India v England

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Missed all the action. 😳

Well done England. Brilliant result. 

It really was a top-notch performance.

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

England were also 'awesome to watch'. 

English timidity & caution is so much better than the Aussie version. 😀

What a prat! Seems one man's "timid and cautious" is another man's "intelligent and dominant". Gobby Shane never needs to fear that the appelation "intelligent" will be one that he'll ever be expected to live up to.

Amazing all round performance- how is Jimmy still this good? This wasn't a game where the losing team bet themselves with silly wickets and poor bowling- we were just better in  every facet of the game.

23 hours ago, Bill said:

no, do explain

Assuming this a sincere question...

A team can end their innings at any point by 'declaring' rather than waiting for their batsmen to get out. So Swindo was right we could have declared and put India in to bat at any point. 

3 hours ago, Herman said:

Missed all the action. 😳

Well done England. Brilliant result. 

I am just waking up as I didn’t lol. 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Amazing all round performance- how is Jimmy still this good? This wasn't a game where the losing team bet themselves with silly wickets and poor bowling- we were just better in  every facet of the game.

Quite incredible that Anderson still looks to how he might improve. What an athlete and an example to others.

Shout out to Leach and Bess too. Interesting how they contribute in each respective innings... A proper team performance.

4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Quite incredible that Anderson still looks to how he might improve. What an athlete and an example to others.

Shout out to Leach and Bess too. Interesting how they contribute in each respective innings... A proper team performance.

Yeah especially as Leach started off getting hit our of the park- great mental strength to come back from that. I'm not sure I see either of them developing into top level spinners but they can do a job for now.

3 hours ago, Well b back said:

I am just waking up as I didn’t lol. 

Woke up to 6 down. Nothing happened while I had breakfast. Drove to work, switched on radio to hear the last wicket fall. 😳😀

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

Woke up to 6 down. Nothing happened while I had breakfast. Drove to work, switched on radio to hear the last wicket fall. 😳😀

Lol

It got boring ( as an England follower ) around 6 wickets, you needed to be before or after.

59 minutes ago, Herman said:

Woke this, woke that.

This is a cricket thread, keep your woke SJW stuff to yourself!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Woke this, woke that.

This is a cricket thread, keep your woke SJW stuff to yourself!

Bet he met a lot of snowflakes on his way to work too. The basta*rds are everywhere.

2 hours ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

clean bowled and he stood his ground!!

WG Grace when being clean bowled once bent down and put the bails back on and said the wind blew them off. He stayed in. BBC said this morning.

26 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

2nd Test and England will find this difficult having lost the toss

Blimey! something I agree with swindon on. What a great unifying game cricket is. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SHRIMPER said:

WG Grace when being clean bowled once bent down and put the bails back on and said the wind blew them off. He stayed in. BBC said this morning.

Can't remember if that's the same incident where he told the umpire that the crowd had come to see him bat and not the umpire officiate and refused to walk off.

Edited by horsefly

Just now, horsefly said:

Can't remember if that's the same incident where he told the unpire that the crowd had come to see him bat and not the umpire officiate and refused to walk off.

Trumpian

This is going to be an expensive final session, need a wicket.

Are the pitches supposed to churn up that easily?? Could have done some real damage with that.🥴