Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

EMBARASSED BY THUGS IN THE N&P LOWER

having taken my wife to todays game, she is an ipswich fan thats her choice, i was embarassed by the behaviour of some of the fans in front of me in the N&P lower when ipswich scored. these two particular gentlemen were an absolute disgrace hurling abuse towards ipswich fans for celebrating in front of us and threatening to get the scum as they called them if the stewards didnt. whilst i understand their frustration, the ipswich fans were simply celebrating and what is wrong with that? we all did when we scored. thankfully my wife was not subjected to too much abuse just friendly banter but these two thugs were a disgrace. there are enough problems on the pitch without adding to it off it.

Away fans sitting with the home fans should be very discreet. Fair enough if you choose to support Ipswich, but you have to understand by sitting in the home section  you imply you are a home supporter. If you''re not then be discreet; I doubt anyone minds a discreet away fan. But we had someone who was genuinely inciting the home fans after they scored in the Jarrold and he got thrown out - rightly so. Fans like that, that do celebrate exuberantly in front of home fans should be removed - if not, as you put it losing your seat could be the least of their worries.

if people sat in the correct stand this wouldn''t happen.
in my view, good on those fans for telling the $cum were to go.
If you have to sit in home stand like my coventry supporting uncle did you shouldnt show any wild emotion.

I find it rather sad that fans cant mix with any degreeof tolerance - it happens in other sports but not football apparently 

So how do you think the Ipswich fans would react if a Norwich fan sat in their home stand and celebrated when Norwich scored.

Sitting amongst rival fans and celebrating goals in the derby match - what a couple of numpties!

Can you imagine the reverse down at Portman Road - what would you expect the response to be?

No i say good on the so-called ''thugs''. It all adds to the heightened atmosphere and what type of emotions do you expect on derby day. For fans they are the biggest games of the season.

Maybe if your wife sat in the right stand then you wouldn''t have had this problem.

I find it very sad that there appears to be more support for thuggish behaviour rather than condemning it. Perhaps these are the same people who threatened Fabian Wilnis and his family, or at least felt that was acceptable behaviour too?

I can remember some VERY irritating Fulham supporters that sat immediately behind me in the Upper river End (N&P) when Fulham trounced us. Of course I wanted to be rude to them but what would that achieve? Stewards could be quicker at responding to celebrating away fans in home sections of the ground and I do agree that they should not really be allowed in these areas. However, it happens and we should show that Norwich fans are the best, not resort to the behaviour of other so called supporters.

The "Thugs" have my 100% backing as well - in fact if I''d seen scummer fans celebrating in a home section I would have behaved in exactly the same way.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]The "Thugs" have my 100% backing as well - in fact if I''d seen scummer fans celebrating in a home section I would have behaved in exactly the same way.[/quote]

Maybe you could have taken your pitchfork so you could have chased theses fans "off your land". 

I really don''t see why fans can''t/won''t integrate during a game of football?  It''s a rivalry between two football teams not WWI trench warfare!  Or are you telling me that you guys don''t get on with anyone who supports a different football team?

watching the superbowl last night.. Seahawks and Steelers fans mixed together amicably, sharing stands etc for the biggest single sports event in the world.. theres never one jot of trouble there...

why cant football be the same?

jas :)

Your post is bang out of order, I had two Watford fans in front of me in the jarrold a few wks ago, tops and hats on provoking fans thru out the game, in the end there was a nasty incident at full time involving these two clowns and a pleb Norwich fan who admitted to buying tickets for these two Watford loons, a melee between two decent Norwich fans and the two Watford fans and their Norwich buddy.

Could this have been avoided , yes as the Norwich fan should have his season ticket taking off him for buying tickets for away fans, especially as there were plenty of gaps in there own end.

Secondly what are the stewards paid for as these two both had Watford shirts on along with their Watford beanies, i thought the policy was visiting fans in home areas will be ejected.

Both stewards who eventually came to split the melee up then tried to blame the two Norwich lads, at this point i had to tell the stewards exactly what i thought of them., not repeatable on here!

AWAY FANS STAY OUT OF HOME AREAS, CLEAR ENOUGH?

macdougall''s perm, to be very very polite myself, it''s only a naive attitude because a large number of football fans tend to leave there brains at the turnstiles.  It''s a sporting event and as others have stated fans manage to integrate well in other sports.  You never see massive fights at cricket yet fans spend all day drinking while they are watching it.

