Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Daniel answers the critics..

He's right of course, the players are doing great....but it was still a dire match against Millwall and the players will need to respond to that on Friday.  To my mind the pitch was a huge factor on Tuesday, plus the defensive way Millwall played, so if the pitch is better against Swansea and the Swansea team try to play football, then that will help us look like our better selves as a team and should be a much better match to watch.  Everything to play for....and DF is still the man!

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 2

Reminds me of a story my old physio explained. He's a Grimsby Town fan, and during one season when they were non-league, they were not in great form and the manager went off on one saying that Grimsby fans were spoiled.

Anyway, next match, getting dicked 4-0 by Halifax, I think, and some wit in the crowd starts up the chant "We're f-u-c-k-i-n-g spoiled (yeah, they actually used "spoiled" instead of s*h*i*t).

• Haha 1

I wish I had Daniel Farke's optimism. I think he's a bit deluded and obviously won't criticise his players or himself, but we only have one decent striker at the club and he is not in form. We don't create enough chances and our shots on target statistic is terrible hence we are not scoring. It's almost like Farke needs to set a target for the players to get more shots off and work the keeper more. I've watched the Vrancic chance against Middlesbrough over and over he had amazing skill to get himself 6 yards out with an open goal and then panicked and fu@ked it wide. With our limit of one striker at the club we need our midfield players to work the keeper also, we can't rely so heavily on an out of form Pukki. We are in a mini slump and a few of our players are off simultaneously but obviously Farke can't admit it publicly. I hope things change soon or we might have the horror of the play off's. 

Edited by Mullet
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Reminds me of a story my old physio explained. He's a Grimsby Town fan, and during one season when they were non-league, they were not in great form and the manager went off on one saying that Grimsby fans were spoiled.

Anyway, next match, getting dicked 4-0 by Halifax, I think, and some wit in the crowd starts up the chant "We're f-u-c-k-i-n-g spoiled (yeah, they actually used "spoiled" instead of s*h*i*t).

How does it remind you of that?

Were they TOTL too?

Were we dicked 4-0?

Don't see it TGS 🙃

17 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I wish I had Daniel Farke's optimism. I think he's a bit deluded and obviously won't criticise his players or himself, but we only have one decent striker at the club and he is not in form. We don't create enough chances and our shots on target statistic is terrible hence we are not scoring. It's almost like Farke needs to set a target for the players to get more shots off and work the keeper more. I've watched the Vrancic chance against Middlesbrough over and over he had amazing skill to get himself 6 yards out with an open goal and then panicked and fu@ked it wide. With our limit of one striker at the club we need our midfield players to work the keeper also, we can't rely so heavily on an out of form Pukki. We are in a mini slump and a few of our players are off simultaneously but obviously Farke can't admit it publicly. I hope things change soon or we might have the horror of the play off's. 

Generally speaking we create more than enough chances. The two last games aren't representative of the season and were actually one of the best in the division for chances created.

Sounds like you may be a bit more delusional than Farke who's done a great job on getting you spot on 😉

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Generally speaking we create more than enough chances. The two last games aren't representative of the season and were actually one of the best in the division for chances created.

Sounds like you may be a bit more delusional than Farke who's done a great job on getting you spot on 😉

Time will tell

7 hours ago, Mullet said:

Time will tell

Y'know, sometimes comments like that come across poorly on a forum so I've probably got it wrong, but it sounds like you'd rather be proven right than your club be successful. 🙃

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

How does it remind you of that?

Were they TOTL too?

Were we dicked 4-0?

Don't see it TGS 🙃

No, but the perception was identical - people seemed to think they should be doing better than they were, or a run of form was going to be permanent.

Consider it to be raised expectations, or indeed raised to a somewhat illogical degree.

• Like 2

We always respond under him when faced with adversary or after he gives one of these speeches, not at PL level when we just wern't good enough but in the Championship whenever he or the team gets questioned it feels like we always start to play well again. Got a feeling we're going to play pretty well tonight, we're playing a footballing side on a decent pitch and the players will be motivated against the team 3rd in the league. No Buendia is a massive loss and it severely hurts our chances of winning, but at the very least I expect us to respond and play pretty well tonight which will hopefully get us back in the groove to start winning matches again after tonight.

9 hours ago, Mullet said:

There is nothing overly optimistic about his message, you're just very pessimistic. 

There are too many bad takes in your post to get through to be honest. I think the most important question though is would you have wrote any of that after the Bristol City game just 2 league games back? Probably not I would guess?

In fact your post ironically reads like the exact type of take Fake is aiming his message at...

• Like 1

That is brilliant. You don’t have to be an eternal optimist ,pessimist or any other kind of mist to acknowledge that what he says is correct . 
And if we lose to Swansea , it won’t change the sentiment. It will mean we have lost to an inform side without Emi , Steiperman and Hugill - and others coming back possibly earlier than they should . 

Posters on here before Boro were choosing their premier league line up ,and wondering who was coming up with us . With 22 games left to play , that was nonsensical. Similarly drawing two games has lead for calls to sign Jordan Rhodes , Todd is useless (again) and we are nowhere near as good as 2018 (even though we have more points then that side did) 

Will we go up? I have no idea but we are well placed . 

best of all is his comment about outside people . How many managers and pundits have said we are the best team in the league (rhetorical question) . Are they all wrong? 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 2

Won't stop the moaning turds on this forum.

Never seen a forum so full of unrealistic, delusional, schizophrenic posters.

Edited by Jerrykerry

9 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Jerrykerry in having a pop at posters shocker !

17 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

To be fair I used to think the same but pretty much every other football forum of other clubs is very similar. I know footballs emotional but it does seem to 'unbalance' some people.

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

To be fair I used to think the same but pretty much every other football forum of other clubs is very similar. I know footballs emotional but it does seem to 'unbalance' some people.

I'd go further, sport in general does that. But you can't often have some of the best moments in sport without such rushes of emotion. That's precisely what makes it.

The problem is when it drives judgement, not influences it.

45 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Projection alert.

I hope the team turn it on tonight and Farke turns round to us all and says "there you go" because it will mean that we have won the game and played well!

But I thiought he was a bit defensive yesterday and some signs he is feeling a bit of pressure. Keeps harking back to this top 6/top 26 business which i don;t like. I said at the start of the season that anything other than promotion is failure and from the position we've got ourselves into thats certainly the case. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

I hope the team turn it on tonight and Farke turns round to us all and says "there you go" because it will mean that we have won the game and played well!

But I thiought he was a bit defensive yesterday and some signs he is feeling a bit of pressure. Keeps harking back to this top 6/top 26 business which i don;t like. I said at the start of the season that anything other than promotion is failure and from the position we've got ourselves into thats certainly the case. 

He's done it enough times to you in the past..