horsefly

India v England

12 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

First victory in the third test WE WON THE TOSS 👍 

Blimey, you got something right!

Some not very good batting, but no pitch should spin this much on day 1. Doesn't make for an interesting competition. Perhaps Archer can knock a few of them out. 

Oh dear! 3rd umpire making a very quick decision yet again without waiting to see other angles. Just not good enough.

Jesus! did you see the amount of dust just brushed off the pitch, half a bucket full, leaving whopping holes in the surface.

Root 3 wickets for no runs. Great bowling but what a dreadful pitch. What's the point of producing a pitch that spins this much on the morning of day 2? Test cricket is supposed to be a five day challenge. I would rather see a genuine competition than this lottery.

4 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Root 3 wickets for no runs. Great bowling but what a dreadful pitch. What's the point of producing a pitch that spins this much on the morning of day 2? Test cricket is supposed to be a five day challenge. I would rather see a genuine competition than this lottery.

Great reply from England but fully agree about the pitch.This looks like a day 5 pitch, exciting stuff nonetheless 

Root three overs three maidens........... no runs for three wickets 😀

Edited by Van wink

Skill rather than luck should determine the outcome of a test. This match could potentially be over by the end of day 2, shocking!

The match is rapidly descending into a very bad joke. I just hope someone can find a way to play on this dreadful pitch to save the game's reputation.

Edited by horsefly

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

One batsman getting a decent knock could win this for either side

At the current rate of progress it looks like we might lose by an innings...................

(What an absolute joke of a pitch).

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

At the current rate of progress it looks like we might lose by an innings...................

(What an absolute joke of a pitch).

Its impossible isnt it, lots of turn then some going straight on...how do you play that?

I'm bemused by the Indian commentators describing this as "brilliant" bowling. FFS Root got 5 for 8; as much as I love Root those figures would be unimaginable on a half-way decent pitch. But this pitch isn't even 10% decent and the batsman's skill is irrelevant to the "contest". It's nothing more than a lottery for the batter, and all the spin bowler has to do is land the ball on the pitch and wait for a wicket. The greatest sporting contest on earth (Test cricket) is being reduced to a joke. If the next pitch is anything like this I would bring the lads back home and not insult their or the fans' time with this charade.

India started today on 99-3, so 46-7 on this “day 2” pitch. England now 77-7 on the same day 2 pitch. 

That’s 123-14 in one day, 7 wickets a piece, between two top test match sides. That ain’t to do with good bowling or bad batting.

Edited by Aggy
46-7 not 56-7

They should call this the Princess Diana Stadium as it's like playing on a minefield.

A test match that doesn't last 2 days. It should be utterly embarrassing for the Indian cricket authorities. I can't believe that the commentators keep describing this as exciting; it's anything but. At last I've just heard Cook admit that it's impossible to bat on.