Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Come on Hull!.

[quote user="Big A"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Using your own words Bly, I don''t have to justify my opinions to you or anyone else either, but unlike you I try, and succeed.

Thanks for the phrase though!.[:D]

Next.

[/quote]

Can you point me toward these posts where you have ''suceeded''?!  i haven''t seen them.  Posting the same opinion 10 times waiting for one person to post something in agreeance is NOT succeeding!

Care to reply to my previous post, or has it touched a nerve?  I''d love to see you ''succeeding'' to argue your corner on that one
[/quote]

I don''t respond to name calling and p**s taking  Big A, thats why, until now, I''ve ignored you, and will continue to ignore you till you stop it!.

Simple as that really.

FIND ONE PLACE WHERE I HAVE CALLED YOU A ''NAME''?????you are so hypocrtical its unbelievable! So its OK for you to call members of our clubs derogatory names, yes?It seems to me that you prefer to shy away from well constructed, though out criticism. You bitch and moan constantly and i''ve watched from afar and kept quite about it.....now i''ve challenged you about it you act like the victim.I repeat, i am not taking the p**s (as you call it) neither have i called you names.  I simply wish you would quit with the trolling, over exagerating and inaccuracies!Simple Really.

I think we all need to remember that everybody has their own opinions as to whether Worthy is doing a good job.  There really is no need to resort to name calling etc, but it does show how strongly some posters feel about the manager.

I consider myself to be a loyal supporter of Norwich City Football Club and  to date I have not booed the players off the park even after some dreadful performances.  However, if you asked me whether the team would fair any better without Worthy then I would have to say yes.  I personally believe he has lost the confidence of the players and once that has gone there is no turning back.

At the beginning of the season I believed that Worthy should be given the chance to take us back up again.  Over the last few months I have come to believe that he is not capable of getting us up, but he is capable of taking us down.  As a supporter you can accept that you will lose to better sides, but if we are truly honest defeats this season against Millwall, Shef Wed, Luton, QPR, Derby and the other mid table sides have been hard to take.

I was confident that at least we would come out on top against Ipswich on Sunday and have boasting rights for another season, but we couldn''t even manage that.  Peter Taylor is another manager who has done well with limited resources available and we shouldn''t be too surprised to see us come away with no points on Saturday.

I never want to see us lose but equally I do want to see a change in manager because I believe it will lift the players, just like it has done at Newcastle.

[quote user="Big A"]FIND ONE PLACE WHERE I HAVE CALLED YOU A ''NAME''?????

you are so hypocrtical its unbelievable!

So its OK for you to call members of our clubs derogatory names, yes?

It seems to me that you prefer to shy away from well constructed, though out criticism. You bitch and moan constantly and i''ve watched from afar and kept quite about it.....now i''ve challenged you about it you act like the victim.

I repeat, i am not taking the p**s (as you call it) neither have i called you names.  I simply wish you would quit with the trolling, over exagerating and inaccuracies!

Simple Really.

[/quote]

Check back on page two of this thread Big A, if, and I quote "You are an attention seeker" is not name calling, then what is?.

You should check before making bold claims.

Next.

[quote user="Big A"]You see thats the point, the only childish aspect of this whole ''Worthy Out'' saga is how you in particular are dealing with it.  I too beleive Worthy has had his time and should leave.  This doesn''t mean i have to resort to antics like:

- not calling Worthington by his name, instead choosing to call him ''HIM'' = Childish
- derogatory comments toward Delia = chilsish and pathetic
- wanting other teams to win...constantly = unforgivable and childish and pathetic.

I honestly think you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror before you begin to dismantle other posters behaviour on this forum.
[/quote]

Oh, I forgot to add childish and pathetic, yet more names you''ve called me Big A.

Really, this is too easy!.

I''ve waited too long for Mello to say it,so....

Come on Hull? That''s a bit stern Wiz.  You''ve got a rudder cheek and should be keel hauled. Have you been on the port?You really do talk a load of old rowlocks.

