Sign in to follow this  
jonnyace1

Swansea predictions???

Two to three weeks ago, I would have called this 0-0. After our last two matches, I now think 0-0!!. 

Last two performances have been poor(on awful pitches) but it is two of the tightest defences playing each other. Swansea success has largely been built on their defensive skills. Even Brentford have drawn far too many games, although they look good. The other contenders have regularly slipped up.

Despite the transfer window being quiet, we should have tried to get another striker. The stats clearly point out a poor conversion rate of chances. I hope it won’t cost us. Wages would clearly be an issue getting a lower premier striker but would serve us this season and beyond. At least we are financially stable?!.

Sadly, I enjoy all the clean sheets we are getting now and it is a welcome change from the porous defence we had before. It doesn’t always make an interesting watch but is a clear philosophy change.

So.. Draw on Friday for me and move on to 5 easier fixtures but what does everyone else think??

Can’t see them not scoring! We need a couple goals to win this one, but at present we don’t look like it’s coming.

Good to see McClean back, no doubt he’s been missed, so just maybe with Sorensen back in at left back and Pukki finding form we could scrape a win, my head saying we’ll lose this one 2-0.

Edited by Indy

I agree about Pukki. It is of concern that a number of his goals have been penalties- we don’t want him becoming another Troy Deeney( does he ever score in open play!). Not convinced Swansea are a huge goal threat- Ayew is overrated and Lowe is not a natural striker.

Is it correct they play Rugby on their pitch too, with all the rain we’ve had it won’t be any better than Millwall’s. Reckon we’ll do well to keep them to two goals, can’t see us scoring three.

2-0 swans, can't see us getting anything from this without emi. 

placheta isn't doing enough at the minute, in fact he looks clueless, would be nice to see onel get the start. 

swans look dangerous with the addition of hourihane now, plus he normally scores against us 😐

I predict a better but still disappointing performance overall, with Swansea grabbing a goal or two and us to failing to main inroads despite having more of the ball. See Bournemouth and Watford away.

So I'll go 1-0 Swansea.

Cue pandemonium on here for 8 days until we bounce back and then go on to win 5 on the trot and re-extend our lead at the top... 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

I’m surprised we are still favourites to win this match, 2/1 Swansea is generous. It’s definitely a don’t lose match and another draw will do for me. 

Let’s be honest a win on Friday will apply pressure on Brentford who have a tough game the following day! This could be the pivotal game, I’d happily take a really ****e performance with a 1-0 win.........

Its a tough one.

They are one of the 3 best teams in the league, along with ourselves and Brentford, and I think we could all beat each other on any given day. Id certainly be thinking that seeing the Buendia red will have given them a huge boast and they will be right up for this to try to catch us and put the pressure on. Its going to be up to us to weather an early storm, especially as we have had the busier week. 

Can we win this one? Absolutely! But its going to take a performance akin to that of Cardiff first half or Bristol away first half. We won't be able to have an passengers and the frontline is going to have to find that ruthless streak. Its probably going to be a low scoring affair and I think whoever scores first will go on to win it, so its essential we get the first 20 minutes under our belt without conceding and maybe even nicking a goal ourselves. 

Im dreaming of a 1-0 Norwich, but if you say to me Swansea score first and we bring it back to make it 1-1 then I'd probably happily take that, especially if we get a favourable result with Brentford the next day.

We need our lads to step up and play their best. 

This contest will be as tight as a nun's chuff. 

Hopefully we get  a decent ref, a little bit of luck and our boys play out of their skins. 

Friday is going to come all too quickly as some of our players are looking well jaded. With no Emi, creating few chances and Pukki off form everything points to a Swansea win.

So I'm going for 3-1 Norwich 😜

• Haha 1

We seem to get up for the really big games against tough opponents. This is one of them games, We have not played well the last 3 so look for us to start a good run on Friday 2-1 canaries 

1 hour ago, Bonzo said:

We need our lads to step up and play their best. 

This contest will be as tight as a nun's chuff. 

Hopefully we get  a decent ref, a little bit of luck and our boys play out of their skins. 

Ref is Simon Hooper 😐

Take a draw right now. 

I know a few Swansea season ticket holders and they are confident they are going to win comfortably. 

I want to wipe some smiles but im worried. 

Let's go for a 1-1.

Edited by Chelm Canary

Surprised so many are predicting Swans to score twice. No doubt we have been misfiring up front but only conceded one goal in the last five league games. Looks like a very tight low scoring game to me. One nil to someone

4 hours ago, jonnyace1 said:

Two to three weeks ago, I would have called this 0-0. After our last two matches, I now think 0-0!!. 

Last two performances have been poor(on awful pitches) but it is two of the tightest defences playing each other. Swansea success has largely been built on their defensive skills. Even Brentford have drawn far too many games, although they look good. The other contenders have regularly slipped up.

Despite the transfer window being quiet, we should have tried to get another striker. The stats clearly point out a poor conversion rate of chances. I hope it won’t cost us. Wages would clearly be an issue getting a lower premier striker but would serve us this season and beyond. At least we are financially stable?!.

Sadly, I enjoy all the clean sheets we are getting now and it is a welcome change from the porous defence we had before. It doesn’t always make an interesting watch but is a clear philosophy change.

So.. Draw on Friday for me and move on to 5 easier fixtures but what does everyone else think??

I hate to say it but 2-0 to Swansea, I just can't see us creating anything

I'm in the Swansea 1-0 camp.  Hourihane needs to be kept quiet and maybe it will be 0-0.  Farke could have used the bench yesterday to rest some of the creative bodies earlier than he actually did.

I expect a response from city.

I did wonder if deep down Cantwell / Emi in the previous game had been disappointed no big transfer (again) !

Then again it was bit cold against Millwall.

So - up your game,  lots of tempo and show the world you're all prem players and not the Welsh pretenders.

2:0 to city. 🙂

I think the central midfield pair were awful the last two games and yes I’m including skipp in that. Rupp is so average it hurts and must be replaced by McLean. Skipp needs to assert himself a lot more in my opinion. If Cantwell ponces around like he has the last 2 games he will be nothing but a passenger. 
I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet for the 3rd game running so I get Hernandez on one side and  Placheta on the other. Give them some directness to worry about. 
I’d also get Sorensen back at full back..