lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Swansea*****

With no Onel again, Placheta and Cantwell need to up their games. Todd’s been poor the last couple of matches and Placheta completely drifts out of games. But they both have the ability so let’s see it! 

1 minute ago, Clint said:

With no Onel again, Placheta and Cantwell need to up their games. Todd’s been poor the last couple of matches and Placheta completely drifts out of games. But they both have the ability so let’s see it! 

I love Cantwell but boy it can be frustrating the way he just flops straight to the floor when the slightest breeze of wind floats past him

Come on lads! Let’s do this! Big game tonight but this is our league! We’re Norwich! It’s our f”&£ing league the championship. What’s all this “why aren’t we Swansea” “why aren’t we Brentford” Boll@£cks?! 

Why aren’t they Norwich?

Win or die!

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

Come on lads! Let’s do this! Big game tonight but this is our league! We’re Norwich! It’s our f”&£ing league the championship. What’s all this “why are we Swansea” “why aren’t we Brentford” Boll@£cks?! 

Why aren’t they Norwich?

Win or die!

Buh is on it!!!! Lads lads lads

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Come on lads! Let’s do this! Big game tonight but this is our league! We’re Norwich! It’s our f”&£ing league the championship. What’s all this “why aren’t we Swansea” “why aren’t we Brentford” Boll@£cks?! 

Why aren’t they Norwich?

Win or die!

I'll f*cking have a slice of that pie. Let's go and smash them.

• Like 2

Need to get Mr Cantwell some of these little bastards. Instead of falling to the floor like a dying zombie swan or something, just CRASH RIGHT THROUGH THE BASTARDS!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Cantwell in pole position for tonight's whipping boy from the PinkUn usuals I see.

Unless he gets us a set-piece from which we score.

I really hope Placheta is being played on the left tonight, with Todd taking up Emi's role on the right. I think that would be so much more effective than both of them on their 'wrong' side so that they're forced to come inside a lot of the time, particularly with Sorenson at left-back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Let's just hope that the boy Cantwell manages to stay on his feet tonight and doesn't try to claim that every tackle on him is a foul

It's Aarons who is our serial diver - Cantwell just loses balance due to his flapping arms

I can see a penalty tonight

2 minutes ago, Pukki Blinders said:

I really hope Placheta is being played on the left tonight, with Todd taking up Emi's role on the right. I think that would be so much more effective than both of them on their 'wrong' side so that they're forced to come inside a lot of the time, particularly with Sorenson at left-back.

Yep. Placheta should just drive low, skidding crosses in every chance he gets. Stick them in the corridor between the defence and goalie and see if Pukki's movement gets there.

• Like 1

Is Cantwell a big game Charlie?  Hopefully this top of the table clash gets his mojo working! 

Edited by shefcanary

I remember being in several pubs before Swansea away in the 18/19 season . Swansea fans , friendly and a real laugh I have to say  , reckoned they were going to beat us easily as they were easily the better passing team . That went well for them ,  we won 4-1 . 
I wonder whether they’re so confident again tonight . 

Come on City ! 
OTBC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pockthorpe said:

I remember being in several pubs before Swansea away in the 18/19 season . Swansea fans , friendly and a real laugh I have to say  , reckoned they were going to beat us easily as they were easily the better passing team . That went well for them ,  we won 4-1 . 
I wonder whether they’re so confident again tonight . 

Come on City ! 
OTBC.

Given they are 5 unbeaten as of now I would assume they are feeling rather confident

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Offered nothing in his cup game or any of his cameos so far so hardly surprising.

How many minutes has he had though?

Hope DF recognises how important it is to recognise he has 16 players at his disposal and doesn't need to wait until late on unless its to waste time.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Cantwell in pole position for tonight's whipping boy from the PinkUn usuals I see.

Gloves or no gloves........gloves

Boot colour.........mixed

Hair......bouffant 

Edited by Van wink

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Given they are 5 unbeaten as of now I would assume they are feeling rather confident

We're six unbeaten with five clean sheets. Up and at 'em.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I hope so .  Bring it on then !! 

27 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean I said I love him so what's the issue?

Have you ever considered that it might not all be about you.....................? 😉

Edited by Thirsty Lizard

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Who cares about the dying minutes of a game Lincoln have clearly won???

Oh yeah, 8:15 kickoff 😳

I think Placheta is a bit lonely. He trudges around looking miserable a lot of the time. Looks like a man who needs a maid to cheer him up & boost his self confidence.