The problem is, 1st Wizard, that you have never been possitive about Worthington once! Not without some negative comment alongside it.I havent resorted to any insults and in most cases where I have replied to your posts I have only ever attempted to take apart your reasoning, not because I nessisarily believe in keeping Worthington, but more because I believe your attitude towards the club is generally negative.I dont like seeing city loose. No way do I like it when we get beat by more than 2 goals to nil. In some ways I can handle being beat by Ipswich better than 4-2 to Luton or 3-0 to QPR.Someone else on here has said that there are 14 managers in this league above us and that I am saying that there is no one better out there than Worthington. Please read my post again, and if nessisary - again!Steve Coppel has a ticket to the Premiership in his pocket - no way he would swap that for a team in our position, loads of fans or not.What I have said is that out of those managers who would be available to come to us in the sense that who would want to? I would strike out the top three to start with, Warnock has been with Sheff Utd through thick and thin and has been a target of prem teams in the past - doesnt matter how many fans you have to him as Sheff Utd have quite a few of their own.Kevin Blackwell - has brought in many players half of whom have been flops (like Jermain Wright) and for my part is not 100% proven. Saying that is doing well this season and has taken Leeds within catching distance of Sheff Utd with at least a play-off birth in their hands. Would he want to leave that? Leeds - lots of fans internationaly.I could keep going. Yes there are managers that may be weaker in position than others but I am not convinced that they are "better" than Worthington. Again they will be more "available" in the summer than now so what is the point of speculating now when there are months of games yet to be played?You are the same group of people who had us relegated last season before Christmas and before you argue that you were right - you werent! You said that Worthington was inept and that he couldnt do right - well he did and he got us within a victory of survival. Its unfortunate that on the last day of the season some of the supposed good pros turned sour and decided not to play. I don''t blame Worthington - I blame those players because they turned up but bar a couple did not even try.And for future reference if people are not alowed to use Worthingtons record with NCFC as a reason to keep him people are not alowed to use Bond, Walker and the like as a reason why he should go. History is either useable or not do not try and make up the rules of argument and only apply them to others.All I have really done on hear is questioned your position as a supporter because by defenition your not! In fact I would say you do a better job of insulting the team and the club than most of the Ipswich fans I know. I just wonder sometimes when you ever thought possitively about this club?I think that when Bond was in charge you probably slated him and Walker and the rest and that a few years down the line you have just used their success to slag off current managers. Perhaps in a couple from now you will slag of the manager then (if it is not Worthington) by comparing him to Worthingtons success which you have never truly accepted or embraced.Infact some of the Worthy outers are in fact suggesting that Worthington didn''t get us promoted but the players did!!! Like Hux and Francis. Well then is it not possible that the players also have got us into this mess?As I have said before I do not think that any one person in the set up is to blame. I think that a lot of fans thought that we would walk this league without considering the consiquences of whole-sale changes throughout the squad which were inevitable and for the most part un-preventable with exception to one player - Edworthy. Even then I don''t think he could have helped turn this season around.Where does that leave my opinion? For the most part it is on the fence - not because I don''t want to decide, but because I have not got enough material yet to go on. From what I can tell from the way we have played this season - each mach different players have peaked which makes life very difficult. If you can get the team to be on the aame level and to reach those peaks together it makes it easier to maintain and to get in soime consistancy. Injuries most certainly havent helped.But at the same time Worthington has got it right sometimes this season - the problem is he has also got it wrong. So he is going through a bad spot this season. I think it is truly the first bad spot he has had with use and I think it is more of a question of do we give him time to see if it is just a bad patch? Or do we take a gamble and ditch him and hope to bring in someone that will be committed long-term and get the club challenging for promotion again?Both are a big risk. Both may take time. One will almost certainly cause disruption with more players coming and going. The other could mean a drop in support for the club (if what some posters on here is anything to go by).As for being the "majority" I would laugh in the face of anyone that uses it! The majority as in the people 1st Wiz mentions did not think this club was ambitious enough to go for Hux. They did not think they were ambitious enough to go for Ashton.What people fail to spot including Wizard, is that Worthington is a victim of his own success. We have come to expect more when perhaps this season was only ever going to be tough.At the moment if we could get a manager we KNEW would be better I would say do it. I would just like someone to come up with a realistic answer!So please - I beg of you come back with a decent argument other than Little Britains "Ah don''t like it!".

[quote user="chicken"]The problem is, 1st Wizard, that you have never been possitive about Worthington once! Not without some negative comment alongside it.

I havent resorted to any insults and in most cases where I have replied to your posts I have only ever attempted to take apart your reasoning, not because I nessisarily believe in keeping Worthington, but more because I believe your attitude towards the club is generally negative.

