Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Swansea away 5.2.21 NOT on Ifollow

18 minutes ago, Haus said:

I mean, loads of things are 'illegal' 

Singing happy birthday is illegal as its copyrighted.  

Using a username that isnt your name online is 'illegal'

Being intoxicated in a public place, 

Selling things on ebay without declaring it for tax purposes.

Picking up a stone on the beach and taking it home,

Dressing in a police outfit for fancy dress

Paying with contactless on your phone at a drive thru without switching your engine off

going 1mph over the speedlimit. 

Thankyou, some common sense.

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

If only we could all be selective over which laws we care to abide by! 

We all do, pretty much every day, If you're saying you've never broken the law, you are probably lying.

1 minute ago, Haus said:

We all do, pretty much every day, If you're saying you've never broken the law, you are probably lying.

Yeah this is true- I guess my view is if you're doing that at least own it.

I got done for speeding a couple of years ago (47 coming out of a 40). Took it on the chin, did the speed awareness course, moved on. Yet you'll get plenty of people who'll moan about how unfair it is that they've been caught or how police should focus on real criminals etc etc as if they didn't know the laws existed.   

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Never ever  broken  any little law ?

Never?

Ever?

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

You just seem to be swerving the football part, on a football forum to me.  

What football part? The club is immoral in my eyes.  That doesn't mean I want to fall out with them or want to argue the point. They have decided their course and I disagree with it.

And the cry of black hole doesn't wash. Everyone is going to have one. Some a lot worse than ours.

1 minute ago, Haus said:

Agreed - but some are more 'accidental' than others. That said ignorance is no defense & you still have to pay the consequences if caught. That is where Hoggys point came in, whilst you can make your own judgement based on what you know, its irresponsible to to state factual inaccuracies when others are likely to follow your ill informed advice. What people do themselves is up to them, but because ive  always driven at 50 in a 30 and never been caught, doesn't mean I never will, and nor will you. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

I got done for speeding a couple of years ago (47 coming out of a 40). Took it on the chin, did the speed awareness course, moved on. Yet you'll get plenty of people who'll moan about how unfair it is that they've been caught or how police should focus on real criminals etc etc as if they didn't know the laws existed.   

Exactly! Own your own shoite because  everyone's smells different.  

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I own it. Or else I wouldn't have posted countless times about it. Its no use doing something and not finding an excuse. I watch streams because I choose to, based on my own morals and for reasons I have already posted.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

I own it. Or else I wouldn't have posted countless times about it. Its no use doing something and not finding an excuse. I watch streams because I choose to, based on my own morals and for reasons I have already posted.

And I fully respect your choice to do so KGD. However what you shouldnt be saying on an open forum is that its not illegal, when it is, and leading others to make an ill informed decision. 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

And I fully respect your choice to do so KGD. However what you shouldnt be saying on an open forum is that its not illegal, when it is, and leading others to make an ill informed decision. 

UK and EU it is not illegal for consumer to watch copyrighted content through a pirated stream. Note that making stream available to others, downloading content, or providing software is illegal however as a consumer watching a stream is not. It is mainly to do with fact that streaming is watching which is not illegal (only a temporary download for a very small time), however if your equipment saves a copy you could be in trouble.

In a landmark ruling in 2014, the Court of Justice of the European Union ruled that internet users who look at copyrighted material online aren't breaking the law by doing so, citing Article 5.1 of the EU Copyright Directive.

It stated that copies of copyrighted material that appear "on the users computer screen" and "in the internet 'cache' of that computer's hard disk" are "temporary" and "may therefore be made without the authorisation of the copyright holders".

20 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

When those that eat well , deny others that dont the crumbs from their  table. Humanity is in big trouble.

Would love to know how this relates to streaming football matches.

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

It seems very apt from a financial point if view. Especially if you are a season ticket holder.

4 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Greavsy, I am not getting involved in this again. There is plenty of legal opinion to say you are wrong and I am right. We are past that.

I have just responded to Ian's calm post in which we discussed the moral issue.

That went well..... 😀

Edited by ......and Smith must score.
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Is buffstream illegal?  

