Is he to Farke what Ozil has been this season to Arteta, so obviously exactly what we are missing in midfield but an outcast due to a grudge? 

Do a player and manager necessarily have to like each other, and could Leitner coming back be mutually beneficial? Leitner gets to play football, and we get one of the best centre midfielders in the Championship back for a promotion push?

How much would it cost to buy a Moritz Leitner, we have a seven figure player sitting there not being utilised! 

You think Leitner would make any difference to us not converting chances?

Just now, Ian said:

You think Leitner would make any difference to us not converting chances?

I think that his calmness and maturity on the ball would help stop us running around like headless chickens and might help us formulate some sort of plan in the final third which will see us create higher quality chances, yes. 

• Like 1

Is he exactly what we need? We've been excellent all season without him up until the last four games, and it's what's happening in the final third that's letting us down, not the midfield. Leitner is good at keeping the ball, but we've controlled possession in the last three games anyway. 

It's Buendia that we've missed this week. Not Leitner.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think that his calmness and maturity on the ball would help stop us running around like headless chickens and might help us formulate some sort of plan in the final third which will see us create higher quality chances, yes. 

Leitner could have the qualities of Rupp, Skipp and Vrancic combined, and he's still not going to be able to make Pukki hit the target or Idah take the ball on chest when he has an absolute sitter.

I get that people are trying to thrash around for any solution to our current conundrum, but chance conversion has been our issue this season and continues to be.

We need and have needed for a while goal scorers. 4 games with no goals is more than a blip. Also without Emi we have won one game.... Selling him in the summer would be a massive mistake. Should have addressed the lack of goals in the transfer window. 

£25k a week for a bang average champ player who has been cast out of every club he’s ever played for. Just what we’re missing. Ryan Jarvis does a similar job for Lynn. Cheeky bid? 

1 minute ago, BigGrantsTash said:

£25k a week for a bang average champ player who has been cast out of every club he’s ever played for. Just what we’re missing. Ryan Jarvis does a similar job for Lynn. Cheeky bid? 

Not sure how accurate your wage claim is there, but its worth noting that we're paying him that whether he plays for us or not so I'm not sure how that was relevant at all?

It’s relevant because it’s a big reason he’s not playing. See also Drmic. Big wages not justified by performances. Club trying to force them out. No game time and training with kids hinders their careers. I know this because I knew Farke from my time in Germany.

He didn't play a massive amount in the second half of the promotion season, arguably the big push part. Suppose that isn't really his fault though.

He had quality, of that there is no doubt and I genuinely enjoyed watching him. But I think idealising him is a classic case of believeing the best player is the one that isn't playing.

He could be so beyond ever wanting to play for us/Farke at this point that it may well be mostly irrelevant anyway.

Either way, I'm not sure he is the answer.

3 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

It’s relevant because it’s a big reason he’s not playing. See also Drmic. Big wages not justified by performances. Club trying to force them out. No game time and training with kids hinders their careers. I know this because I knew Farke from my time in Germany.

You know that Leitner is on £25k a week because you once lived in Germany? Impressive

Edited by kirku
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Well we do still pay him, so why not? 

Because he's no better than other options we've already got in midfield and he's disruptive to overall team harmony. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Because he's no better than other options we've already got in midfield and he's disruptive to overall team harmony. 

Good point

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

If it hinders there careers that much, I am sure the club would mutually terminate their contract without cost.

Of course, the reality is they are raking in good money for doing **** all, whilst claiming it is all about the football.

5 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

What? lol

So Farke told you that Leitner is on £25k because you were mates with him in Germany. Rings you up for a chat then does he?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kirku said:

You know that Leitner is on £25k a week because you once lived in Germany? Impressive

Sorry I’m lying. All of our players get less than 10k a week. It’s still 1996 and having one of biggest wage bills in the championship is actually a fabrication perpetrated by the right wing media. 

Unless Leitner is going to convert chances for us then no.

We also rose comfortably to the top of the league without him.

If we miss anyone right now its probably Stiepermann and Hugill 

22 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Is he exactly what we need? We've been excellent all season without him up until the last four games, and it's what's happening in the final third that's letting us down, not the midfield. Leitner is good at keeping the ball, but we've controlled possession in the last three games anyway. 

It's Buendia that we've missed this week. Not Leitner.

We really haven't

We've been icredibly resilient,

But had nowhere near the quality or fluency of 18/19

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

If it hinders there careers that much, I am sure the club would mutually terminate their contract without cost.

Of course, the reality is they are raking in good money for doing **** all, whilst claiming it is all about the football.

That’s kind of my point. As much as people love to think we have a tiny wage bill. Outside of Bournemouth and Watford the likes of Drmic and Leitner would be some of the highest paid footballers in league. They obviously don’t justify that and no other club would be prepared to match what we’re paying. Hence why they have been ostracised. It’s an attempt to force them out and take wage cuts to go play elsewhere. They think “I’ll take what I’m owed”. We think “Fine, then train with the kids and lose a year of your career”. 

4 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

That’s kind of my point. As much as people love to think we have a tiny wage bill. Outside of Bournemouth and Watford the likes of Drmic and Leitner would be some of the highest paid footballers in league. They obviously don’t justify that and no other club would be prepared to match what we’re paying. Hence why they have been ostracised. It’s an attempt to force them out and take wage cuts to go play elsewhere. They think “I’ll take what I’m owed”. We think “Fine, then train with the kids and lose a year of your career”. 

Which is all well and good if we're flying on the pitch,

But we can't score and have just allowed a Swiss international to leave.

6 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Agreed. Without doubt if they were as good as they think (or some fans think) they would at least have another club interested in paying their wages.

10 minutes ago, BigGrantsTash said:

Sorry I’m lying. All of our players get less than 10k a week. It’s still 1996 and having one of biggest wage bills in the championship is actually a fabrication perpetrated by the right wing media. 

I'm still interested in the connection between you living in Germany, your claimed relationship with Farke, and your knowledge of specific player's salaries.

Do expand. 

15 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What? lol

So Farke told you that Leitner is on £25k because you were mates with him in Germany. Rings you up for a chat then does he?

Such an obvious load of utter ****. 😂

2 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Which is all well and good if we're flying on the pitch,

But we can't score and have just allowed a Swiss international to leave.

Christ, if Drmic is suddenly the answer to our goalscoring problems, we all must have collective amnesia with regards to his performances last season.

I believe we needed to recruit a decent striker this window, but that is easier said than done, and it doesn't justify clinging on to drmic.