Having games at Carrow rd are not to our advantage, much better away.  Even the poor sides take points by closing up shop.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Brentford are far too good for this league. Champions in waiting. The energy displayed is phenomenal. They press everywhere. They could easily add another couple of goals tonight too. Very impressive side, full of talent.

We did all those things against a very average bristol city side too ,only 2 weeks ago...

Brentford will finish top in my opinion. They have the momentum and they score lots of goals.

I really feel we are on the verge of letting things slip with recent performances. Not got a settled team again and huge pressure on us Friday. We really need a “statement” performance to steady the ship. 

Brentford similar to last season and might not last the pace. At the moment they are the best team in the league but they are not top and it's still in our own hands.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Swansea on friday is the last team in the current top 10 we have to play away, whilst we've got all the other teams at the top to come to carrow rd

....we've only ourselves to blame if we cant finish in a top 2 spot

Home advantage is pretty irrelevant without crowds. If anything we are more convincing away. 

Never thought going into this season that half way through we'd be top because we're better in defense than our rivals. All of our attacking players have dipped in and out of form far too often this season and any players that offer us a different dimention have either been injured our badly out of form most of the time, our defense though has been excellent and is carrying us atm. 

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Brentford similar to last season and might not last the pace. At the moment they are the best team in the league but they are not top and it's still in our own hands.

They’re having a purple patch and they’re a very good side.

Seems strange to have to remind our own fans but we are a very good side too. We are still yet to consistently hit top gear and yet we’re top of the league.

Reactions seem to be all to immediate and not looking at the bigger picture. We’ve been poor lately yet remain unbeaten and haven’t conceded.

• Like 1

Yes, Brentford looking to secure a Champions' League spot next season with that 3-2 win over Bristol City whereas Norwich only managed to beat Bristol 2-0 a few weeks ago.

• Like 7
  • Haha 6

I've been seeing posts since October saying "we haven't hit top gear yet" - if that's the case then it is surely about time to do so? Especially against teams like Millwall.

Brentford looking very, very prolific going forward but absolutely zero chance of them maintaining that all season without a dip. I feel it's going to be tight, but our defensive form should see us okay by the end of the year.

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

Brentford looking very, very prolific going forward but absolutely zero chance of them maintaining that all season without a dip. I feel it's going to be tight, but our defensive form should see us okay by the end of the year.

Its a very poor league and the might well do.... its hardly as if there are dangers at every turn in this very mediocre division.

Other sides in the top 5 may take points off them...but not many more

53 minutes ago, Ian said:

Agree. We've been in enough promotion races to know that teams rarely steamroller through the Championship season without a blip.

Brentford have Middlesborough, Reading and Barnsley next so we'll see how they're doing after that.

8 hours ago, Ian said:

I think theres a good chance they'll avoid a dip. They're unbeaten in something like 18 games now, and scored 10 in the last 2 games. 

They drew a few early on, but they're winning most games now and just don't lose. 

I cant see them failing at the last hurdle, like last season, because I think they'll be comfortably clear with a few games to go.

Not a criticism of us in anyway, just recognition that Brentford are a very good side. I don't rate Swansea in the same way. 

I have to say I disagree that Brentford will be top at end of season . We draw two games 0-0 and we are suddenly terrible?. We completely outclassed Bristol city the previous game. A 46 game season is long and those who were planning how we would do better in the premier league were far too early. If we start losing some games , I can understand the negativity more. We are top- not midtable -with 2 defeats in 24 games. Every team will have a drop in performance in a long season- if you can do it drawing rather than losing we will get through it. We will bounce back soon(hopefully Friday)

56 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I think theres a good chance they'll avoid a dip. They're unbeaten in something like 18 games now, and scored 10 in the last 2 games. 

They drew a few early on, but they're winning most games now and just don't lose. 

A bit like us then?

Brentford are a good team

We are a good team

We have lost 2 in 23

Brentford have lost 2 in 25

We are above Brentford even if they win their game in hand

Brentford are top scorers in the Division (we are 5th)

Brentford have conceded more goals than us (and as many as Derby)

We have the 3rd best defensive record in the Division

We have had a shocking run of injuries

Brentford haven't had the squad percentage of injuries that we have had and may get lucky with their injury situation

Before we play Brentford the fixtures are;

Brentford -  Middlesboro (a) Reading (a), Barnsley (h), QPR (a), Coventry (a), Sheff Wed (h), Stoke (h)

Ours are Swansea(a), Stoke (h), Coventry (a), Rotherham (h) , Birmingham (a), Wycombe (a)

Then there some more fixtures after that

Pick out what you want from that list, then add your own 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Crabbycanary3

10 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Brentford will finish top in my opinion. They have the momentum and they score lots of goals.

I really feel we are on the verge of letting things slip with recent performances. Not got a settled team again and huge pressure on us Friday. We really need a “statement” performance to steady the ship. 

It was Bournemouth not long ago with you so I think you've just damned Brentford to the playoffs 😉

10 hours ago, K Lo said:

Yes, Brentford looking to secure a Champions' League spot next season with that 3-2 win over Bristol City whereas Norwich only managed to beat Bristol 2-0 a few weeks ago.

bUt dEy Sc0rez 3 goalz!!!!

It's reassuring to know that Farke will treat the sort of panicky speculation displayed on here with his usual phlegmatic calm. He knows he has a very talented squad of players that is more than capable of getting the results it needs. He's been there, done it, and knows how to respond to spells of poorer form. Speculation about future performance doesn't constitute evidence. The only evidence in at the moment is crystalised in the form of the current table, and we sit at the top of it. And past evidence shows that even the "superhuman" Brentford have had a couple of stinking performances. Of course there are issues to address, but is anyone seriously suggesting that Farke is not aware of them? 

Not a bad thing to have a couple of clubs breathing down your neck. The players will now realise they will have to work that little bit harder for a promotion bonus. It isn't going to be handed them on a plate, and it starts this Friday.

Bring it on.

1 hour ago, Ian said:

A bit like us then?

Yep, absolutely, bar the scoring part! 

We haven't  been prolific this season, and the goals have really dried up recently. Without an in form goalscorer it'll be hard to win more than the Bees from here to the end of the season. 

Defensively we've never looked as good. But we desperately need Pukki to find his scoring boots. If he was in 18/19 form, we'd have pinched three points from Millwall and Boro. 

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not a bad thing to have a couple of clubs breathing down your neck. The players will now realise they will have to work that little bit harder for a promotion bonus. It isn't going to be handed them on a plate, and it starts this Friday.

Bring it on.

Absolutely. Being well out in front too early can add unnecessary pressure or complacency.

Sometimes it's easier to play with an underdog mentality and chasing others. Be in the mix with 10 games to go, then is the time to press the accelerator! 

2 hours ago, jonnyace1 said:

I have to say I disagree that Brentford will be top at end of season . We draw two games 0-0 and we are suddenly terrible?. We completely outclassed Bristol city the previous game. A 46 game season is long and those who were planning how we would do better in the premier league were far too early. If we start losing some games , I can understand the negativity more. We are top- not midtable -with 2 defeats in 24 games. Every team will have a drop in performance in a long season- if you can do it drawing rather than losing we will get through it. We will bounce back soon(hopefully Friday)

You realise that Brentford haven't lost a league game since 24th October right?

19 games unbeaten. 

For me, they are the best team in the league. 

The form of Swansea and Reading also concerning, we have a real fight on our hands to secure automatic - Swansea is a huge huge game. But the neutrals money will definitely be going on Brentford to lift the title.