Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

What Exactly Is Going On With Stiepermann ?

Is he injured or ill as he seems to have dropped completely off the radar and unless i am mistaken he doesn't even now get a mention at press conferences ? He has now been absent from the squad for the last 9 games.

It’s been mentioned every week - think they said he has Epstein Barr virus, think it is what causes glandular fever.  He’ll be as long as it takes, I guess.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

He's ill. Some kind of weird ailment that caused headaches and balance issues if I remember rightly?

That was what i had running around in the back of my head but a bit surprised there has been no updates.

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

It’s been mentioned every week - think they said he has Epstein Barr virus, think it is what causes glandular fever.  He’ll be as long as it takes, I guess.

This was my understanding. Mark Cavendish had it a few years back and it basically ruined a whole season for him.

Indeed - i think it took a while to diagnose, and worryingly is post his COVID test a couple of months ago.  

Hopefully he is still progressing, and is healthy 

Edited by Greavsy

Certainly explains his performances - he seemed lethargic and gassed after 60 this time out. Wasn't like that last time in the Champs. I think it's clear now how he was such an important cog in the wheel two years ago and also that not all impact can be reduced to the stats of goals and assists.

Although his ability to hit skidders from outside the box was always a handy one to keep in the locker as he was always capable of catching a goalie a bit unsighted with them. Placheta was definitely having a crack from the same copybook against Millwall, getting it on his left and letting it rip, but unfortunately off target.

I think I heard he was back in some training now so hopefully he will make a come back soon, I think we've missed him and we're crying out for his presence at no10, especially with Emi out!

I also had glandular fever has a kid which I'm lead to believe is simlar, can affect your balance and all sorts

I am sure he was at Middlesborough game on the sidelines.  If Marco Looked ok re his balance, not known if training.

Well best wishes to him. These types of conditions can be very tricky for an elite sportsman. Hopefully he can get back to the levels required.

26 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Think we miss him as an option to be honest.

Pretty sure Pukki does!

18 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Pretty sure Pukki does!

Yes - in that first half against Bristol City away from home every ball Stiepermann played almost resulted in a goal for Pukki.

44 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Took me about 3 years Chelm. It’s very bad news . 

I had it at 19. Played 20 minutes of 5 aside football then went home collapsed on the couch and stayed there for a month.  

Blood tests showed glandular fever and a compromised liver. Lovely at the time. 

• Like 1

I wonder if it's related to Covid-19. Didn't he have a positive test then a negative one a few months ago, not sure if he actually had it  but I have heard a few instances of people being more prone to bad viruses or illness after having Covid.

I have a colleague who is an elite level runner. Good enough to make more money than he spends on his hobby, put it that way.

At least, he was until he had very mild coronavirus in September. He only missed 3.5 weeks of training. 

Still nowhere near his old level and is worried that he never will be, his heart rate is strange and he's gassing out early. 

During the actual coronavirus period he only had a little cough, a slight loss of taste and mild headache. 

8 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I have a colleague who is an elite level runner. Good enough to make more money than he spends on his hobby, put it that way.

At least, he was until he had very mild coronavirus in September. He only missed 3.5 weeks of training. 

Still nowhere near his old level and is worried that he never will be, his heart rate is strange and he's gassing out early. 

During the actual coronavirus period he only had a little cough, a slight loss of taste and mild headache. 

My sister had coronavirus and made a complete recovery within 3 weeks with no long lasting effects. 

2 hours ago, interwebme said:

My sister had coronavirus and made a complete recovery within 3 weeks with no long lasting effects. 

That's good, is she an elite athlete? 

• Haha 3

I had glandular fever aged 10 & missed huge chunks of school that entire year; I picked up endless viruses, one after the other. Spent weeks shivering & shaking in bed with occasional visits from my hard-as-nails grandad openly declaring to my mother: "there's nothing wrong with him - give him a spoonful of honey every day!". 

Got my strength back after 12 months & never looked back - debilitating time though - certainly wouldn't wish it on a professional sportsman...

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

That's good, is she an elite athlete? 

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

But my dad would definitely have your dad.

Not sure about that mate. My Dad once beat batman in a bare knuckle fight. I know 'cus he told me. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

😂 

Sorry I thought it was share 'I know someone what's had covid' story time