Sign in to follow this  
Tolerant Tom

THE FANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CLUB'S DEMISE-TMITS SAYS SO.

I think I''ve found the problem at NCFC. It''s simple, when things go well it''s the supporters, who, to quote The Man in the Stands "are the fundamental building blocks of this club''s recent success". I''m not quite sure what we did to have this honour bestowed upon us, but by inference, we have stopped doing whatever it was that led to this honour. This is an intolerable situation and I demand that those supporters who were the "fundamental building blocks of this club''s recent success" dig deep in their conscience,  to ensure that those glory days are resurrected. If they can''t, then the Board should demand their resignation. You see, football is really very easy, we read in the pink''un exactly how easy it is every week. The recent dead cert of Spurs beating Leicester in the Cup, in Place Your Bets is just one example of how predictable football is. Middlesborough thrashing Chelsea 3-0 is another. What makes me want to throw up, is the creeping character assassination of Worthwhile. From being a shrewd manager who has given the club relative succes in his tenure, he is now generally regarded as "lucky", in other words, he had nothing to do with it. I''ve suddenly had a revolutionary thought, I believe he was largely responsible for the clubs recent success and is NOW unlucky. Of course, the buck stops at Worthwhile, but if a football team consisted of 1 player and 11 managers, then the 1 player would carry the can, after all, somebody has to, it''s a damn sight easier to blame 1 person than 11. THE MAN can now honestly say that he does know a City supporter who wants Worthwhile to stay. (Helveg GREAT at right back, come on Adam at Capital Canaries, he was a b****y disaster). Incidentally, I''m setting up an ''Independent Board Association'', I only need to get a couple more people to join me and I can then claim to represent the Board at it''s meetings with the Independent Supporters Association!

Don''t get mad, Tom, get even. Use reason and logic to puncture their hysteria, as you are doing. We''re all waiting for the self-proclaimed "WO majority" to clear its throat in public (as opposed to monopolising this board) and to be brave enough to say to the man''s face what it screams on here. I don''t like the situation at the Club, but the general lack of ambition on the playing side (coaching and playing staff both guilty) pre-dates Worthy by several years and will only be eradicated by a change of culture, not a change of one person. And what the Miserablists on here are doing with their relentless drip-drip-drip of negativity will not do that. It can only have a bad effect on our short-term position.

Old Boy - Some of the supporters at the Sheringham Roadshow left Worthington and Delia in no doubt as to how much they wanted Worthington Out. The response was, in essence, ''we believe in Worthington and he ain''t going anywhere''. Is it any wonder that some of us ''Worthy Outers'' feel that demonstrations will not overcome such intransigence? We could shout ''Worthy Out'' at 100 decibels, but Delia and Co have their fingers in their ears, singing ''La=La=La''!

And nothing could have a more damaging effect upon our position, short term or long term, as the current management team.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

Don''t get mad, Tom, get even. Use reason and logic to puncture their hysteria, as you are doing. We''re all waiting for the self-proclaimed "WO majority" to clear its throat in public (as opposed to monopolising this board) and to be brave enough to say to the man''s face what it screams on here. I don''t like the situation at the Club, but the general lack of ambition on the playing side (coaching and playing staff both guilty) pre-dates Worthy by several years and will only be eradicated by a change of culture, not a change of one person. And what the Miserablists on here are doing with their relentless drip-drip-drip of negativity will not do that. It can only have a bad effect on our short-term position.

[/quote]

Actually I cant see how this set of players under this manager could mount a play off challenge next year??  What signs have their been?? I can remember a couple of good performances thats it, but even Plymouth and Crewe have had a couple of good games. The only thing I see in this team that offers a promotion chance is Hucks being on fire again.  The midfield still lacks goals - especially if McVeigh is off...  We still have a total lack of width.

