Sign in to follow this  
jonnyace1

Swansea predictions???

Sit deep, and press , then look to catch them on the break. Just what we should have done to a lot of teams last season, in away games 😉  We start with a point, so, for a start, let's not lose that........

A draw away at the 2nd placed team, would be an awesome result in anyone's book.

Given that Hourihane always scores against us, a come from behind 2-1 win then all the doomsayers can go back to sleep. Norwich and Brentford for the two auto's, Watford through the playoffs. Swansea aren't good enough. Tell all your Welsh friends.

Bedding in Giannoulis looks to have currently weakened the team - hopefully we'll see the benefits of this process down the line. From the outside, it does all seem a bit harsh on Sorensen. I thought he was outstanding a couple of weeks back. His time will come I feel.

Rupp is also getting back up to speed and so far hasn't contributed comparably to McLean recent excellent efforts. Pukki also looks a bit out of sorts and has been isolated. The 3 of Placheta, Cantwell and Vrancic were generally outmuscled against Millwall which isn't too surprising. Dowell is another who hasn't found his rhythm yet and Onel is also in desperate need of pitch time. 

This will be a tricky assignment. Other than Krul, Aarons, Hanley, Gibson & Skipp, no one else seems to be firing or in form. This game might be more suited to Vrancic. Cantwell looks to now be a marked man, probably even more so with Emi unavailable. Maybe Onel or Idah in for Placheta? McLean should come back in too somehow if he's ready, but he's not as effective up higher. Could Rupp & McLean both start with a view to keeping it tight for the first 70, then try and nick it with fresh legs off the bench?

Some tweaks are needed due to bluntness in the 'final furd' recently and there must be a few tired legs after the last two draining games. Bit of a breather after Friday though. I thought yesterday's game would be a 0-0 frustrater, maybe nick it 1-0 and I feel the same about this one. Unless a few can up their performance levels, I feel Swansea are more likely to be the ones to scrape the win.

I'm going for another 0-0 though. 

5 hours ago, pete said:

I'm in the Swansea 1-0 camp.  Hourihane needs to be kept quiet and maybe it will be 0-0.  Farke could have used the bench yesterday to rest some of the creative bodies earlier than he actually did.

Agree we need to watch Hourihane and also Jamal Lowe and Ayew and Rouledge and Grimes ! Phew - quite a few to watch - best adopt Warnock tactics and man mark their entire team !

9 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I predict in the game against Swansea Brentford will beat us 3-2

I don’t believe that Brentford will ever lose again. I think history will recognise Brentford as one of the greats. Brazil 1970 . Spain ,  Barcelona, various Real Madrid sides , Brentford .

Having dispatched Bristol City 3.2 last night , destiny beckons. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Am concerned about our form going into this one. First choice players seem leggy, Teemu is off-colour and we don't seem to be gelling well in an attacking sense. Think we'll lose tomorrow, 3-1.

Loving the humour on this thread 😁

My prediction is 1-1 but also that if we lose (we would still be top don’t forget) at least one satchel will be calling for Farke’s head. 

27 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Am concerned about our form going into this one. First choice players seem leggy, Teemu is off-colour and we don't seem to be gelling well in an attacking sense. Think we'll lose tomorrow, 3-1.

Really? We haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any of the previous 12 games, and Swansea have only scored more than 2 in a game once all season.

There, I've said it........................🤦‍♂️🙂

Edited by Crabbycanary3
  • Like 1

I would like to see the front 4 Idah, Henandez, Martin, Mumba start the game just so Swansea have no idea what's going on. Then, just as they start to get used to those 4, at half time sub them all off and put on Pukki, Cantwell, Mario, Placheta.

Confusion tactics!

Theyve certainly had more rest than us. I havent seen anything over the last couple of games which suggests we should give them a game. Hopefully the nature of a top of the table tie allows our players to up their game. I would be very surprised if we won, but you just never know.

Edited by jaberry2

26 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Really? We haven't conceded more than 1 goal in any of the previous 12 games, and Swansea have only scored more than 2 in a game once all season.

There, I've said it........................🤦‍♂️🙂

Yeah, I think we were lucky to get out of both the last 2 games with a draw each, we conceded good chances right at the end of both matches and probably should have been punished for it. Swansea won't be so forgiving, they're on a hot streak and have had a week's rest, I fancy them to do to us what we did to Leeds 2 years ago. Hope I'm wrong.

15 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Yeah, I think we were lucky to get out of both the last 2 games with a draw each, we conceded good chances right at the end of both matches and probably should have been punished for it. Swansea won't be so forgiving, they're on a hot streak and have had a week's rest, I fancy them to do to us what we did to Leeds 2 years ago. Hope I'm wrong.

CW, there's nothing wrong with respecting the opposition, but don't forget, we were the away team at Leeds, going to the 'cauldron' that was Elland Road against a team, everyone at the time thought would sweep all before them We spanked their a*** that day. This time , with Swansea, these are different circumstances.

Why you think Swansea are going to suddenly find their shooting boots against the Top team (on merit, throughout 27 games, who have conceded 1 goal in the last 5 League games) when they haven't all season against much lesser teams, is with you, but it isn't with me.

Hot streak? They've lost 2 in their last 12. It's good, but it isn't hot

Edited by Crabbycanary3

I seriously believe that we are going to regret not adding to our striking options in the transfer window.Yes,it would have cost us,but,looking at Pukki at the moment, no- one can deny he is going through a loss of form and I'm sorry,I really do not think Hugill or Idah are prolific enough at this level.I'm prepared to be shot down!!!( and I hope i'm wrong!!).🔰

Not so sure this will be low-scoring as Swansea like to get forward and they can do it at pace. I think we'll have a bit more space though as don't forget, Swansea play with wing-backs. Mumba gave Connor Roberts all manner of trouble down their right as a pacey player bombing down the left. Don't see why a natural leftie in Giannoulis can't cause similar problems. I think there's real potential for an awesome partnership in Giannoulis and Placheta if it clicks.

