Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Daniel answers the critics..

Absolute legend. I would love to have a beer with him as he always talks sense.

I agree wholeheartedly with almost everything he says. Too many people get too caught up in the "we're amazing" after we win and "we're awful" after we don't win; there is a middle ground where sense is, some should really try to look for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, All the Germans said:

Absolute legend. I would love to have a beer with him as he always talks sense.

I agree wholeheartedly with almost everything he says. Too many people get too caught up in the "we're amazing" after we win and "we're awful" after we don't win; there is a middle ground where sense is, some should really try to look for it.

And i'm learning to just accept that people say silly over-reactionary stuff directly after a result, but what I struggle with is a couple days after where people are still ridiculously OTT

8 hours ago, hogesar said:

Y'know, sometimes comments like that come across poorly on a forum so I've probably got it wrong, but it sounds like you'd rather be proven right than your club be successful. 🙃

No not at all I've admitted I'm wrong loads of times on here but I do say it as I see it. I wish Farke would be honest and say we don't  force saves from the opposition keeper enough and midfield don't chip in enough goals or whatever the case may be and that he is addressing it. I think to say the lads are doing great is a bit over stated so are we going to continue shots on target stats of nil or 1 per game? that's not good enough. I thought we are aspiring to be a premier league team, we would get crucified again. We created one chance against Middlesbrough, Placheta was the only player trying to create space for shot against Millwall and he did force the keeper into a couple of saves but Pukki and others were just running down blind alleys and Millwall are a mid table average team.  

I love this club I want them to be successful, come on Mr nice guy Farke get your lads working the keeper rather than trying to walk in a perfect goal.

4 hours ago, Jerrykerry said:

Won't stop the moaning turds on this forum.

Never seen a forum so full of unrealistic, delusional, schizophrenic posters.

But you then wouldn't  have the opportunity to get your dictionary of rude derogetory words out, can you play a different record love or do you just copy and paste replies. 

2 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I think to say the lads are doing great is a bit over stated

Before the season started, if someone offered every fan of NCFC (including yourself) to be in the position we are in right now at this point in the campaign, we'd have torn their hands off... That to me would be a pretty strong indicator that actually we have done pretty great overall!

You seem to be really focusing on our last two games for all of your criticisms, but if you listened to Farke's comments he did mention the season is a marathon, not a sprint. So it seems harsh to forget our prior 25ish performances, which overall sees us top for most meaningful attacking stats in terms of shots, chances created, shots on target etc etc. Converting those meaningful attacking stats into actual goals has of course been an issue - but you appear to be finding criticisms way beyond this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Before the season started, if someone offered every fan of NCFC (including yourself) to be in the position we are in right now at this point in the campaign, we'd have torn their hands off... That to me would be a pretty strong indicator that actually we have done pretty great overall!

You seem to be really focusing on our last two games for all of your criticisms, but if you listened to Farke's comments he did mention the season is a marathon, not a sprint. So it seems harsh to forget our prior 25ish performances, which overall sees us top for most meaningful attacking stats in terms of shots, chances created, shots on target etc etc. Converting those meaningful attacking stats into actual goals has of course been an issue - but you appear to be finding criticisms way beyond this. 

A lot of fans me being one thought this team would shift up through the gears as the season went on but we don't seem to have another gear. I really only see one major problem (shots on target) in a lot of games is very low and for that I'm concerned, but yes its brilliant we are top of the championship but I get the feeling we are punching above our weight. Even farke stated his objective is only top 6. I think he see's a problem that he can't fix so a few little excuses started to surface.

Edited by Mullet

44 minutes ago, Mullet said:

A lot of fans me being one thought this team would shift up through the gears as the season went on but we don't seem to have another gear. I really only see one major problem (shots on target) in a lot of games is very low and for that I'm concerned that yes its brilliant we are top of the championship but I get the feeling we are punching above our weight. Even farke stated his objective is only top 6. I think he see's a problem that he can't fix so a few little excuses started to surface.

But as recently as the Bristol game (2 league games ago) we’d hit our highest gear of the season. Unfortunately since then we’ve had to make a few changes in the side (Buendia sent off, McLean out, Sorenson out) and tried to bring back some players after long lay offs as well as a new signing. Tie that with a couple of tough fixtures and we’ve lost a bit of momentum. However I don’t think we can draw anything more than that right now.

And on the ‘top 6’ comment, I think we all know it’s be a huge disappointment to drop out of the top 2 by the end of the season- for Farke as much as anyone. He is merely pointing out that top 6 was the aim pre season and that we have surpassed expectations up to this point.