I dont like seeing city loose. No way do I like it when we get beat by more than 2 goals to nil. In some ways I can handle being beat by Ipswich better than 4-2 to Luton or 3-0 to QPR.

Someone else on here has said that there are 14 managers in this league above us and that I am saying that there is no one better out there than Worthington. Please read my post again, and if nessisary - again!

Steve Coppel has a ticket to the Premiership in his pocket - no way he would swap that for a team in our position, loads of fans or not.

What I have said is that out of those managers who would be available to come to us in the sense that who would want to? I would strike out the top three to start with, Warnock has been with Sheff Utd through thick and thin and has been a target of prem teams in the past - doesnt matter how many fans you have to him as Sheff Utd have quite a few of their own.

Kevin Blackwell - has brought in many players half of whom have been flops (like Jermain Wright) and for my part is not 100% proven. Saying that is doing well this season and has taken Leeds within catching distance of Sheff Utd with at least a play-off birth in their hands. Would he want to leave that? Leeds - lots of fans internationaly.

I could keep going. Yes there are managers that may be weaker in position than others but I am not convinced that they are "better" than Worthington. Again they will be more "available" in the summer than now so what is the point of speculating now when there are months of games yet to be played?

You are the same group of people who had us relegated last season before Christmas and before you argue that you were right - you werent! You said that Worthington was inept and that he couldnt do right - well he did and he got us within a victory of survival. Its unfortunate that on the last day of the season some of the supposed good pros turned sour and decided not to play. I don''t blame Worthington - I blame those players because they turned up but bar a couple did not even try.

And for future reference if people are not alowed to use Worthingtons record with NCFC as a reason to keep him people are not alowed to use Bond, Walker and the like as a reason why he should go. History is either useable or not do not try and make up the rules of argument and only apply them to others.

All I have really done on hear is questioned your position as a supporter because by defenition your not! In fact I would say you do a better job of insulting the team and the club than most of the Ipswich fans I know. I just wonder sometimes when you ever thought possitively about this club?

I think that when Bond was in charge you probably slated him and Walker and the rest and that a few years down the line you have just used their success to slag off current managers. Perhaps in a couple from now you will slag of the manager then (if it is not Worthington) by comparing him to Worthingtons success which you have never truly accepted or embraced.

Infact some of the Worthy outers are in fact suggesting that Worthington didn''t get us promoted but the players did!!! Like Hux and Francis. Well then is it not possible that the players also have got us into this mess?

As I have said before I do not think that any one person in the set up is to blame. I think that a lot of fans thought that we would walk this league without considering the consiquences of whole-sale changes throughout the squad which were inevitable and for the most part un-preventable with exception to one player - Edworthy. Even then I don''t think he could have helped turn this season around.

Where does that leave my opinion? For the most part it is on the fence - not because I don''t want to decide, but because I have not got enough material yet to go on. From what I can tell from the way we have played this season - each mach different players have peaked which makes life very difficult. If you can get the team to be on the aame level and to reach those peaks together it makes it easier to maintain and to get in soime consistancy. Injuries most certainly havent helped.

But at the same time Worthington has got it right sometimes this season - the problem is he has also got it wrong. So he is going through a bad spot this season. I think it is truly the first bad spot he has had with use and I think it is more of a question of do we give him time to see if it is just a bad patch? Or do we take a gamble and ditch him and hope to bring in someone that will be committed long-term and get the club challenging for promotion again?

Both are a big risk. Both may take time. One will almost certainly cause disruption with more players coming and going. The other could mean a drop in support for the club (if what some posters on here is anything to go by).

As for being the "majority" I would laugh in the face of anyone that uses it! The majority as in the people 1st Wiz mentions did not think this club was ambitious enough to go for Hux. They did not think they were ambitious enough to go for Ashton.

What people fail to spot including Wizard, is that Worthington is a victim of his own success. We have come to expect more when perhaps this season was only ever going to be tough.

At the moment if we could get a manager we KNEW would be better I would say do it. I would just like someone to come up with a realistic answer!

So please - I beg of you come back with a decent argument other than Little Britains "Ah don''t like it!".

[/quote] we failed to stay up in the easiest premiership season for survival.... and this season has been a total disaster.... theyre are plenty of good managers around - dont have this false belief that nigel is a messiah. oh yeah and we are now officially a long ball team. thanks nige.... we have gone stale - time for a change.