But if you offered me a draw now, I'd take it happily. Gut's telling me this could be 2-2.

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Doesn't tell us an awful lot and they go off topic pretty quickly. 

Ha ha. They seem a calm lot! Whereas............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

CW, there's nothing wrong with respecting the opposition, but don't forget, we were the away team at Leeds, going to the 'cauldron' that was Elland Road against a team, everyone at the time thought would sweep all before them We spanked their a*** that day. This time , with Swansea, these are different circumstances.

Why you think Swansea are going to suddenly find their shooting boots against the Top team (on merit, throughout 27 games, who have conceded 1 goal in the last 5 League games) when they haven't all season against much lesser teams, is with you, but it isn't with me.

Hot streak? They've lost 2 in their last 12. It's good, but it isn't hot

Like I said Crabby, I'm not trying to be a doom merchant, but I have a really bad feeling about tomorrow's game. Look at Swansea's last 5 results, scored 3 vs Rotherham, drew with Brentford despite being down to 10 men, scored 5 against Forest, beat Barnsley 2-0, they've definitely got scoring form right now at the point that we don't. If we perform how we have the last 2 games then defensively we'll be strong, but we still gifted golden opportunities that the opposition really should have punished us for, without really testing the keeper whatsoever. If we want to get a result against Swansea we'll need to score at least 2, that's a big change from not even having a shot on target.

I want to see a better, more attacking performance tomorrow. I can handle losing if we create chances and just get unlucky. What I;'m really worried we;ll see is another stilted, lacklustre attacking performance that will be punished by a side that's more ruthless than we've been of late and will attack us at pace rather than setting up to stop us playing and nullify their own attack as a result.

6 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Like I said Crabby, I'm not trying to be a doom merchant, but I have a really bad feeling about tomorrow's game. Look at Swansea's last 5 results, scored 3 vs Rotherham, drew with Brentford despite being down to 10 men, scored 5 against Forest, beat Barnsley 2-0, they've definitely got scoring form right now at the point that we don't. If we perform how we have the last 2 games then defensively we'll be strong, but we still gifted golden opportunities that the opposition really should have punished us for, without really testing the keeper whatsoever. If we want to get a result against Swansea we'll need to score at least 2, that's a big change from not even having a shot on target.

I want to see a better, more attacking performance tomorrow. I can handle losing if we create chances and just get unlucky. What I;'m really worried we;ll see is another stilted, lacklustre attacking performance that will be punished by a side that's more ruthless than we've been of late and will attack us at pace rather than setting up to stop us playing and nullify their own attack as a result.

I get it, no problem, but I would urge you to look at it from a different angle 😉 

If we win or draw tomorrow, that would be a great result. Either of those outcomes, away at the 2nd placed team is always seen as a positive. I know you have looked at our very recent form (2 x 0-0 draws) and it hasn't filled you with huge positives, but Swansea only scored 3 for the first time this season against Rotherham (I am not counting cup games - too many variables) We didn't concede for a quarter of the game, despite us having 10 men, against the 7th placed team. We do have many qualities, we just need to bring them to the table, and tomorrow COULD be that time. If not, then the following fixtures could quite well work in our favour (For example, Swansea sill have to play Watford, Reading and Bournemouth away this season). 

Let's get stuck into them 

31 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

I know you have looked at our very recent form (2 x 0-0 draws) and it hasn't filled you with huge positives,

It's not the results Crabby, 2 draws isn't horrendous by any means. It's the manner of the draws, the quality of the performances that has got me nervous!

Not got good vibes about this one at all and have a say 2-0 to Swansea.

Some absentees from this thread who no doubt if we do lose will be all over this forum with accusations of being negative and pant wetting without being prepared to nail their colours to the mast with a prediction beforehand.

27 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Swansea were 2/1 now 19/10 on bet 365 . Going in . I’m following the smart money . 
Bye bye mortgage 💸💰 

Don't do it Beardo 😯🙃

Waayyyyy too early to jump ship.😉 Gotta stick with the boys while they're TOTL and averaging 2+ points per game. Daniel will have a plan and we'll win 3-1💛💚💪

I would just like to see us moving the ball more quickly. We need to be the ones sitting a bit deeper I think and use the pace of Hernandez or Placheta to run into, with Pukki slicing through the middle. We seem to have got more and more languid as the season has progressed, there will be space tomorrow but we have to find it when its there and not pi££ around too much just inside our own half letting Swansea get organised.

I forecast another 0-0 sadly.

23 hours ago, crab man said:

2-0 swans, can't see us getting anything from this without emi. 

placheta isn't doing enough at the minute, in fact he looks clueless, would be nice to see onel get the start. 

swans look dangerous with the addition of hourihane now, plus he normally scores against us 😐

I don't think Onel is ready and his ball control often leaves a lot to be desired. Sorensen definitely has to start at LB as we need his strong defensive qualities. I like the idea of Adam at 9 with Teemu at 10. 

Grant has played really well  recently but I wish he would move the ball forward faster. Even a ball over the top but when he dithers eventually goes back it all seems too negative and slow.

43 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Don't do it Beardo 😯🙃

Waayyyyy too early to jump ship.😉 Gotta stick with the boys while they're TOTL and averaging 2+ points per game. Daniel will have a plan and we'll win 3-1💛💚💪

No way . Soon as we lose I’m off . At least that was my original plan in 1972 😂

• Haha 1