Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Teemu Pukki

Hate to say it but i genuinely think he's had his moment and we will never see the same player again. He looks finished and has done for a while. The real worry is we have absolutely no competition for him. Hugill has struggled and Idah is nowhere near good enough for the championship at present. A conundrum for Farke.

All the best. K. Scott.

• Haha 1

It does seem like we could have a problem in that department. We will just have to muddle through now and hope Pukki finds some form, but he definaltly has lost half a yard and gets caught in possession far more often now. 

Pukki can only score if he gets good service. We're hardly serving up chances at the moment, which is why we're not scoring

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

The team isn't performing as we know it can. Not just 1 player

To be honest though of Pukki was anywhere close to previous form we would have hone ahead tonight and won at Millwall as well.

hes completely off form and we don’t have an adequate replacement which is pretty unforgivable for a club in our position. 

Just now, AJ said:

Pukki can only score if he gets good service. We're hardly serving up chances at the moment, which is why we're not scoring

I agree in part, the chances we're creating aren't exactly pearlers. But I'd also say Teemu isn't acting on instinct atm, the extra second taken to work out a chance means he's being smothered by defenders and keepers or forced onto his weak foot.

I wonder what it is about January that gives Pukki the blues 🤔

Pukki hasn't been his old consistent self for a while, Idah is not good enough as shown tonight, too early to say on Hugill but was starting to show why we bought him. Problem is you have to spend money to get goalscorers..... I unfortunately think the lack of goals will cost a big time. 

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

He’s having three or four good chances a match.

1 minute ago, Jim Smith said:

To be honest though of Pukki was anywhere close to previous form we would have hone ahead tonight and won at Millwall as well.

hes completely off form and we don’t have an adequate replacement which is pretty unforgivable for a club in our position. 

If he's in the mood he will run and run and run.. if somethings not quite right he looks a bit less interested.. maybe he's missing family with a new born.. im obviously not him but these things can all add up and build up. He is a human after all. Just keep the love up for the guy 💛💚

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

If he's in the mood he will run and run and run.. if somethings not quite right he looks a bit less interested.. maybe he's missing family with a new born.. im obviously not him but these things can all add up and build up. He is a human after all. Just keep the love up for the guy 💛💚

He looks interested but when off form his finishing just goes to sh*t

On form and firing Pukki is the best in the division. Off form Pukki really offers very little. 

Idah and Hugill arent the answer. Hugill is a good option to bring on or to play in those games like we had vs millwall midweek. Idah is still very raw and injuries having helped his course.

Feel like we missed a trick not bringing in a striker on loan and maybe getting Idah a loan move out in league one where he can play 20+ games and get up to full speed.

I love it how the likes of Keith Scott wallow and rejoice in things when they don't go so well.  I don't really care about your motives Keith, but the reality is the life of a striker is a mixed one and every striker gets dry spells from timer to time. 

So there is nothing to see here...those that want to think Pukki is past it can enjoy their misery/fun or whatever kick they get from it while the rest of us will look forward to seeing him return to goal scoring form over the next few weeks.

Just a few weeks ago he looked as sharp as ever away to Blackburn, scoring twice - and has missed a few games with injury too.

Oh ye of little faith!

• Like 1

I think we need to give Idah a run in the no 10 role. Pukki’s at his best with Steipi in that position so let’s try something similar. A big lad up there with him to occupy defenders and cause problems. Anyone else playing no 10 just drops too deep and leaves Pukki regularly isolated and up against 2/3 CB’s. There is also never enough bodies in the box to get on the end of anything that comes in and no-one making runs from deep.

I dont think he's finished but I thimk we may also have to accept that 18/19 Pukki was the exception not the rule. I think Kieran Scott suggested that when we signed him we were expecting something like 10/12 goals a season from him. Maybe that is the fair expectation not the 30 he scored before. 

His current struggles are also exacerbated by the entire midfield bar Buendia offering no real goal threat. I'm sure the club would have expected more than 4 goals combined from Cantwell, Placheta, McLean and Hernandez by this point.

Need Hugill fit, at least he can head a ball, wide players cannot hit crosses in with Pukki on his own up front, can Farke be brave and play both of them together?

Having a barren run but all strikers do at some stage. It will only take one goal and he will kick on again, I am certain of that.

5 hours ago, king canary said:

I dont think he's finished but I thimk we may also have to accept that 18/19 Pukki was the exception not the rule. I think Kieran Scott suggested that when we signed him we were expecting something like 10/12 goals a season from him. Maybe that is the fair expectation not the 30 he scored before. 

His current struggles are also exacerbated by the entire midfield bar Buendia offering no real goal threat. I'm sure the club would have expected more than 4 goals combined from Cantwell, Placheta, McLean and Hernandez by this point.

Totally agree with this. The striker problems seriously multiply if we do get promotion. We saw how Pukki struggled post lockdown and how there was either no Plan B and Farke stubbornly refused to give Idah a run of games for some bizarre reason. We could well start another PL season once again totally relying on Pukki. Hugill is not PL standard whilst Idah (even allowing for that four month injury layoff) still struggles to get much meaningful game time. In 'America We Trust' may be our get out of jail card but that appears wildly optimistic at best. It will be time to get the cheque book out in the summer if we do get promoted again but whether The Cook will oblige is problematic.  

17 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Who worthwile could we have attracted, with any potential signing knowing the way we play and knowing they would be starting the majority of games on the bench? We did quite well to get Hugill in, under the circumstances. I also suspect Webber and Farke had hopes of Idah that have so far not been borne out.

Isn’t enough goal threat across the team and that comes from playing 2 defensive mids EVERY game instead of just one against weaker teams. I’d rather concede a few more playing Skipp and Vrancic with Cantwell or Dowell (or Soto) in the Number 10, at least we’d score a few more!

2 hours ago, NorfBhoy66 said:

Need Hugill fit, at least he can head a ball, wide players cannot hit crosses in with Pukki on his own up front, can Farke be brave and play both of them together?

How about a top two of Hugill and Idah? Now that's a strong attacking force.

I think this ties in with the stat about us not winning without Buendia. Pukki and Buendia work best on the pitch together, with dare i say only Stieperman also having the same understand of Pukki's movement. Yesterday he had a couple of chances but nothing truly guilt edge, he actually found the balls being played in we taking him over to the right. 

Personally I hope the reintroduction of Buendia and also Stieperman soon could be the key to get him firing again. No doubt we will need to go back into the market for direct competition for him if we were to go up.

18 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hugill was playing well before he git injured...if he was fit now there'd be a genuine shout for him being first choice..

When fit for me he is first choice at the moment

Keith feels whilst it is clear others need to step up with their goal contributions, Pukki will be the difference between promotion or another season in the championship. Maybe unfair to put so much pressure on one player but Keith feels due to lack of competition thats the way it is this season. He is the talisman. Maybe for inspiration he wouldn't be amiss to try and get his hands on some old footage of Keith Scott's greatest goals in a Norwich shirt. I know what you're thinking, where to start? Well, a particular favourite of mine was Keith's stunning debut volley away at Watford back in '95. Watch and learn Teemu. Get inspired. You can do it.

Anyway, all the best.

Big Keith Scott.

I'm sorry but people pinning hopes on Idah becoming our saviour are wide of the mark. Feel he's our next Carlton Morris. Not meant to be a slight on him personally,just does'nt have the first touch required at this level.If we fail to go up Webber should have a real hard look at himself.The failure to recruit a credible alternative to Pukki,(don't feel Hugill will deliver the goals we need),is inexcusable.