Firstly Chicken, I''ve never said I enjoyed City losing, far from it mate, it hurts like hell, however for the long term good of the club I believe it has to happen, and defeats are the only language our board can understands it seems.

You argue a very reasoned case my friend, very well thought out and insult free. But you fail like a lot or other posters do by glossing over or omitting relegation from the Premiership altogether, without a single away win to our name I might add.

In fact it was a whole year without an away win, that is a terrible managerial record is it not?.

As fans we are guilty of embroidering the past, yes, Worthy got us promoted, but he also failed to keep us there, and if unchecked, he is well capable of doing the same this season ie. relegation again.

If you accept the arguement that its the players who got us into this mess, then I will counter that with its the managers job to motivate the said players, and of course he who buys, trains the players and picks the tactics?...............the manager and coaches are ultimatley responsible.

At the end of the day the buck stops with him and them...........or should do, thats why he/them get bloody well paid for it!.

In closing, anything is a risk Chicken, perhaps a new manager would be worse than NW, who knows for sure?, but I and many others (Numbers growing weekly) think its a risk well worth taking.

I don''t want to be sitting here next season, and people are saying "we should have taken a risk, we don''t like the 1st division"!.

I forgot to add, I was one of the campaigners who tried and succeeded in getting Mike Walker reapointed as manager.

I was also one of the few supporters who face to face argued with Roger Munby to keep him after Delia and the board sacked him the second time around!.

So to suggest I would slate ''God'' if he was back in charge is very wide of the mark Chicken, and yes, I''d love Mike back, he was, and is, a fine man manager, and thats more than you can ever say for NW.

People - the Wizard has a right to express his opinion and does in his own individual way, I am sure you have all heard of freedom of speech.

He always expresses a clear and honest opinion - and we have to treasure him for this not berate him.

Not many of you have the guts to say what he says and he is right - can you think of any other club that would have shown thi loyalty to a manager ina similar situation? - Its now ludicrous.  I have never rated worthy and never will.  He has to go and let us rebuild for next year.

I back the wizard and his opinon.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Big A"]You see thats the point, the only childish aspect of this whole ''Worthy Out'' saga is how you in particular are dealing with it.  I too beleive Worthy has had his time and should leave.  This doesn''t mean i have to resort to antics like:- not calling Worthington by his name, instead choosing to call him ''HIM'' = Childish- derogatory comments toward Delia = chilsish and pathetic- wanting other teams to win...constantly = unforgivable and childish and pathetic.I honestly think you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror before you begin to dismantle other posters behaviour on this forum.[/quote]

Oh, I forgot to add childish and pathetic, yet more names you''ve called me Big A.

Really, this is too easy!.

[/quote]My god, you really have been treated unfairly haven''t you!? victim......victim.......victim.  When you post contentious subjects you have to expect the backlash i''m affraid, we''ve all been subject to it, you should know that by now, besides i''m sure Dicky and Squit have been subject to name calling from your direction, hypocritical perhaps?Firstly, calling you an attention seeker is factual.  If you choose to class that as ''name calling'', then you have a very different understanding than I and i can only assume you live a very sheltered life.  Posting the same subject over and over again and then refusing to quantify your position to anyone who disagrees certainy looks like attention seeking to me, especially when you are only to happy to reply to your disciples when they praise you. With regard to the other two words (childish and pathetic) again i stick by then, i''m sure you have been called much worse on this forum!  you contiually post negative comments about this club (sometimes verging on libelous) and yet when you are questioned about it you choose to turn a blind eye.  I''ve caught you out before with inaccuracies on this forum and suddenly you go all quiet.So i ask again, how can you post the things you do day in, day out; bemoaning the fans, manager and board and still call yourself a fan/ supporter? (i fully expect you to post your CV here again!)what exactly DO you support now at this club?Sure we are all upset and realise things arn''t going in the right direction but seriously you have posted some very silly things over the past 6 months that can only come accross as childish, surely you can apprecite that? they certainly don''t read like the words of a 50+ year old and i''m not the only person to call you up on it.Finally, with regard to the name calling saga, you stopped replying to my posts a long time ago when i questioned your loyalty to this club.  I don''t honestly feel that ''name calling'' has been an issue here, do you? so can we stop the the victim act please?

[quote user="Sir Quinny"]

People - the Wizard has a right to express his opinion and does in his own individual way, I am sure you have all heard of freedom of speech.

