good if we're flying on the pitch,

But we can't score and have just allowed a Swiss international to leave.

A Swiss international that has scored 15 goals in 7 years. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

Christ, if Drmic is suddenly the answer to our goalscoring problems, we all must have collective amnesia with regards to his performances last season.

I believe we needed to recruit a decent striker this window, but that is easier said than done, and it doesn't justify clinging on to drmic.

In fairness you could say the same about alot of players performances last season,

Drmic could have been an handful at this level

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

And Drmic's goal scoring record over the last 8 years is?

Wait,

Are you comparing Bundesliga to Championship?

His record is not to dis-similar to Hughil and he's far better placed to tackle the Championship than Idah is.

4 minutes ago, kirku said:

Such an obvious load of utter ****. 😂

You are absolutely correct. My relationship with Farke is made up utter ****. 

I thought that was obvious. Make no mistake about it though. The reason Leitner, like Drmic is still on our books is because the wage we are paying them is more than what mid-lower championship clubs or Bundesliga 2 clubs can afford/would be prepared to pay.

Leitner is not the answer. A team of crabs would go sideways less than we do.

Faster tempo, press high up the pitch and get the ball in the box quicker. Get back to the 2018/19 Norwich, not the 2017/18.

7 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Wait,

His record is not to dis-similar to Hughil and he's far better placed to tackle the Championship than Idah is.

Injuries have taken their toll on him and he has never really struck me as a player that was 100% committed to the cause. There's a reason why he's ended up in the Croatian league as opposed to a more competitive one.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

In fairness you could say the same about alot of players performances last season,

Drmic could have been an handful at this level

Yes, nobody really came out of the second half of last season with much credit, but I get the feeling Drmic would rather concentrate on his music career than the team. I would actually rather have RvW at this level.

IMO there must be a very good reason Farke doesn't want him anywhere near the squad.

27 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

We really haven't

We've been icredibly resilient,

But had nowhere near the quality or fluency of 18/19

I agree, actually.

I suppose I should have said that results have been excellent.

But the point stands; I don't really see how things would improve with Leitner in the team as his qualities aren't the ones we're missing. As a matter of fact, the qualities that we're missing right now are actually Leitner's weaknesses: incisiveness, goal threat, and a slightly more direct approach when plan A isn't working. Leitner offers none of this.

5 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Wait,

Almost all of Drmic’s career in the Bundesliga was spent as a reserve/sub and the most goals he’s ever scored in a season in the bundesliga was 6 in the 14-15 season. Since then I don’t think he’s scored more than 2 goals in a calendar year and has suffered several injuries. I think Hugill was a poor signing. Personally I’d rather Idah at least have the chance to prove he’s not good enough for the championship than a guy who’s career has been nosediving for 8 years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Injuries have taken their toll on him and he has never really struck me as a player that was 100% committed to the cause. There's a reason why he's ended up in the Croatian league as opposed to a more competitive one.

Could have said the same about Pukki ending up in Denmark,

Look what a year the the Championship did for him?

We'll never know now but to me it looks like a increbily naive decision to ostracise him in the summer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ian said:

Christ, if Drmic is suddenly the answer to our goalscoring problems, we all must have collective amnesia with regards to his performances last season.

I believe we needed to recruit a decent striker this window, but that is easier said than done, and it doesn't justify clinging on to drmic.

I mean, yeah Drmic was terrible last season particularly in the second half of that season.

But Rupp was also terrible and got another crack, and Pukki was just as bad as Drmic after lockdown.

I was curious about Drmic in this league, he didn't look like a player who put much effort in but that is sometimes a sign of great intelligence, Berbatov also always looked incredibly lazy but his positioning was excellent. 

The problem with Drmic is highly likely to be his salary, we wanted to force him out because he was earning too much for a Championship budget - unfortunately struggled to ship him out and bridges definitely burnt now.

Who knows how good he would have looked in this league, plenty of strikers excel in this league and then struggle in the league above.

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Almost all of Drmic’s career in the Bundesliga was spent as a reserve/sub and the most goals he’s ever scored in a season in the bundesliga was 6 in the 14-15 season.

Thought you were an expert in everything German because you lived there?

He scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga the year before that, which was third highest scorer in the league.

He was without a doubt a precocious talent before injuries affected him, that's why we decided he was worth a punt.

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes, nobody really came out of the second half of last season with much credit, but I get the feeling Drmic would rather concentrate on his music career than the team. I would actually rather have RvW at this level.

That's a bit harsh, he's released music at a rate of 1 track a year and the proceeds go to charity! 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Thought you were an expert in everything German because you lived there?

He scored 17 goals in the Bundesliga the year before that, which was third highest scorer in the league.

He was without a doubt a precocious talent before injuries affected him, that's why we decided he was worth a punt.

Was that while he was at Nuremberg? If so I appogise. The website which I used to look at those records didn’t indicate which tier the team was playing at at the time and I obviously wrongly presumed Nuremberg were a bundesliga 2 team.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

IMO there must be a very good reason Farke doesn't want him anywhere near the squad.

Its clear we wanted him off our wage book,

It didnt happen, we had an asset on relatively big money no matter what went on, that asset should be managed to best serve Norwich City.

