16 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You realise that Brentford haven't lost a league game since 24th October right?

19 games unbeaten. 

For me, they are the best team in the league. 

The form of Swansea and Reading also concerning, we have a real fight on our hands to secure automatic - Swansea is a huge huge game. But the neutrals money will definitely be going on Brentford to lift the title. 

They are on a good run of form, but statistically we are the best team in the league - we're top of the table!

It's still in our hands at the moment, we are top of the pile, but we certainly need to make a statement tomorrow

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

They are on a good run of form, but statistically we are the best team in the league - we're top of the table!

It's still in our hands at the moment, we are top of the pile, but we certainly need to make a statement tomorrow

I'd take a no frills 1-0. 

I do think we need to go back to Vrancic being a super sub though. Last two 0-0s have been crying out for a sub who can change the game, well that would be him if he were on the bench! 

You can make the statistics work how you want.

Others may say, we are ahead on statistics because we are top. 

Some may say it isn't how many you don't lose, but the difference between how many you win and draw. 

Brentford have conceded 10 goals in the last 8 League games. We have conceded 3. Do they have a leaky defence on current 'form'?

Form is temporary

Brentford have (Warnock's) Middlesboro' away on Saturday, followed by Reading away and then Barnsley at home.

If they come through those three fixtures unbeaten, and we fail at Swansea, then we will have something to be concerned about. 

We also have them at Carrow Road later though.

A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet.

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip.

All's well that ends well.

Have they had many injuries thus far? How deep is their squad?

Edited by BroadstairsR

43 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

A lot of water to flow under the bridge yet.

There's many a slip twixt cup and lip.

All's well that ends well.

Have they had many injuries thus far? How deep is their squad?

Well they had a covid outbreak which led to two of their games being postponed in January didn't they?

Their head coach had it. 

31 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well they had a covid outbreak which led to two of their games being postponed in January didn't they?

Their head coach had it. 

Yes, of course. We did have an outbreak as well though.

That apart, I was wondering if they had been hampered by injuries in general thus far this season.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'd take a no frills 1-0. 

I do think we need to go back to Vrancic being a super sub though. Last two 0-0s have been crying out for a sub who can change the game, well that would be him if he were on the bench! 

Shame that Emi cost us that option...... again 🤐

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Yes, of course. We did have an outbreak as well though.

That apart, I was wondering if they had been hampered by injuries in general thus far this season.

We are currently missing the following first team regulars:

Pontus Jansson- captain, out for a couple of months already and not due back playing after ankle op until end of March

Norgaard- Danish international CDM (did a nice job v England!) out since October, got hobbled by Shelvey in Carabao QF and still a couple of weeks off

Da Silva- missed 3 games after red card v Spurs, now minor hip injury so might not be back for next game

Mbeumo- missed last 2 games after being subbed off early, scored 16 goals last season from wing

Baptiste- unlikely to play again this season (we all felt Fosu was a freebie chucked in by Oxford to give him a mate at the club- that’s the Fosu who crossed in for all 3 goals last night)

Marcondes- would normally have been playing in Ghoddos’ position

Arguably we have been missing the heart/spine of the team through most of our unbeaten run.

The run in will be fun. Most Bees were disgusted by Swansea’s approach to our game last week considering they’re meant to be a skillful team so would much prefer Norwich to win tomorrow (though rationally a 0-0 filled with suspensions for both would be ideal! I never wish injury on players)