[/quote]I have never questioned Wiz''s freedom of speech, i just wish it was more factual or at least he would reply to posts when people question his position/ opinion.   Sure, he doesn''t have to quantify his position, but when you post such strong beliefs that are sometimes far from the consensus its seems somewhat suspect that he chooses to turn a blind eye to the tougher questions.[quote user="Sir Quinny"]

He always expresses a clear and honest opinion - and we have to treasure him for this not berate him.

[/quote]Clear and honest - maybe......factual or accurate - not often [quote user="Sir Quinny"]

Not many of you have the guts to say what he says and he is right

[/quote]Does it really take ''guts'' to post your opinion from the safety of your keyboard and monitor?  i don''t think so.

big a - a belief is a belief - if its against the consensus so much the better otherwise we would all be mindless clones and toing the worthy line!!!

I belive that the vast majority of the Wizards posts have a clearly factual and acurate base - can you name one which is not?

Of couse it takes guts - think of all the lurkers and all the people that belive what he and Paul Rankin say but do not say it.  Many peoples confidence may take a bashing from some of the comments that are aimed at Wiz but he stillcomes back and sticks to his guns - like i said guts - have you ever offered to meet him for a drink after a game?

Thanks for your valued support Sir Quinney, but Big A fails to grasp one important fact: I choose, not him, who I reply to. Just demanding and ranting that must I reply to him will mean I''ll ignore him.

He seems to believe he''s that important that I MUST reply to him, when in truth I decide who I reply to.

No doubt now he''ll say his questions are so good I was scared or couldn''t answer them, WRONG, I just couldn''t be bothered to reply is the real truth.

Many barbed and visicious things are said to me on here, but as Sir Quinney rightly points out, that won''t stop me saying them, water off a ducks back and all that. Posters think for some reason that if they''re rude and insulting I''ll reply to them. The truth is I''ll ignore you, okay?.

Hell, they''re even starting to have a go at anyone now who supports or agrees with me, welcome to the club Sir Q, I trust your back is as broad as mine my friend?.

If any of my posts are nearly libelous Big A, the moderators would I believe, have refused to clear them. I post on here for posters like Sir Q, I express an opinion, I don''t seek to convert posters like you.

After all, we know we''re right, and we know you are wrong Big A.[;)]

And no, I don''t really believe that...................I think!.

PS. Despite what I want, I do think City will win at Hull this afternoon....................which is a shame for City in the long run!.

[quote user="chicken"]The problem is, 1st Wizard, that you have never been possitive about Worthington once! Not without some negative comment alongside it.

I havent resorted to any insults and in most cases where I have replied to your posts I have only ever attempted to take apart your reasoning, not because I nessisarily believe in keeping Worthington, but more because I believe your attitude towards the club is generally negative.....

....So please - I beg of you come back with a decent argument other than Little Britains "Ah don''t like it!".

[/quote]

That is a very good post, chicken. Thank you. But the militant WOLF (Worthy Out Liberation Front - their cap badge shows a lemming heading towards a cliff) don''t understand logic - they want blood.

They selectively use Club history, Worthy''s personal history, Worthy''s signings, our results, everything, with one aim in view - to lever Worthy out immediately. It''s utterly stupid. As I''ve said before, what''s important is not getting Worthy out but getting the right guy in. Unlike you, I think Worthy''s had the time to show his quality, and he''s lacking essential elements to take the Club forward. But that doesn''t mean it''s right to lie - which is what people are in effect doing.

Si Quinny, a number of Wiz''s posts have been inaccurate, jus a few to give you a slice include:Posters defending worthless.....[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Are in general, newbies with a tiny post

count (under 10 ) if I was a paranoid man, I might think these were

employee''s of the club logging on here.

If I was paranoid, I might think that Dicky, Squit and Herb, were

also involved with the club in some capacity, but of course I''m not!.

But I must admit I can''t get my head around anyone backing Worthty now, I mean, just what part of shambles don''t they grasp.

To me and thousands its as plain as the nose on your face, isn''t it?.[*-)]

[/quote]

We won''t sign anyone of note!.
(this is great this one!)

Be prepared for cheap cloggers, ''frees'' and

the odd panic loan during the transfer window. Despite the spin coming

out of Carrow Road, only enquires are being made about new players,

just to keep the fans quiet during season ticket renewals.

