Sign in to follow this  
Clint

Home Shirt

I wasn’t going to bother this season as we’re not going to games but given the online sale, I thought I’d treat myself to a new shirt. I’m quite superstitious with football also so hoping it brings some luck tonight! My Pukki Xmas jumper had 7 wins out of 7 until the Barnsley match so I thought it was time for a change....

Anyhow, it’s actually a lot nicer ‘in the flesh’ than what I thought it would be but it’s a bit on the big side.  Just wondering if this is other people’s experience? It’s very ‘hangy’ and has very little shape to it.  Is this because they want us to now pay the extra for the player fit one if we want a more fitted shirt?

4 minutes ago, Clint said:

I wasn’t going to bother this season as we’re not going to games but given the online sale, I thought I’d treat myself to a new shirt. I’m quite superstitious with football also so hoping it brings some luck tonight! My Pukki Xmas jumper had 7 wins out of 7 until the Barnsley match so I thought it was time for a change....

Anyhow, it’s actually a lot nicer ‘in the flesh’ than what I thought it would be but it’s a bit on the big side.  Just wondering if this is other people’s experience? It’s very ‘hangy’ and has very little shape to it.  Is this because they want us to now pay the extra for the player fit one if we want a more fitted shirt?

I'd be interested to know sizing as well, as I'm considering getting one for the first time in over a decade (when they stopped being used for two seasons). I'm right in the middle between M and L for tshirts, so if your experience is right and they're a little on the big size, Medium should be perfect.

I take it you don't get the season ticket discount on top of the 30%? Is that wishful thinking on my part.

Edited by canarydan23

20 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I'd be interested to know sizing as well, as I'm considering getting one for the first time in over a decade (when they stopped being used for two seasons). I'm right in the middle between M and L for tshirts, so if your experience is right and they're a little on the big size, Medium should be perfect.

I take it you don't get the season ticket discount on top of the 30%? Is that wishful thinking on my part.

I've been losing weight over the last year and am currently in the same boat as you. In between M and L - I bought this year's third shirt in medium and it's a good fit. I intend on losing a bit more weight which is why I went for M instead of staying cautious and going for an L but medium fits as it is.

No additional discount sadly but at least it’s free P&P.

Mine fits ok around the chest and arms (although not as snug as usual) but then hangs off me and is quite long. Definately a different cut to previous years, given that I’m sure I’ve put on weight since buying last seasons so it should be less baggy not more!!!

It's been my impression that the home shirt this year is a bit boxier than football shirts normally are, so it's interesting to hear that it might actually be the case.

Personally I was bought the beautiful third shirt for Christmas and that feels similar to a player-fit shirt I have from a few years ago. At any rate a compelling reason not to put the weight back on!

1 hour ago, Clint said:

No additional discount sadly but at least it’s free P&P.

Mine fits ok around the chest and arms (although not as snug as usual) but then hangs off me and is quite long. Definately a different cut to previous years, given that I’m sure I’ve put on weight since buying last seasons so it should be less baggy not more!!!

Most people don't do justice to a Bradley Wiggins fit.

Best to have a bit of slack.

7 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Not sure of the sizes now, from previous experience a Normal L is XXXL in football shirts