Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A Bleak Outlook For Kings Lynn.

Well I think we should have arrangements with both of the Towns that are 40 odd miles away...

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

Well I think we should have arrangements with both of the Towns that are 40 odd miles away...

Dereham and Lowestoft - agreed !

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Harsh as this might sound, I couldn’t care less about King’s Lynn. I didn’t care about Boston, I don’t care about Ipswich. 

Neyul, seems to be doing pretty well with the loan market as it is. Godfrey, Maddison, Cantwell... If we really want a local-ish lower league club to blood our youngsters, there’s one not that far away *currently* a couple of levels higher. 

And Russell Martin seems to be doing ok so why not help him out? 

I don't know why the post got turned towards linkups and feeder clubs.

I originally posted that I thought the club could help them out financially and that £100K wouldn't kill us but could save them. Thats all. Just a good deed towards our County neighbours

• Like 2

Looks like Dover are on the brink so to speak as they have called off the home game this weekend v Kings Lynn.

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Looks like Dover are on the brink so to speak as they have called off the home game this weekend v Kings Lynn.

Dover have cancelled all their matches Til. They cannot afford to complete their fixtures. Very sad story. KL might soon be next.

On 17/02/2021 at 02:45, Duncan Edwards said:

Harsh as this might sound, I couldn’t care less about King’s Lynn. I didn’t care about Boston, I don’t care about Ipswich. 

Neyul, seems to be doing pretty well with the loan market as it is. Godfrey, Maddison, Cantwell... If we really want a local-ish lower league club to blood our youngsters, there’s one not that far away *currently* a couple of levels higher. 

Thats the spirit - help out those less fortunate than yourselves! 

Going back to the Kings Lynn loan affiliation thing. I think it's clear that we are now only acquiring players of a certain standard maybe slightly above Kings Lynn, and that each loan out is carefully considered player by player based on what they need... ie... technical advancement they go to the Dutch leagues. If they need to toughen up then it's the lower English leagues. It's no good sending all our kids to Kings Lynn. It's way more advanced than that these days. Every player has a development profile which is very very unique.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...so are Kings Lynn safe from relegation?

Presumably if nobody can get promoted into their league, nobody can get relegated from it??

There will only be promotion and relegation between League 2 and National League.

On 17/02/2021 at 02:45, Duncan Edwards said:

King's Lynn been a useful platform for Norwich youngsters recently though? Simon Power went there, and then on to a level higher after gaining experience.

Archie Mair is there at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me if Daniel Barden is sent there next season for a full season of grown ups footy? 

Can't see the problem in us exploring ways we could help them out of a hole at the moment if it can bring something mutually beneficial. They've got a nice little pitch, perhaps they could host some U23 games so we can keep Carrow Road fresh? 

And not fond of Ian Culverhouse at all? A member of the famous team of 92-93, and architect of our double promotion seasons (definitely the master tactician behind that). 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 2

I'd say King Lynn is a useful affiliate club to senf players out on loan to whilst they are at the level theyre currently at. I dont see much merit inbsending players to them if they were a level lower i.e National North.

As Kings Lynn have found this season , the difference in standard between national league and north/south is a significant one

I just donated myself. I live in Florida but use to live in North Wootton and went to KES as a kid and use to go to matches there with my Grandfather. Hope they survive. Its crazy that one players WEEKLY wages would save the WHOLE team for weeks. 

5 minutes ago, Blurboy1980 said:

I just donated myself. I live in Florida but use to live in North Wootton and went to KES as a kid and use to go to matches there with my Grandfather. Hope they survive. Its crazy that one players WEEKLY wages would save the WHOLE team for weeks. 

Very kind of you. How much do you think you'll raise?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fuzzar said:

Very kind of you. How much do you think you'll raise?

More to the point, what would you do with him ?

Currently on £875. The chairman recently said that one away game was costing them £5k so I’m sure they would appreciate any help they can get.

Only a fiver short of a grand this morning. I note that a Grimsby and a Pompey fan have donated so would be good to see a few more Norwich fans add to the pot.