I''ve been told by a reliable source that there is NO money for new players, that''s right, no money!.

Where''s the Ashton money gone then?, simple, paying off loans and stand building projects.

Never mind, as Thorne has just said on the Pink Un site, he''s prepared to step in to Ashton''s shoes.

God help us!.

Aren''t you glad you kept the faith Dicky Squit?.[:P]

[/quote]reliable source? schoolboy error!  If i remember correctly he was the one asking fellow posters to stop

with the crazy transfer rumours in the off-season.  Desperate times

call for desperate measures i guess.He has a self imposed ''heir of superiority'' that sucks..... ''I know better than anyone else'' etc. etc.  It was never more so evident than when we went on our 5 game winning streak where he was only too ready to accept the cradit for the team winning....what special powers he must have! (yawn).  Shame he wasn''t so enthusuastic when the curse wore off, but then that wasn''t his fault was it...that was the manager''s and the boards fault!In fact, that one post sums up everything i dislike about him, its a pointless thread with fictious details aimed solely at having another ''dig'' at the club.

No doubt now he''ll say his questions are so good I was scared or couldn''t answer them, WRONG, I just couldn''t be bothered to reply is the real truth.

[/quote]yet you continue to write lengthy replies, strange that[quote user="1st Wizard"]

If any of my posts are nearly libelous Big A, the moderators would I

believe, have refused to clear them.

[/quote]Considering the mods allowed a swear word to be passed this week even when i flagged it up 3 times, i''m not so sure on that one to be honest.[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I post on here for posters like

Sir Q, I express an opinion, I don''t seek to convert posters like you.

[/quote]So its like a public service then? [quote user="1st Wizard"]

PS. Despite what I want, I do think City will win at

Hull this afternoon....................which is a shame for City in the

long run
!.

[/quote]So the whole ''1st Wizard'' thing is a ''front'', who would have thought it!?!?!?!?

[quote user="Big A"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]yet you continue to write lengthy replies, strange that[quote user="1st Wizard"]

If any of my posts are nearly libelous Big A, the moderators would I

believe, have refused to clear them.

[/quote]Considering the mods allowed a swear word to be passed this week even when i flagged it up 3 times, i''m not so sure on that one to be honest.[quote user="1st Wizard"]

I post on here for posters like

Sir Q, I express an opinion, I don''t seek to convert posters like you.

[/quote]So its like a public service then? [quote user="1st Wizard"]

PS. Despite what I want, I do think City will win at

Hull this afternoon....................which is a shame for City in the

long run
!.

[/quote]So the whole ''1st Wizard'' thing is a ''front'', who would have thought it!?!?!?!?[/quote]

doing well at them moment against an awful Hull team Big A.

If they win we fall below them in the table!!! Worse than Hamiltons team....

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Ok I''m going to get slaughted for this, but promotion under ''Worthless'' (for thats what I call him) never!. why, then read on. To all who went to the last 3 away games, its obvious City don''t start to play until Worthingtons tactics of ''a draw at least'' mentality, has failed. At West Brom on Saturday, City started with the formation of 4 5 1, not 4 3 3 as some believe!. when that cowardly plan failed, only then at the start of the second half, did Crouch and McVeigh get on.Why? Time and time Worthington has stuck with the inept Rivers (even ''jobbers'' in the 3rd division can cross the ball repeatedly) why?. you never see City score a hatful of goals in a game, why. because if, after we have scored 2, off come the strikers, and defenders/midfielders are put on. thus inviting the opposing team forward. How many points have been thrown away because of this negative tatic?. also when was the last time city scored 4 in a game?. Goal difference can be vital in the end!. The current boss will NEVER get City out of this Division, except maybe relegated, accept it!. He is too concerned about not losing, ''a point will do'' mentality again. Oh'' for the days of Stringer and Walker. Dol I have any suggestions?, well yes, but you''re not going to like it one little, George Burley. Now let the flack be directed in my direction, but at least he understands attacking football, and don''t take notice of Derby''s results, they are in such a finacial mess, he has no room to explore his ambitions. PS. I am just as intitled to my views as any city supporter, even if you don''t agree with them.[/quote]

Wizards are not always correct. Posted in our promotion season.

That is a very good post, chicken. Thank you. But the militant WOLF (Worthy Out Liberation Front - their cap badge shows a lemming heading towards a cliff) don''t understand logic - they want blood.