I love the WO fans, I had some behind me at tonights Brighton Game shouting WO. Only the brain dead can think that shouting that chorus during the (undoubtedly grim) match, is going to lift the players on the pitch. For the Fulham debacle at the end of last season, and last weeks local derby, the City shouldn''t need a manager, it''s about putting on the shirt and playing with pride and passion. The Captain can''t steer the ship if the engine room isn''t working. In football, some things are certain, one of them is that, at some time, (even great) managers will go through a period of failure, just ask George Burley. I believe our great fans are largely responsible, through their unprecedented vitriol, of NCFC failing to sign the divisions leading striker when we had the chance, I personally never had anything against Adi, he was just new to the job but boy, didn''t we show him our displeasure, I wouldn''t have come back for £50,000 a week after that treatment.  

[quote user="Tolerant Tom"]I love the WO fans, I had some behind me at tonights Brighton Game shouting WO. Only the brain dead can think that shouting that chorus during the (undoubtedly grim) match, is going to lift the players on the pitch. For the Fulham debacle at the end of last season, and last weeks local derby, the City shouldn''t need a manager, it''s about putting on the shirt and playing with pride and passion. The Captain can''t steer the ship if the engine room isn''t working. In football, some things are certain, one of them is that, at some time, (even great) managers will go through a period of failure, just ask George Burley. I believe our great fans are largely responsible, through their unprecedented vitriol, of NCFC failing to sign the divisions leading striker when we had the chance, I personally never had anything against Adi, he was just new to the job but boy, didn''t we show him our displeasure, I wouldn''t have come back for £50,000 a week after that treatment.  [/quote]

what a load of **** to be honest what about in away games at Luton and QPR, even the pathetic performance at Hull.  And today what was their to cheer about??  getting played off the park by 10 man Brighton whom have lost their last 5 away games and are going to get relegated.....  just as we were played off the park by the kids at ipswich whom are equally going to acheive nothing this year???

Ade wasnt good enough at the time he was a norwich player - he is no premiership striker and was no good when we had him even in the first division.

You no why the fans are **** off??  because we have FAILED with premiership money to build a decent team. end of story

and what did mc Carthy at Sunderland and Pardew at West Ham do... they built a team over a couple of years. Who said this year was easy. How much ''Premiership'' money have we had? I suspect Sheffield United have spent more. Thats a pathetic argument.

Reading have gelled a team over a number of years.

Sheffield United ditto.

Preston ditto, Luton ditto, Leeds United ditto...

Watford have done well with a solid team, collective spirit and playing regularyl together.

Only a fool wearing blinkers could possibly judge NCFC this year without taking into account relegation, injuries, loss of form of some players, removal of one inspirational player to the ACN, and a wholesale change of players many of whom the fans wanted rid of also (Holt, Brennan etc) Many of those who were on this board two years ago agreed that Mackay would not serve city well in the Prem and should be offloaded to free up money for someone else. Now they''re singing malky''s praises as the greatest leader we''ve ever had.

The Moaners were only to happy to be part of the togetherness. Now they''re the rotten apples pointing the fingers. Accept your responsibility as a supporter just as the players staff and club accept theirs.

United we R Strong. Divided we R Weak.

"The Captain can''t steer the ship if the engine room isn''t working."

No, but if the Captain is the one who put together a poor engine, then it''s his fault when it goes wrong. Perhaps we should get rid of the players then, Tom? That''ll be a first, won''t it.

What is the point of your post? Are you saying that the fans are responsible for the dreadful season we''re having? I see that you''ve only posted twice on this Board. I suggest that you come back with post number 3 when you''ve got something sensible to say.  

