Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

What excuse tonight

Too many average players starting. Plachetta, McLean and Rupp to kick it off.

Vrancic oozes class and Onel should be starting over Plachetta.

We could play all not and not score. Pukki out of form but everyone else is rubbish and not good enough. Idah needs to go on loan 

That sometimes you lose? That you can't win every game? That no team, ever in the history of the Championship has not lost a game? That we're still top (admittedly, for now at least)? You choose.

• Like 2

I know I am going to be accused of being a happy clapper and it’s clear as day that we are having a sticky patch and Swansea and Brentford are flying..... but

if we had said at the beginning of the season we would be in this position, having played all the top sides away from home with our squad pretty much all fit and getting close to match fit, then we would have taken it.

I think there are sparks of life in there, our football had become too passive, we needed a jolt of having to go after games again. I genuinely think we will go all the way this season. I am going to keep the faith. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We look out of sorts.

We have not seen slick passing, control of a game all season and I dont think we have found our rhythm or the cohesion we thought we would have.

Right now looks like a lot of individuals rather than team in attack. The link and movement is not there.

Kenny made a big mistake today, 2 mins after half time you dont do that. We need to raise our game and show we can get back in to a game.

I have been waiting for a reaction from poor performances in recent games but still waiting for it.

Let’s look on the bright side. If we don’t get promoted then we avoid the angst of being stuffed most games in the PL and the inevitable relegation. The current squad is OK for the Championship but totally substandard at PL level.

The club’s self funding model works well at EFL level but to succeed in the PL big money has to be spent. It doesn’t guarantee success of course but the inability to invest significantly certainly does ensure failure.

Being able to score on a consistent basis is much more important than having a miserly defence. Our forwards are just not good enough for the PL and those that are are well above our price range.

Another bright point is that, whatever the outcome this season, we are not in Ipswich Town’s situation. 🙂

The pitch was ok, for once.  Just made a couple of unfortunate mistakes - we had enough of the play and created plenty of opportunities to have got something out of it, but they just didn’t go ‘to hand’ (in cricketing parlance).  We’re having our ‘blip’ and will hopefully come out of it soon.
We definitely need to find out shooting boots - we’ve had a fairly poor shots on target : shots in total ratio this season and it needs to improve.

Edited by Branston Pickle

as long as we rate keeping possession over trying to score we will struggle to score

if we can't walk the ball in, then we pass back and forth across the final third, or pass all the way back to Hanley/Gibson

too much 'ping' football and not enough 'putting your foot on it'

• Like 1

Passing has been poor last two games at least. The second goal tonight case in point. Starts with Gibson trying to play a crossfield pass that nearly goes out for a corner. Then McClean gives the ball straight to them and they score. 

• Like 2

Just now, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Had nothing to do with Emi not playing...we were just bang average against a better team

Many would disagree with that. We are half the team without Buendia.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Had nothing to do with Emi not playing...we were just bang average against a better team

We were bang average against a better team, yes. That has a lot to do with Buendia, because he's the man that turns us from a good team into an excellent one.

• Like 1

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

We were bang average against a better team, yes. That has a lot to do with Buendia, because he's the man that turns us from a good team into an excellent one.

Problem is we play one way...no other plan to fall back on. Farke needs to look at this but he won't. Far too many short balls by us in the game as well. 

• Like 1

Appalling. How dare we lose a game. Surely we should be winning all of them by a 3 or 4 goal margin!! First league defeat since Boxing Day

9 minutes ago, NFN FC said:

Global warming

Funnily enough this HAS had something to do with some of our recent poor performances on cabbage patch pitches (not tonight though). 

Just now, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Problem is we play one way...no other plan to fall back on. Farke needs to look at this but he won't. Far too many short balls by us in the game as well. 

That seemed the way tonight. Always one pass too many and too often we were trying to thread the ball through the eye of a needle and the space just wasn't there. Obviously this is the way that we need to play for the most part as it suits the players we have, but sometimes you have to acknowledge that it isn't working and you need to try something a little bit different.

• Like 1

Well two mistakes and poor finishing is what cost us.

We ended up creating more than Swansea. Remember one of their goals was a goalkeeping mistake and the other from 22 yards. We had multiple opportunities from in and around the area but failed to get anything on target.

It reminded me very much of our games at the start of the season where I pointed out if we create chances and have that much of the ball eventually we will get the rewards and we went on a ridiculously good run. Play like that against one of the lesser sides and we will score a couple and rebuild the confidence of the attacking players.

Nothing to worry about or cry about.

• Like 1

To be honest there wasn't a lot between the two teams. One goalkeeper error and a misplaced ball followed by a brilliant finish. We had lots of the ball but didn't hit the target; and we had plenty of chances better than the one they scored from. They defended really well and we were a bit wasteful.

That's our hardest fixture out of the way though. We'll play a lot worse and win over the course of the remaining matches. We're still better off than in any previous season. It's a great time to be a Norwich fan. I'm a little disappointed, but genuinely excited for the next game. There were some signs of things starting to click, and Buendia is back next week.

• Like 4