It may be naive but Baldyboy is right.  The level of tolerance on this board and amongst football in general is shocking.

I am a Norwich fan and my fiance is an Ipswich fan. Why is some Norwich fans reckon i am mad for wanting  to marry an Ipswich fan. There is more to life than football.My coat actually has a Norwich pin badge as well as an ipswich pin badge on it.

I actually agree with you, I was just pointing out the situation as I saw it in relation to yesterdays game. I just don''t buy the idea that it is something wrong with our club in particular and that somehow Ipswich fans are more gracious - hence Baldyboys assertion that he was personally embarrased by this behaviour. He has a problem with a certain element amongst football fans in general, not our fans in particular - this was my point. And if you don''t accept this point, just go and try cheering for us scoring in the middle of the North stand at Poorman Rd next derby day. Then I believe you will soon find out who is being naive and who is being realistic. And I bet that they won''t care whether they are very, very polite or not. [:)]   

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]The "Thugs" have my 100% backing as well - in fact if I''d seen scummer fans celebrating in a home section I would have behaved in exactly the same way.[/quote]

Maybe you could have taken your pitchfork so you could have chased theses fans "off your land". 

I really don''t see why fans can''t/won''t integrate during a game of football?  It''s a rivalry between two football teams not WWI trench warfare!  Or are you telling me that you guys don''t get on with anyone who supports a different football team?

[/quote]

I think you have a rather utopian vision of how football fans SHOULD behave, SC. Unfortunately, as we all know, in the real world football fans misbehave from time to time, and certainly if there was no segregation in place at stadia you would see frequent near riot situations at matches up and down the land. Can you imagine no segregation at Old Firm or Arsenal v Tottenham fixtures? The mind boggles! By the same token, how you can expect Norwich and Ipswich fans to share the same section of a stand in peaceful harmony is beyond me. People are passionate about football and tempers rise in the heat of the battle. Why do you think segregation even exists - just for the hell of it?

I can''t believe how stupid fans can be what do you expect in a local

derby ,like it or not both sets of fans HATE each other it is as simple

as that ,they were just asking for trouble IMO.

I''m sorry but are you so far up your own backside that you somehow think that putting an ipswich fan, right in the middle of city supporters, on derby day, and then celebrating - that this isn''t going to cause a problem?

You must be effing stupid mate. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, that is football, you aren''t going to change it.

I have been in the home end many times watching Norwich play away, when I couldn''t get tickets for the away end.  At these, I have always shown respect to the home fans, at their ground  and sat on my hands and kept my mouth shut.  The only exception to this being Fulham when we were 5-0 down (sung solo OTBC).

Any idiot in the home end of a passionate local derby who decides to cheer when the scum score deserves whatever they get - unless of course we want to sanitise football and take away the passion that I for one love.

You can never defend aggressive and violent behaviour but I think there is a big difference between sneaking into the home stands (done it myself at a number of grounds over the years), sitting on your hands biting your lip when your team score and leaping for joy and waving flags. If you openly celebrate a goal in the wrong section of the stadium you are deliberately provoking people who have not paid for that just as like when an opposition player punches his fist at the opposition fans post scoring ... the player and the fans should be seriously reprimanded.

It,s of no importance, and people who are sportsmen or women, should be able to applaud good football from where ever it comes and from whom.  I watched and appreciated the footballing lesson give to our proven, much better players, by some Ipswich has beens, and youthful players who just simply applied themselves to the job in hand.

Apart from a handball Ipswich were much the better side overall.  As Worthy would say, they worked harder at the game in hand , from whatever position they were played in. 

Our supporters just seem repeatedly to come up with a bundle of reasons and excuses for our underperforming spoilt players.

Worthy just calmly said he expected that his side would just go out there and produce what they produce on the training ground.  What on earth more is needed to produce effort from a group of grown up players, other than self pride and the willpower?  Among other things, this is what was said by Adams on radio Norfolk''s Phone in,  and it really is as simple as that.  OTBC!!!

Apart from one or two posts, this thread is an embarrassment to the Human Race.

Why should we accept that "this is football" and you''re not going to change it. Why is it just football that you have these problems? And how can you hate someone just because they come from or support Ipswich. It''s like a pantomime.

Some of you need to get a life away from football and look at what''s happening in the world around you.

btw I am a season ticket holder for some years and also was aware of the incident that''s been mentioned.