lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Swansea*****

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This is it. Zero threat over playing and nobody really taking any responsibility. Several times we try and find pukki with a slide rule pass when a shot could have come. 

can’t see us scoring, this one is already gone. We are predictable, teams have worked us out. 

We have no plan B or alternative plan from the start!

There is still 45 minutes. So it's not over yet.

You wouldn't leave at HT if you were in the ground?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pukki Blinders said:

Buendia missing is seriously costing us. There's so much space at times in the Swansea final third but we lack someone with that vision or urgency to make something happen. Swansea really are nothing special based off what we've seen so far but our front 4 just don't seem to have the creativity to break them down.

What a frustrating way to concede though. With 3 minutes to go til half-time you would've just been saying don't do anything stupid, get in at the break 0-0 and with the players we can bring off the bench there's no doubt we can cause problems in the 2nd half. Of all the players to make a mistake it would be Tim Krul. Going to be a real uphill struggle from here on out. 

In my mind we have already lost. Im really hoping we pull it around but.. 3 matches 1 shot on target away from home agaianst the team that has won the most matches of any team after going ahead.

We need the old Norwich second half miricle magic

Farke needs to brave now. I think he needs to change the system, maybe three at the back, bring Vrancic on and play him deeper, something different. Were too predictable, and theres only one outcome if nothing changes.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Unfortunately Pukki has had a couple of half chances he would have nailed previously, and that can make all the difference in games like this.

Plenty of time to get back into this one however, just not sure if we really have the weapons to break Swansea down.

Swansea are no Brentford. We can still get something from this.

Farke is going to have to be proactive though. We're playing ok but ok is not good enough.

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We've played well. Created about as much as Swansea. Much better than Tuesday. But I know how people can't handle emotions during a game so I'll let everyone have their little cry.

I don't think it's fair having a go at people 'crying' when you yourself whine about other posters on here every match thread whether we win, lose or draw.

You'll like a pound shop Jerrykerry at times.

OTBC

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Farke needs to brave now. I think he needs to change the system, maybe three at the back, bring Vrancic on and play him deeper maybe. 

Or he could make three changes in the 85th minute as he tends to do 🙃

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

There is still 45 minutes. So it's not over yet.

You wouldn't leave at HT if you were in the ground?

Hello Sonyc,

Hope all is well with you.

100% agree. Been a very even game so far. Got to up the tempo and get at them.

OTBC

Toothless and not enough pace up front, AGAIN. If we’re missing Buendia and that’s the excuse then we’re in trouble because his disciplinary record and links to EPL teams means he won’t be here forever. Need to see more from Todd, Placheta, Kenny. If they’re not capable of producing more, sub them off and change things up!

4 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Are you watching through those yellow glasses again? We all know you have never criticised even when we lost 7-1 at home.

You are not a better supporter. You just can't see the wood.

Weird how all the neutrals are calling it an incredibly even game. Their goal came from a goalkeeper mistake. Weve created just as much.

Nothing to do with being a better supporter, more to do with not being completely brain dead and able to be a little less emotionally triggered.

I trust farke to show he is no one trick pony!.

He will have to change that opinion about he and his team's though, it anything we are predictable.

I think we have looked composed and solid and generally played well. Swansea have given us space when moving forward BUT the final ball has been poor. Placheta does not seem up to it and Pukki still looks out of sorts. Still quite capable of earning a point. Early subs should be inevitable although not convinced they will make much of an impact. Entertaining game. Hanley immense.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Weird how all the neutrals are calling it an incredibly even game. Their goal came from a goalkeeper mistake. Weve created just as much.

Nothing to do with being a better supporter, more to do with not being completely brain dead and able to be a little less emotionally triggered.

I like you but that doesn't sound like the post of someone who isn't 'emotionally triggered.'

9 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Start Soto up top next match 😉

That'd be the Soto who didn't score for our U23s tonight in their match against Fulham U23s. (And I've noted the winky smiley, but some people will think you're being serious). 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, hogesar said:

We've played well. Created about as much as Swansea. Much better than Tuesday. But I know how people can't handle emotions during a game so I'll let everyone have their little cry.

I actually agree we've played ok and are unlucky to be behind.

But how are you at handling emotions when fans get concerned about only have 4 shots on target in three and a half games? We'll just let you have your little cry.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Haven't looked like scoring for four games now.

3.5...but yes it’ll probably be four

And emi has only been involved in about 90 minutes total during that time (60 mins before being sent off + 30 mins in the cup) - hard to believe it’s a coincidence at this point. Hopefully he doesn’t get himself sent off anymore this season, or injured god forbid.  

We shouldn’t be losing, it was a Krul **** up. But as I said before the match, we need more from Cantwell and Placheta. Neither have done a great deal and the latter nothing.

Just now, hogesar said:

So you are the Godhead with the only correct opinion? Of course the game was even. But we want us to win. And we don't look like doing. 

To be honest, you are like a child with your opinions.