horsefly

India v England

To be fair, we did win something like 5 tests in a row until the last three! India are one of the best teams out there especially in India.

That said when Joe Root looks like your best spin option then there’s no point playing Leach or Bess both look very poor as test match players.

We have some good young batsmen but yet again show they can’t play spin, something which we’ve always struggled with. Pretty poor form with little backbone in the last three tests.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

To be fair, we did win something like 5 tests in a row until the last three! India are one of the best teams out there especially in India.

That said when Joe Root looks like your best spin option then there’s no point playing Leach or Bess both look very poor as test match players.

We have some good young batsmen but yet again show they can’t play spin, something which we’ve always struggled with. Pretty poor form with little backbone in the last three tests.

Yep! we shouldn't get over excited. Two of those defeats were on two of the most dreadful pitches ever played on. On the two decent pitches we schooled them in the first test, they trounced us in the other.  

Yes. Fully makes up for the lack of Championship football this week-end. Should be a fabulous game against two equally talented sides.

I fancy the Indians to sneak it, simply because I do not think our bowling attack is at it's best. Wood should be back, but the Cullam bothers strike me as examples of Botham's "bit and pieces players." The youngest is 22 so there's time on his side, but I'd prefer Woakes to either. Willey too, I suppose. It is marginal, as usual, with this current need for 'resting' clouding the issues. I believe Archer is injured?

Buttler is due a big score.

9am our time. They don't change the clocks in India. My mistake as usual and could have had another hour!

Edited by BroadstairsR

Well!

What a let down.

How can the World's number one ODI team suddenly produce such a weak bowling attack?

No menace, no wicket takers and expensive to boot..

It's now 100% upon the batsmen to play out of their skins.

Clearly the Indians wanted it more than us.

329 not a bad outcome in the end. Pitch looks alright to go at a good rate,  looked like India were going to get (should have got?) 350 plus, so I reckon we’ll fancy our chances.

Yep, like England in the first game,  they started off like a house on fire and then threw it away.

Considering our bowling attack we have to be happy with that.

Set up well and we could hardly ask for a better contest.

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

No menace, no wicket takers and expensive to boot..

Things that aged well 😉

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Things that aged well 😉

I think that in ODI you need to take one or two wickets in the first ten to put the batting side on the back foot from the outset.

None of the 'available' opening bowlers used today achieved that.

Web needed Rashid for that important breakthrough, a bit belatedly though.

India ended up with a high total ... even without using their overs up.

Its not wine, Its cricket.

Edited by BroadstairsR

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

Great effort by Curran, if only one of Ali, Malan and Livingstone could have stuck around a bit longer.

They did their best to gift it to us, never seen so many straight forward catches go down