Sign in to follow this  
jonnyace1

Swansea predictions???

Not sure why everyone is so downbeat about our chances? We’ve just played two matches where the opposition has set up to stifle us and it’s worked for them. Swansea on the other hand should come out to give us a game and therefore leave space for us to work in. I’d be hugely confident in three points if Buendea were playing but even without him we should still have more than enough to beat them. We’re top of the league on merit and two goalless draws doesn’t change that 

If you offered me a 0-0 right now I would 100% take it . This is the absolute definition of a must-not-lose game, but with how toothless and disjointed we've been going forwards in the last 2 games, the fact Swansea have by far and away the best defensive record in the league (only conceded 15 goals in 26 games) and how they're playing really well and in brilliant form at the moment, I just cannot see any way we get 3 points here. If we get a point that means they can't close the gap any further I'd be happy with that.

1 minute ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can see us losing 3-0 it’s been coming we have been riding our luck recently 

Which would make you very happy

• Like 1

My prediction is that most of the predictions here will turn out to be wrong. Although I am prepared to put my neck on the line and say that we will secure something in the range from 0, 1 or 3 points. 

They gave us a good game at Carrow Road, it was only 1-0 due to some great saves from Timmy and great blocks from the Swansea defence. I reckon there will be more chances in this game for both sides, I’m going for 1-1.

Edited by Mr Angry
Spelling
  • Like 1

I think 0-0 is the most likely outcome;  swansea extremely tight defensively and combined with our lack of chances in recent games means we may struggle to score,  while we continue to concede very few goals.    Against that is swansea wont be as defensive boro or millwall so we may have more space for todd and mario to create more openings.  

We have been tight with Krul, Gibson & Hanley at the core, although we have allowed some good chances in both of the last two games and it is foreseeable that Swansea will be able to be better at exploiting that than Boro or Millwall.  My negative nancy head can foresee a 1-0+ defeat as we are missing emi & Giannoulis continues to adapt to our style of play.

3 games in a week is tough, especially against 2 physical sides. Wonder what the fittness levels will be like tonight? Farke will need to make use of a strong subs bench.

Must admit to being a bit concerned about tonight. He has his liabilities but Buendia is the one who makes us tick and we are not the same side without him.Along with the fact that Pukki is obviously going through a lull in form or confidence,needing three touches instead of one,and also we have rode our luck a little bit lately,ie Dowells slip at the end of the Millwall game.Feel if we are not at it tonight we could be on the end of a damaging defeat.