And its up to Daniel Farke to manage it.

5 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I mean, yeah Drmic was terrible last season particularly in the second half of that season.

But Rupp was also terrible and got another crack, and Pukki was just as bad as Drmic after lockdown.

I was curious about Drmic in this league, he didn't look like a player who put much effort in but that is sometimes a sign of great intelligence, Berbatov also always looked incredibly lazy but his positioning was excellent. 

The problem with Drmic is highly likely to be his salary, we wanted to force him out because he was earning too much for a Championship budget - unfortunately struggled to ship him out and bridges definitely burnt now.

Who knows how good he would have looked in this league, plenty of strikers excel in this league and then struggle in the league above.

I don't disagree at all. But Farke and Webber don't get much wrong - how many players who we've "frozen out" have gone onto anything approaching a career at the equivalent level?

I was rooting for Drmic last season, but I can't see him having had any impact on an already injury ravaged season in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Was that while he was at Nuremberg? If so I appogise. The website which I used to look at those records didn’t indicate which tier the team was playing at at the time and I obviously wrongly presumed Nuremberg were a bundesliga 2 team.

They were Bundesliga that season yes.

1 minute ago, CDMullins said:

Its clear we wanted him off our wage book,

It didnt happen, we had an asset on relatively big money no matter what went on, that asset should be managed to best serve Norwich City.

And its up to Daniel Farke to manage it.

Which he's doing. And which had led to us, until the last cursed 6 days, being comfortably at the top of the Championship.

I'm not pretending to be privy to the ins and outs of what is going on in this situation, but one thing you can be sure of is that any player in a Championship winning squad is going to be one who is desperate to play football.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

They were Bundesliga that season yes.

Fair dos. Call me pessimistic but I don’t see Drmic ever recapturing that sort of goal scoring record.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's a bit harsh, he's released music at a rate of 1 track a year and the proceeds go to charity! 

How many other Norwich footballers have released slickly produced music videos then?

Can't imagine Hanley or Gibson would focus on releasing a Robson and Jerome style number regardless of where the proceeds are going. Although, that said, I would probably buy it

1 minute ago, Ian said:

I don't disagree at all. But Farke and Webber don't get much wrong - how many players who we've "frozen out" have gone onto anything approaching a career at the equivalent level?

Well that hasn't really been a tactic of ours until this season has it? 

Nelson Oliviera has played in European competition this year and last year though, for a team which has a 69000 capacity stadium and is 2nd in the Greek League... he's literally the only other example I can think of, and he seems to be doing alright for himself? Wolves had a bid turned down for him last year.

12 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

We'll never know now but to me it looks like a increbily naive decision to ostracise him in the summer.

Pukki had just had an excellent season in Denmark when we signed him though. Also I’m not aware he had a long history with pretty bad injuries like Drmic who hadn’t scored double figures or started a double figure number of games in a season for 8 years before signing with us.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

How many other Norwich footballers have released slickly produced music videos then?

Can't imagine Hanley or Gibson would focus on releasing a Robson and Jerome style number regardless of where the proceeds are going. Although, that said, I would probably buy it

Really scraping the barrel here. Both released in the off-season! 

Would rather a player be prancing around making music videos to raise a bit of money than be inhaling hippy crack and buying magnums of champagne in Ibiza like half the young English players.

Its an odd stick to beat him with. 

Kortney Hause released one in April to make money for the NHS. 

11 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Could we? How many major injuries has Pukki suffered? 

In the four seasons 2016-20, Drmic made just 49 league appearances, of which just 13 were starts. He missed around two-thirds of that period through injuries.

I also doubt that Drmic would have performed better than Pukki this season. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

You are absolutely correct. My relationship with Farke is made up utter ****. 

I thought that was obvious. Make no mistake about it though. The reason Leitner, like Drmic is still on our books is because the wage we are paying them is more than what mid-lower championship clubs or Bundesliga 2 clubs can afford/would be prepared to pay.

Thanks for the incredible insight. Truly enlightening.

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Whats the relevance?

Because he should be concentrating on his football?

Do you think the same about Marcus Rashford?

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Really scraping the barrel here. Both released in the off-season! 

Would rather a player be prancing around making music videos to raise a bit of money than be inhaling hippy crack and buying magnums of champagne in Ibiza like half the young English players.

Its an odd stick to beat him with. 

Kortney Hause released one in April to make money for the NHS. 

Got a reference to it being a charity single? I will admit I've not studied Josip Drmic's hip-hop career in any great depth, but I seem to recall the last video being of a lady in a bath that required more suds to be an efficient cleaning experience.

I suspect his focus perhaps wasn't on getting as fit and sharp as possible to fire NCFC back to the Prem.

However, I think we're splitting hairs. If Drmic was anywhere near the answer, I think Farke would have played him.

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Could we? How many major injuries has Pukki suffered? 

In the four seasons 2016-20, Drmic made just 49 league appearances, of which just 13 were starts. He missed around two-thirds of that period through injuries.

I also doubt that Drmic would have performed better than Pukki this season. 

I was eluding to the fact Teemu dropped into poor league and came back better.