lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Swansea*****

4 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Class goal not much you can do about that one.

Punch the ball away would be one thing you could do. 

As another said, however, Krul is human. He makes very few mistakes but is bound to make one every now and again.

If you didn’t have to score we would be world beaters as it is we just look so toothless it’s unbelievable.

• Like 2

Slow and pedestrian with next to no goal threat. Without Emi we are utterly average going forwards. 

10 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

How was Hourihane not booked there? The cynical foul, kicking the ball away? What’s he got to do to get a card?!

This is why we get frustrated with referees isnt it............... nothing difficult about it, simple yellow card..........and it isn't given ;(

Same problems as the last 3 games - no urgency, poor passing, no running off the ball, no creativity, no shots and no goals

Apart from that we're doing ok

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

WE HAD A SHOT ON TARGET

I REPEAT

3 MATCHES IN AND WE HAVE A SHOT ON TARGET

Other than that should be going in 0-0. Very Krul ending.

Don't be a pr*ck tease. Don't ask us if you should turn off if you are not going to pay attention to our unanimous answer.

Even though being that one gifted goal behind, I think it has been decent performance so far. We seem more dangerous offensively today, just need to get shots on goal. Kenny's movement and workrate opens lots more space for Pukki and Cantwell.

Placheta seems bit lost somehow.

We will score today!

2 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Watch it again Ian.

Reasonable finish, but the chance was presented to them on a plate.

Hernandez on for rupp, cantwell behind pukki. McLean could make an appearance. He's been awful

I'm a wholehearted supporter of Farke ball...

but when we're one down and there's 15 seconds left of extra time, just get a couple of bodies in the box and #@'/ing lump it, instead of going backwards, almost entirely pointlessly.  (I say 'almost' as I accept that retaining possession means we can't be 2-0 down...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxy2600 said:

Play-offs 

If we are Lucky 

Here we go 😆

Been a very even game, we’ve shaded the possession, they’ve looked slightly more dangerous but didn’t manage to create a whole lot.

That Krul has now gifted them goal is nothing against the performance.

Why you think that now renders us play-off fodder I am not sure? 

Let’s not forget we’re missing our star player in Buendia too. 

• Like 2

We've played well. Created about as much as Swansea. Much better than Tuesday. But I know how people can't handle emotions during a game so I'll let everyone have their little cry.

• Like 1

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Buendia was always going to be a big miss but Farke has turned it into a bigger one than it needed to be by replacing him with Placheta in these two games

There’s a few having poorer games than Placheta. 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

Lots of intricate play but no threat.

This is it. Zero threat over playing and nobody really taking any responsibility. Several times we try and find pukki with a slide rule pass when a shot could have come. 

can’t see us scoring, this one is already gone. We are predictable, teams have worked us out. 

We have no plan B or alternative plan from the start!

Just now, hogesar said:

We've played well. Created about as much as Swansea. Much better than Tuesday. But I know how people can't handle emotions during a game so I'll let everyone have their little cry.

We’ve played average at best.

1 minute ago, Hardhouse44 said:

This is it. Zero threat over playing and nobody really taking any responsibility. Several times we try and find pukki with a slide rule pass when a shot could have come. 

can’t see us scoring, this one is already gone. We are predictable, teams have worked us out. 

We have no plan B or alternative plan from the start!

And even when Pukki get's the ball he fires it wide. I miss the old Pukki..

Buendia missing is seriously costing us. There's so much space at times in the Swansea final third but we lack someone with that vision or urgency to make something happen. Swansea really are nothing special based off what we've seen so far but our front 4 just don't seem to have the creativity to break them down.

What a frustrating way to concede though. With 3 minutes to go til half-time you would've just been saying don't do anything stupid, get in at the break 0-0 and with the players we can bring off the bench there's no doubt we can cause problems in the 2nd half. Of all the players to make a mistake it would be Tim Krul. Going to be a real uphill struggle from here on out. 

Platcheta is just not ready for this level....

Pukki is not Pukki anymore...

McLean has just conceded possession at will.   

Skipp magnificent!

Q.   Will Farke react now?   Onel and Adam in for PP and McLean or Rupp.    

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Are you watching through those yellow glasses again? We all know you have never criticised even when we lost 7-1 at home.

You are not a better supporter. You just can't see the wood.

Edited by keelansgrandad
  • Like 1