Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

A Bleak Outlook For Kings Lynn.

That's a real shame. Avoiding relegation was always going to be a challenge, but it'd be a tragedy if the club went out of business at such a successful point in its history.

37 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

On the basis that all steps below National League have been voided this season and there are no promotion / relegation, they've got to extend this to National League otherwise clubs will fold

Surely this . Perhaps exactly what Cleeve is angling for with that announcement (far be it for me to add: at a point when KL still hover above, but not in, the ol’ zone!)

Perhaps supporters generally could help - people who support (and go to) PL/League sides are saving a fair few pennies right now as they are unable to go.

On 04/02/2021 at 19:21, keelansgrandad said:

I'm sure the league won't finish but if they vote to continue then maybe NCFC could help out with £100K?

That would be a marvellous gesture that so many would support. If they can stay at this level it’s great for ongoing game time for our youngsters. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That would be a marvellous gesture that so many would support. If they can stay at this level it’s great for ongoing game time for our youngsters. 

I think all NCFC fans would agree and would be a marvelous gesture for Norwich City & for football generally. Didn't we allow them to collect funds at CR previously ? 

There appears to be a divide in all three NL divisions between the haves and have nots, in Lynn’s league the big boys are desperate to carry on and get promoted to the football league and don’t seem to be bothered about the smaller clubs who might go pop. A right old mess. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett

47 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I think all NCFC fans would agree and would be a marvelous gesture for Norwich City & for football generally. Didn't we allow them to collect funds at CR previously ? 

Would they? 

I wouldn't. 

Yet again the pinkun bubble rears it's head amongst those who listen on the wireless. 

Most city fans couldn't give a stuff about Kings Lynn, and it be furious if my club gave some other random club money. 

Screw them. That's for linnets supporters to deal with, not ours. 

5 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Would they? 

I wouldn't. 

Yet again the pinkun bubble rears it's head amongst those who listen on the wireless. 

Most city fans couldn't give a stuff about Kings Lynn, and it be furious if my club gave some other random club money. 

Misanthrope

13 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Would they? 

I wouldn't. 

Valentines day starting badly for you Jerry?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jerrykerry said:

Would they? 

I wouldn't. 

I wouldn’t like to be collecting for charity and knock on your door. That said your quite funny.

8 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Valentines day starting badly for you Jerry?

His left hand is washing it's hair while his right hand said that it feels they need to spend some time apart.

Jerry was last seen giving his vacuum cleaner longing looks.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

Why don't us fans start a just go fund me page from ncfc to KL I'm sure a lot of local fans would chip in and try to help save them?

Edited by Ward 3
  • Like 4

On 04/02/2021 at 19:21, keelansgrandad said:

I'm sure the league won't finish but if they vote to continue then maybe NCFC could help out with £100K?

Why would NCFC want to do that?

14 minutes ago, MrFruit said:

A "bigger" football club helping out its less fortunate neighboring smaller club...... Unfortunately it seldom happens. 

Edited by Greavsy

I'd like to see us pursuing a formal link-up with Kings Lynn to be honest, having a feeder club at that level which is geographically close by, well-run and managed and we can send young players to for competitive football at a decent level on a long-term basis instead of randomly sending players out to clubs with which we have little connection or influence would surely benefit the development process, and at the same time could help Lynn stabilize as a Conference side. I think we're going to see a lot of these these kind of links, essentially some teams becoming 'partnered' with the big clubs, in the next few years as the big boys want more competitive games for their youngsters, fans don't want to see B teams, and there are a lot of teams who are frankly going to need something like this to keep themselves afloat. Let's get ahead of the inevitable curve and start the process of making Kings Lynn our 'junior' team now. 
I'd quite like us to make a similar deal with one of these Belgian or Dutch second tier teams as well, someone like Telstar maybe - We've loaned a few players over there now and it's working out well; but surely would be better to build a stronger partnership with one club the way Man City do with Girona for example. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

I'd like to see us pursuing a formal link-up with Kings Lynn to be honest, having a feeder club at that level which is geographically close by, well-run and managed and we can send young players to for competitive football at a decent level on a long-term basis instead of randomly sending players out to clubs with which we have little connection or influence would surely benefit the development process, and at the same time could help Lynn stabilize as a Conference side. I think we're going to see a lot of these these kind of links, essentially some teams becoming 'partnered' with the big clubs, in the next few years as the big boys want more competitive games for their youngsters, fans don't want to see B teams, and there are a lot of teams who are frankly going to need something like this to keep themselves afloat. Let's get ahead of the inevitable curve and start the process of making Kings Lynn our 'junior' team now. 
I'd quite like us to make a similar deal with one of these Belgian or Dutch second tier teams as well, someone like Telstar maybe - We've loaned a few players over there now and it's working out well; but surely would be better to build a stronger partnership with one club the way Man City do with Girona for example. 

I’ve never understood why we haven’t formally done that and used King Lynn to blood more of our promising youngsters in real competitive football. Win win for both clubs, hopefully sustain KL to become an established league club long term.

• Like 2

Perhaps Kings Lynn don't want to be NCFC's feeder club? Surely it's not great for the local lads having team and squad places by our 'wanabees'. Where do they go and play?

If NCFC fans want to help out Kings Lynn good on them, but I don't see the need for a formal link up between the 2 clubs.

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Perhaps Kings Lynn don't want to be NCFC's feeder club? Surely it's not great for the local lads having team and squad places by our 'wanabees'. Where do they go and play?

If NCFC fans want to help out Kings Lynn good on them, but I don't see the need for a formal link up between the 2 clubs.

If there were regularly 2/3 of our bright prospects making the Kings Lynn squad I’m sure they’d be more than happy. It doesn’t have to be Norwich B but could be mutually beneficial to both clubs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MrFruit said:

Why not? It isn't a big amount to us but keeps a local club on the cusp of league football in business. We aren't wealthy but that small amount is a fortune to them.

I thought we already had an unofficial link up with Kings Lynn - I'm sure Webber referred to it quite recently. Whether that involves helping them out financially is a different matter. Perhaps we can lend to them or support some fundraising, but I don't think we're allowed to just give them money are we? We could buy one of their players and loan him back to them maybe.

10 hours ago, sgncfc said:

I thought we already had an unofficial link up with Kings Lynn - I'm sure Webber referred to it quite recently. Whether that involves helping them out financially is a different matter. Perhaps we can lend to them or support some fundraising, but I don't think we're allowed to just give them money are we? We could buy one of their players and loan him back to them maybe.

This sounds more like the subtle way that it would be appropriate for NCFC to contribute.

Given that some nonleague clubs were selling virtual tickets for their cup games why don't Lynn follow the same logic applied to a part season ticket for their remaining league games?

It may end up being simply a donation but as their fixtures continue to the end of May some attendance opportunities may be possible.

I don’t see why Norwich should give money to Kings Lynn, particularly as our own income is fairly stretched at the moment. It is very different to letting them collect at CR. 
Why don’t those fans who want to contribute do so via a go fund me page as suggested earlier?

Also the coaching set up we have relied on players getting experience at a whole range of levels. I don’t think we should be tied to a relatively poor National League club, just because it happens to be in the same county.

Harsh as this might sound, I couldn’t care less about King’s Lynn. I didn’t care about Boston, I don’t care about Ipswich. 

Neyul, seems to be doing pretty well with the loan market as it is. Godfrey, Maddison, Cantwell... If we really want a local-ish lower league club to blood our youngsters, there’s one not that far away *currently* a couple of levels higher. 

And Russell Martin seems to be doing ok so why not help him out?