And the KTF''S? Well it must be an ostrich with it''s head buried in the sand. More power to the Wizards elbow I say

Well thats a shocker! You would really have Walker back now?I think with many things it is best not to go back.I think as a club we are not just progressing but learning. The squad we had last year was not capable of staying up and I think Worthington actually did his best to try and keep us there. I dont blame him for the fact that the large majority of our squad was simply not up to itI differ when I say players like Helveg were not committed enough, and Jonson was just not good enough.I don''t blame Worthington for that. He had a budget and he had to try and bring in what he could for it. You could say he could have spent it wiser but for the money I am not sure you would have got in the numbers that were required with such a small squad.We had maybe six or seven  players capable of premiership football and survival. That is simply not enough. We needed two or three Ashtons but the money simply wasnt there. The one - and what a fantastic signing it was - nearly worked but we needed another.So no I don''t put being relegated down to being Worthingtons fault alone. I think in fairness to NCFC as a club we are not there yet. Is that a big deal - not if you can accept it. We need stronger financial backing - something the board are trying to do buisiness wise. We simply need a stronger squad.And I beg to differ with you when you say it was the easiest premiership to survive. Look at this season - is it not just as easy? I just think its incredibly difficult to compete when for the best part of ten years you have been relying on loans to keep the club going along with providing money for squad improvements to keep our league positioning.Even teams like Fulham and Portsmouth had money to throw at the problems they had last season - and that is what makes the difference. We had one £3million pot and we got Ashton and that alone was not good enough. Sometimes you just have to accept that there is very little that can be done about it unless a bigger risk is taken by the club as a whole. And I am sure they sat down and said - do we risk every thing we have been working on for the last x-number of years for the chance to play in the premiership for another season?That risk would have meant using money that we would assume we would have got for staying up along with any transfer funds being held back for the summer. We may well have survived but for another season? No - look at Ipswich, QPR, Sheff Weds and Leeds. Yeah sure Leeds are lucky to have the financial backing that they have now as without it they would surely be in no better and I think a lot worse position.So what of this season. As I have said before - if we accept that the squad we had last season was not good enough, and to be fair most of them were not good enough before, restructuring was needed this season come what may.Now again you say these players are rubbish with the benefit of hindsight but on paper most of these players are better than the ones we had. Paper does not do the talking on the pitch after they sign but it does play a large part in the player being signed.Lets take Collins and Etuhu as examples - Collins was a shock signing to many people seeing that it was only last season (the one where Everton did very well) that Everton had admitted to being intresedt in the player. The same goes for Etuhu - premiership clubs were interested in him but undecided.Hughes again you may question but I am sure he has much more value to the squad than people realise. And for me he isnt as bad as a lot of people are making him out to be. He had a face mask and played - I remember not too long ago a player having to do the same and spending several weeks weeping on the sidelines.I am not going to go on and defend the whole team because I don''t need to. I just think people need to be a little more realistic when they look at the situation. This season was nearly always going to be about re-grouping. Unless you have noticed Norwich always do best when we are not concidered the favourites or maybe thats just a superstition of mine. We were bottom of the pile when we made the play-offs and were not expected to beat Wolves home or away. And to be fair if a couple of dodgy decisions hadnt been made we would have one it and got promotion.In retrospect I am glad. As a club we had a very poor squad. Very poor indeed. And Worthington built the last squad out of the core of those players. But time has told, Mullers was not up to his hero status and he went without complaining and from what I can tell as much his choice as the clubs. Strangely we have struggled to find another player that has been as consistant as he had been for us for several seasons (I''m not talking quality I am talking getting the best from a player week in week out).I just think it will take time for these new players to adjust to Worthingtons approach and in some cases such as Collins to the English game - and like I have said over and over again I think Luis-Jean was signed as our first choice right back whilst Collins was given a chance to develop and settle in.Sure in some ways we could bring in another manager in the summer - and at this point in time I am not going to disagree - so long as the we are sure that it is going to be an improvement otherwise we could be looking at another four seasons to promotion again - and to be frank I think all of you are not annoyed with Worthingtons past track record, I think it is because you could accept relegation from the premiership for the points I have layed out but can not accept not even challenging for the play-offs this season.And that I think is where the heart of this frustration lies. I will say no more untill this is confirmed because I could be drasticaly wrong!