[quote user="Tolerant Tom"]I love the WO fans, I had some behind me at tonights Brighton Game shouting WO. Only the brain dead can think that shouting that chorus during the (undoubtedly grim) match, is going to lift the players on the pitch. For the Fulham debacle at the end of last season, and last weeks local derby, the City shouldn''t need a manager, it''s about putting on the shirt and playing with pride and passion. The Captain can''t steer the ship if the engine room isn''t working. In football, some things are certain, one of them is that, at some time, (even great) managers will go through a period of failure, just ask George Burley. I believe our great fans are largely responsible, through their unprecedented vitriol, of NCFC failing to sign the divisions leading striker when we had the chance, I personally never had anything against Adi, he was just new to the job but boy, didn''t we show him our displeasure, I wouldn''t have come back for £50,000 a week after that treatment.  [/quote]live up to your name tt and open your eyes and ears. the atmosphere was dead all match, as worse i can remember, the crowd are disinterested in city and the players looked the same too - worthy is a dead man walking and the sooner people like you get up to speed with reality the quicker city can put a creataker in charge and move forward to a brighter future. you misplaced sense of loyalty as a ''true supporter'' is dragging out a painful episode in city''s life, the sooner we all move on the better for all.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

[/quote]negative posters old boy eh? pot calling the kettle black comes to mind.

[quote user="rocky marshall"]and what did mc Carthy at Sunderland and Pardew at West Ham do... they built a team over a couple of years. Who said this year was easy. How much ''Premiership'' money have we had? I suspect Sheffield United have spent more. Thats a pathetic argument. Reading have gelled a team over a number of years. Sheffield United ditto. Preston ditto, Luton ditto, Leeds United ditto... Watford have done well with a solid team, collective spirit and playing regularyl together. Only a fool wearing blinkers could possibly judge NCFC this year without taking into account relegation, injuries, loss of form of some players, removal of one inspirational player to the ACN, and a wholesale change of players many of whom the fans wanted rid of also (Holt, Brennan etc) Many of those who were on this board two years ago agreed that Mackay would not serve city well in the Prem and should be offloaded to free up money for someone else. Now they''re singing malky''s praises as the greatest leader we''ve ever had. The Moaners were only to happy to be part of the togetherness. Now they''re the rotten apples pointing the fingers. Accept your responsibility as a supporter just as the players staff and club accept theirs. United we R Strong. Divided we R Weak.[/quote]

Mccarthy''s Sunderland and Pardew''s West Ham made the Play-offs in their first season after relegation......

And you are right Malky is not premiership standard - The problem is worthy did not replace him.

And you are right Holty is not championship standard anymore - The problem is worthy did not replace him.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[quote user="rocky marshall"]and what did mc Carthy at Sunderland and Pardew at West Ham do... they built a team over a couple of years. Who said this year was easy. How much ''Premiership'' money have we had? I suspect Sheffield United have spent more. Thats a pathetic argument. Reading have gelled a team over a number of years. Sheffield United ditto. Preston ditto, Luton ditto, Leeds United ditto... Watford have done well with a solid team, collective spirit and playing regularyl together. Only a fool wearing blinkers could possibly judge NCFC this year without taking into account relegation, injuries, loss of form of some players, removal of one inspirational player to the ACN, and a wholesale change of players many of whom the fans wanted rid of also (Holt, Brennan etc) Many of those who were on this board two years ago agreed that Mackay would not serve city well in the Prem and should be offloaded to free up money for someone else. Now they''re singing malky''s praises as the greatest leader we''ve ever had. The Moaners were only to happy to be part of the togetherness. Now they''re the rotten apples pointing the fingers. Accept your responsibility as a supporter just as the players staff and club accept theirs. United we R Strong. Divided we R Weak.[/quote]

Mccarthy''s Sunderland and Pardew''s West Ham made the Play-offs in their first season after relegation......

And you are right Malky is not premiership standard - The problem is worthy did not replace him.

And you are right Holty is not championship standard anymore - The problem is worthy did not replace him.

[/quote]Mackay wasn''t replaced? What would that make Docherty then?Holt wasn''t replaced - Etuhu, Robinson and Hughes mean nothing to you then?These guys are right. Ever since we were promoted to the prem this board has been taken over by the majority of the bad eggs. I have said it before if clubs could sack fans this lot would have been out before the season started.Relegation from the premiership was Worthingtons fault, Delia is destroying the club by cooking too much!WAKEY WAKEY!