I want a legal professional to tell the truth.🙂

Sorry  Nesto it's all opinions so far.

43 minutes ago, king canary said:

Its an esoteric construct, a fable if you will, describing a story by relating another.

Do the fishermen resent the seagulls  that follow them for sardines? Or should they celebrate  the fact there is  plenty of fish?

Edited by wcorkcanary

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Yes. They could have waited until the end of the season. 

Why would they do that? 

At the start of the season they offered to sell you a shirt for £50. No obligation. You accepted. Your choice. 

I was also made the same offer, I declined, knowing they would be cheaper at a point later in the season, however I have an added risk, that I could have less choice by way of size of style (home away etc). 

Some people will feel the opportunity to buy at £35 is a fair one, others will wait, knowing they will (stock allowing) be able to buy at a lesser price. 

No one forced you too buy at £50 & you're happy with your purchase. That's all that matters. 

However a note for future, they ALWAYS reduce the shirts further into the season. I personally think full price is too expensive for what they are, so wait until it falls into my budget. 

How a streaming discussion got onto this I don't know, but it's still illegal, irrespective of if you're going to be realistically be charged with it.

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Its an esoteric construct, a fable if you will, describing a story by relating another.

Do the fishermen resent the seagulls  that follow them for sardines? Or should they celebrate  the fact there is  plenty of fish?

Wouldn't this would sit much better in the Brexit thread 😀😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Why would they do that? 

At the start of the season they offered to sell you a shirt for £50. No obligation. You accepted. Your choice. 

I was also made the same offer, I declined, knowing they would be cheaper at a point later in the season, however I have an added risk, that I could have less choice by way of size of style (home away etc). 

Some people will feel the opportunity to buy at £35 is a fair one, others will wait, knowing they will (stock allowing) be able to buy at a lesser price. 

No one forced you too buy at £50 & you're happy with your purchase. That's all that matters. 

However a note for future, they ALWAYS reduce the shirts further into the season. I personally think full price is too expensive for what they are, so wait until it falls into my budget. 

How a streaming discussion got onto this I don't know, but it's still illegal, irrespective of if you're going to be realistically be charged with it.

Again you're right but I have absolutely no idea why this needs spelling out to adults.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Apparently football is food for kids? Or something.

43 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Again you're right but I have absolutely no idea why this needs spelling out to adults.

Still packing in the insults. I don't kiss **** for NCFC. Delia could eat babies and you would say its the babies fault. 

We have played just over half a season and they have reduced the prices. If you think its OK, fair enough, but I shall not be buying one anymore. I think the club is morally wrong and I will make my choice as Greavsy said I could.

That is an adult argument. Not like the ones you extol after we have lost on a Saturday when everyone who dares to say we were rubbish is vilified as a cry baby. 

I am quite happy to debate with you as long as it is fair minded, adult and insult free.

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

But we are though, I'm presuming you've done at least 1 thing on Haus list, or travelled slightly over the speed limit, even in error? Did you grass yourself up? No, then that's selective on your part, Yes? Did the Police give the slightest toss? That's selective on their part. 

Everybody, every single one of us breaks some kind of law without giving a monkies toss about it. 

2 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Is buffstream illegal?  

I want a legal professional to tell the truth.🙂

And as it's illegal, why hasn't it been taken down? These sites aren't exactly difficult to find.

I realise you can't stop someone speeding or another false declaring on a tax form, you could easily close a website. Given the millions it must be costing Sky in missed revenues, I'm surprised such sites even exist.

13 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Still packing in the insults. I don't kiss **** for NCFC. Delia could eat babies and you would say its the babies fault. 

We have played just over half a season and they have reduced the prices. If you think its OK, fair enough, but I shall not be buying one anymore. I think the club is morally wrong and I will make my choice as Greavsy said I could.

That is an adult argument. Not like the ones you extol after we have lost on a Saturday when everyone who dares to say we were rubbish is vilified as a cry baby. 

I am quite happy to debate with you as long as it is fair minded, adult and insult free.

Sorry but after the insults you've given me in this thread I dont think you can now, ironically, take a moral highground on that.

No idea what you're on about Delia for, as far as I know she has little influence in the world of illegal streaming.