What a load of c**p, I suppose you are going to tell me that Chelsea, Man Utd, Wigan, etc are great teams because they spent wisely with their Premiership money. The truth is, like so many City fans, you let youself believe that we have a right to the Premiership. As with so many city fans, you talk double dutch, a lot of the criticism lately is about not bringing players through the Academy, and when we do, you say they are rubbish if they don''t score 20+ goals in their first season. I''m afraid it''s all too predictable, when City are on song, the management team are great and what''s more, they are doing all the right things, when things go pear shaped, the character assassination starts, and woe betide anybody who criticises the fantastic fans.

No, for the premiership season Mackay wasnt replaced - except by an overweight premiership failure whom seems to have found his level.....

Well we are seeing how well Holtys replacements have fared!!!!!!!!!!  ANDY HUGHES A Rich Mans poor version of Holt.....

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Paul Rankin"]

[/quote]

Mackay wasn''t replaced? What would that make Docherty then?

Holt wasn''t replaced - Etuhu, Robinson and Hughes mean nothing to you then?

These guys are right. Ever since we were promoted to the prem this board has been taken over by the majority of the bad eggs. I have said it before if clubs could sack fans this lot would have been out before the season started.

Relegation from the premiership was Worthingtons fault, Delia is destroying the club by cooking too much!

WAKEY WAKEY!
[/quote]

those 3 players were signed to Replace Damien Francis.. not Gary Holt... dont u think its a poor showing when we need to sign 3 players in the Hope of replacing one? lets not forget Dean Marney too.....

if the club sack fans... what a load of B***cks!!!!! i have been supporting this club for 15 years! nearly 16! longer than most of the Johnyy come latelys id wager!

where were the "fans" we get now when we lost 4-0 to Charlton in front of just 9000 people,..... It wasnt that long we were getting 12-13000 a week GENUINE support.... Attendances are now diwndling as the Hangers on realise we arent the side they thought we were and all buy chelsea shirts...

We dont have the fan base everyone thinks we have.. we never have had! even in the days of europe we were pulling in between 16-18000 a week.....

if the club sacked the fans then theyd be up the creek as the part timers wouldnt go anymore anyway, and with the loyal fans out it would mean.. leaving a windy empty stadium....

jas :)

Jas, I think you underestimate the strides forward the club have made in increasing the fan base.Big Fat Bob had no time for the fans and boy, didn''t we know it! It''s easy to forget the sea change in attitudes that the change to Delia & Co. brought. It''s forgetting the bad times that makes today seem so poor - even with dissent amongst fans and the club, we''re still more together than we ever were under Chase.The club has spent several years encouraging families, single women, school kids to come to games. Facilities have improved hugely, not just for match days, either. Whilst the majority of the 16000 from the UEFA Cup days are still here, we''ve been joined by thousands of new, loyal fans. I''m not denying there''s a minority of people who only signed up when they thought we were going to play Prem footbal week in, week out, but the loyal base must surely be over 20000 now.Other clubs have seen their core support fall despite relative success. Some, like Wigan, are still trying to generate interest in the club, despite being in the Prem! Our support is solid (if currently unimpressed), but a good quarter of them have probably just had their first taste of a truly disappointing season and are going through feelings many of us dealt with years ago!I can tell I''ve started to ramble, so I''ll stop now. My excuse is I''m off work, sick, it must be lack of beer!

And while Mr Doncaster may not be to everyones taste he has consisently put himself in the firing line of fans and is prepared to give answers that people may not like;  he continues to make himself contactable and ALWAYS responds to fans approaches, listens and answers.  

He will be at Scores tonight and will probably again be on Carrow Road to face ad hoc questions from a disgruntled fanbase before tomorrows game.

For that he gains my respect.